ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes, Michigan.

You've mastered the art of the not-so-subtle brag. I'm impressed. Please keep the "I'm so important" posts coming.

I wish I never communicated with Cuban, cost me time and money. He isn't as smart as he thinks he is. He would answer your email if you could formulate something close to a business idea and said you were from IU. Grow a pair and live a little. If trading emails with Mark Cuban is a brag, your life sucks buddy.

Woodie doesnt have Mark Cuban phone number? I think we are the only school to have an alum/booster who owns an NBA team.
Surely Cuban can offer a guaranteed 1st round pick proving that this kid meets certain criteria.
?? you think most NBA owners didn't go to college? Or most teams don't have a single majority owner? It seems I've heard MJ went somewhere, but can't remember where for the life of me!

?? you think most NBA owners didn't go to college? Or most teams don't have a single majority owner? It seems I've heard MJ went somewhere, but can't remember where for the life of me!
Michigan State former Izzo “walk-on” just bought the Phoenix Suns.

Ehh I don’t buy that crap. If he was that good he would be playing in the nba already. Michigan moving on from him is probably for the better.
I sort of agree with you that if he were good enough he would be in the nba or europe.
But I am surprised at his size that he doesn’t have value.
Maybe he actually wants a masters degree for free that he would not have gotten if he had turned pro first.
Regarding his swipe at UMich and NiL, I am surprised they did not come up with more money.

Dickinson made his transfer to Kansas in early May... Mackenzie made his decision between us and Kansas shortly thereafter...
Think you're making a stretch to say that. They play totally different positions and we'd gotten commitments from Peyton Sparks and Kelel Ware prior so if he was concerned about PT at the 5 spot... You think CMW might've had something to do with it?

Think you're making a stretch to say that. They play totally different positions and we'd gotten commitments from Peyton Sparks and Kelel Ware prior so if he was concerned about PT at the 5 spot... You think CMW might've had something to do with it?
His mom calling woody, and saying recruit my son, is pretty baller.

not really.. there is only so much NIL money to go around... and yes CMW had a lot to do about it

not really.. there is only so much NIL money to go around... and yes CMW had a lot to do about it
Not at Kansas. Plus that 4 million they supposedly gave Dickinson sounds more like a fairy tale. He got 7 figures but I’m betting it’s not 4 mill.

Reactions: kkott
Top 10 player, at KU? Yeah, I'm sure they couldn't afford him. Heeheeeheeeheeee... Plus, again, in that line of thinking I'm sure Ware didn't come just because he loves candy stripes. At one point I think they were the top 2 rated portal players. IU may have put together a better package (I seem to remember tweets/involvement from a well-known booster) but I would guess KU was pulling out all the stops too. Aren't they ranked 1 in many polls? Probably had something to do with PT at his position, since he left Duke onstensibly over minutes, but that's not really impacted by HD.

Last edited:
Not at Kansas. Plus that 4 million they supposedly gave Dickinson sounds more like a fairy tale. He got 7 figures but I’m betting it’s not 4 mill.
I am surprised they would get him seven. Floppy McFloperson ain’t that good.

Hadn't heard about that; MM's mom reached out to CMW?
Yup. From the east coast and lots of mutual connections to Woody. Heard good things and she was like recruit my son after he decommited from Duke. Had the advantage from the start with him, because of woody. Being a well respected black coach with NBA ties has got us almost all of our top talent.

Dickinson bags on Michigan practices.

every time I try to check myself, tell myself I'm a grumpy old shithead and there must be some redeeming personality trait in Dickinson that I'm missing, and give the 'kid' the benefit of the doubt...he opens his mouth again, and I realize, nope, it's not me. He's just an asshole.

Btw mark your calendars for Dec 16....his return trip to Assembly Hall.

I wish I never communicated with Cuban, cost me time and money. He isn't as smart as he thinks he is. He would answer your email if you could formulate something close to a business idea and said you were from IU. Grow a pair and live a little. If trading emails with Mark Cuban is a brag, your life sucks buddy.
I think it could only have been him that posted here the day after Nowitzki’s last game (road game in San Antonio). I never liked Nowitzki.

JHS went 0-9 from 3 first 2 summer league games then 2-2 against Hornets. Comments in the press are that his vertical game is too limited and his shooting is an adventure.

UK beat Germany in Globl Jam tourney. With so many freshman each year smart for Calipari to get summer playing time together for them.

Last edited:
I think it could only have been him that posted here the day after Nowitzki’s last game (road game in San Antonio). I never liked Nowitzki.

JHS went 0-9 from 3 first 2 summer league games then 2-2 against Hornets. Comments in the press are that his vertical game is too limited and his shooting is an adventure.

UK beat Germany in Globl Jam tourney. With so many freshman each year smart for Calipari to get summer playing time together for them.
I tried watching a few min of the LAL game last night just to watch JHS. Some some of the ugliest basketball I've ever watched in my life. I know it's summer league NBA, but still....nothing but missed 3s and bad passes. Just couldn't watch anymore. Went back to watching the tornado aftermath coverage in my area. We had 3 touchdowns within 5 miles of our house, including one within 8 blocks. Interesting evening.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Good that you still had a house to watch crappy bball.

Summer league is similar to NFL pre-season, a world different then regular season. The Colts pre season record during the peak Manning years was always horrible but regular season was a different kettle of fish. I think of this since the Rockets are undefeated in summer league :)

Anyway, glad you weren’t totalled by the storm.

Good that you still had a house to watch crappy bball.

Summer league is similar to NFL pre-season, a world different then regular season. The Colts pre season record during the peak Manning years was always horrible but regular season was a different kettle of fish. I think of this since the Rockets are undefeated in summer league :)

Anyway, glad you weren’t totalled by the storm.
thx, yeah some pretty serious damage literally 1 mile up the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT