ADVERTISEMENT

Yogi Ferrell appreciation thread! So many on here complain about the

As I said, they played some at PG, maybe primarily for a season

, but that doesn't mean they were a PG. Hillman played alot of PG too.

Guyton was very similar to Yogi? One of us has a bad memory. Guyton was a scorer, but not much of a distributor, whereas when he has the pieces, Yogi is a floor general. I don't think of Guyton like that at all; he had to learn and accept the position. Natural 2 all the way.

As I said, they played some at PG, maybe primarily for a season

, but that doesn't mean they were a PG. Hillman played alot of PG too.

Guyton was very similar to Yogi? One of us has a bad memory. Guyton was a scorer, but not much of a distributor, whereas when he has the pieces, Yogi is a floor general. I don't think of Guyton like that at all; he had to learn and accept the position. Natural 2 all the way.

The gulf between IT, QB (funny, I never thought of his initials like that, but it fits perfectly!) is that they were on NC teams. If you're talking individual skills, the gulf to me exists between IT and everyone else. If Yogi stays 4 years and you don't penalize him for his coaches inability to recruit an entire team around him (and to coach it effectively Yogi's freshman year), he belongs right there with them (I penalize IT somewhat for only being here 2 years).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT