ADVERTISEMENT

You can do this Hoosiers!!!

They need to slow down & hit their 3’s. Then scrap & claw to shut down & harass SC’s four outside players. Shot fakes to draw fouls.
Big hill to climb.

No fouls, traveling, 3 secs for SC. Red carpet laid out for a trip to the final.
It’ll be a huge audience for the Iowa/SC final.

South Carolina is 34-0 and dominating. It was a nice season for the Hoosiers but they aren’t going to advance tonight.

The officiating has been horrible and SC certainly does not need any help; they are a juggernaut.

This is the difference between being good in the worst power 5 conference and being elite on full display. Iowa unlikely to make the FF either, two really good Pac12 teams ahead of them. Likely to be USCar and 3 Pac12 teams for the final four

Reactions: bwcoach
SC just quicker overall. Cordoso is 6’7” and stronger than McKenzie. They can score about anytime they want. IU always playing a step behind.

What frustrates me.... is SC play's like Edey.... they step into you and bump you back...and when you go back to defend the shot... the refs call a foul on us.

The real foul should be an offensive foul where SC is jumping into our players.

If they would start calling that in Basketball.... you wouldn't have all of these offensive players
"INITIATING CONTACT"... because all that is doing is gaining an advantage.

Playing a lot better. They seem to be anticipating on D a lot better. Hitting some 3s really helping.

Keep firing from 3, use Mack in the high post, back cuts, layups, and made 3s for the win.

I presume Moren was out of timeouts at the end?

You gotta pump fake and jump into the defender on the shot, force the call

I presume Moren was out of timeouts at the end?

You gotta pump fake and jump into the defender on the shot, force the call
Agree with the Pump Fake Middawg..... but I'm not sure they would have called it against SC.

The SC coach was just as bad as Izzo on the sideline.

Reactions: IUgradman
They’re undefeated. They know how to win games and they are confident they can. Great effort in the comeback, was a good season for the women especially considering injuries. I don’t think Holmes is 100%

I actually think SC was tightening up until that 3. She misses that and we might have the ball with 50 sec left. Would've been very interesting.

This is the difference between being good in the worst power 5 conference and being elite on full display. Iowa unlikely to make the FF either, two really good Pac12 teams ahead of them. Likely to be USCar and 3 Pac12 teams for the final four
As usual, you're clueless

As usual, you're clueless
USCar took their foot off the gas at halftime and it nearly cost them. It was mostly close because USCar thought the game was already won and the second half a formality. Had they kept the intensity and focus, they easily could have beaten IU by 30.

USCar took their foot off the gas at halftime and it nearly cost them. It was mostly close because USCar thought the game was already won and the second half a formality. Had they kept the intensity and focus, they easily could have beaten IU by 30.

Maybe they could have won by 30 but they didn't. And maybe they took their foot off the gas in the 3rd, but they sure didn't in the 4th and no way Staley wanted it to be a one possession game.

Normally, a team comes back but the team leading usually asserts itself and gets the game under control and wins easily. Not this time because if how IU played.

Maybe they could have won by 30 but they didn't. And maybe they took their foot off the gas in the 3rd, but they sure didn't in the 4th and no way Staley wanted it to be a one possession game.

Normally, a team comes back but the team leading usually asserts itself and gets the game under control and wins easily. Not this time because if how IU played.
I can agree to all of that. Once IU got fired up, USC had a hard time matching that intensity again. I am sure Staley wanted her team to keep putting IU away, but players don't always do as coaches want, especially when they start reading their own press clippings.

Reactions: ribbont
Likely to be one Pac12 team in at this point. The BIG is the worst power 5 conference? What a dumb comment.

Likely to be one Pac12 team in at this point. The BIG is the worst power 5 conference? What a dumb comment.
The big ten is excited to get 1-2 teams in the sweet sixteen, as often we don't get any a we get 2 or more... the Pac AVERAGES 4 and the SEC averages a little over 2. Every power 5 conference has had multiple different schools win the NCAA in the last 25 years, the BT has had 4 teams make a single FF each, but not one winner since 99. How did the BT teams do against UCLA and Stanford this year? At the top of the conference, the BT is easily the weakest of the top five conferences. But we do have depth of strength in the middle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT