ADVERTISEMENT

YES YES YES YES YES... NO BANNER NO BANNER NO BANNER!!!!

I never knew until today that Jussie Smollett was an IU fan.
I am out numbered 10-1 at work by very angry and arrogant Purdue fans who fantasize that they are Duke every season. By shear numbers they know they are untouchable in their hate and in their defacement of anything IU in between all of their PU bobbleheads, mini football helmets, and posters. I had a HS friend go to Purdue and enjoyed watching games with him. My hateful and angry PU co-workers have soured me on PU.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
Great season for Purdue. As an IU fan, I would say their team and coach have played the right way all season and have shown class. It was a hell of a great college basketball game.

I hope IU's coaching staff was watching.
I hope not. They lost.
Does anyone care about men’s soccer?
Does anybody care about football?

Reactions: YOTHN
Still upset about your loss? You would think you'd be accustomed to this failure. Its happened every year of your life...

"Upset" is a dramatic overstatement. Mildly disappointed is a far better description. Purdue exceeded my expectations, and the expectations of the cognoscenti, by a significant degree so it is hard to be upset. Admittedly it would have been nice to see them go further.

They had a great season. Being in the Top 8 of approximately 345 programs is hardly a cause for concern. They tied for the conference championship and the revenue teams are firmly on the upswing. Plus, they were a fun team to watch.

With the new AD regime in place the future looks bright to me. Reading here suggests strongly that those posting here cannot make that statement for the most part.

I am out numbered 10-1 at work by very angry and arrogant Purdue fans who fantasize that they are Duke every season. By shear numbers they know they are untouchable in their hate and in their defacement of anything IU in between all of their PU bobbleheads, mini football helmets, and posters. I had a HS friend go to Purdue and enjoyed watching games with him. My hateful and angry PU co-workers have soured me on PU.

I find your post surprising (and doubt its veracity.) I suggest something else might be going on at your place of employment. You claim that these Purdue fans are "angry." Why would they be angry? As has been pointed out by posters here, in recent years Purdue has a very good record against IU in Basketball. Brohm has beaten IU in each of his 2 years as football coach. From a Purdue fan's perspective, things are going well so anger doesn't appear to make sense.

I do not know any Purdue fans who think that Purdue is Duke. The recruiting "stars" do not reflect that. If anything, Purdue is perceived as a program that does more with less. That is very much unlike Duke.

If what you describe really happened, you should speak to HR. In the meanwhile your "shear numbers" of complaints cause me to have a sheer number of doubts about your post.

"Upset" is a dramatic overstatement. Mildly disappointed is a far better description. Purdue exceeded my expectations, and the expectations of the cognoscenti, by a significant degree so it is hard to be upset. Admittedly it would have been nice to see them go further.

They had a great season. Being in the Top 8 of approximately 345 programs is hardly a cause for concern. They tied for the conference championship and the revenue teams are firmly on the upswing. Plus, they were a fun team to watch.

With the new AD regime in place the future looks bright to me. Reading here suggests strongly that those posting here cannot make that statement for the most part.

A simple "yes, I am upset" would've sufficed.

A simple "yes, I am upset" would've sufficed.

But that would not have been correct. In both basketball and football, Purdue exceeded expectations these past seasons. To most fans, and certainly me, when you exceed expectations that is good news. So why anyone would be "upset" about good news makes no sense to me.

I recall the predictions here about how the season would turn out and what placement in the conference standings would be. Suffice it to say that one team exceeded those and one team came up far short. I am not upset at all.

But that would not have been correct. In both basketball and football, Purdue exceeded expectations these past seasons. To most fans, and certainly me, when you exceed expectations that is good news. So why anyone would be "upset" about good news makes no sense to me.

I recall the predictions here about how the season would turn out and what placement in the conference standings would be. Suffice it to say that one team exceeded those and one team came up far short. I am not upset at all.

Already over here putting your best spin on another pathetic Choke job huh...

Just wear your official neckwear proudly (the dog collar "Choker chain") and give up on trying to make that missed free throw and bad pass during clutch time anything more than what they were: a Big Time, Big Stage, Ultra Choke Job..., done in the finest tradition of purdue tourney appearance choke jobs...

Here's the thing everyone needs to understand. And this goes for both schools.

The Jackass % on message boards is about 30%-50%. (especially free boards) Depending on what day of the week it is.

The Jackass % of the RL fan base is about 5%-10%. So if you're gonna get worked up over what an opposing fan says on a message board you probably aren't suited for the internet age, lol.

Have many good friends who went to IU, some were rooting against PU some were rooting for PU and the B1G. They all sent texts about a great game and great season as I would to them.

Rivalry and hatred are two wholly different things. Purdue had a great season and did so after graduating 4 huge seniors and 5,000 career points from last years team. And OFC IU can always point to the banners as a last laugh. At the end of the day we are who we are today and that includes what we say here.

Reactions: IUHoopster

The Jackass % on message boards is about 30%-50%. (especially free boards) Depending on what day of the week it is.

The Jackass % of the RL fan base is about 5%-10%. So if you're gonna get worked up over what an opposing fan says on a message board you probably aren't suited for the internet age, lol.

Have many good friends who went to IU, some were rooting against PU some were rooting for PU and the B1G. They all sent texts about a great game and great season as I would to them.

Rivalry and hatred are two wholly different things. Purdue had a great season and did so after graduating 4 huge seniors and 5,000 career points from last years team. And OFC IU can always point to the banners as a last laugh. At the end of the day we are who we are today and that includes what we say here.

All it takes is a couple of visits to Ross Ade to turn rivalry into hatred.

Your finest fans throwing crap and shouting the most vile things they can dream up (fortunately they aren't very imaginative)...

Screw purdue.

You're a bunch of Chokers (when it comes to the NCAA tournament) and apparently always will be...

I have zero sympathy for you.

That was a classy post. If my Purdue co-workers were as gracious as you I would root for them when IU is not playing them. Unfortunately, my Purdue alum co-workers are not nearly as gracious.

Is there an age requirement to be here? I feel that this cat is about 12 years old.
I give the OP some room for some over-the-top enthusiasm. He was polite, avoided profanity and did not attack anyone. What he said, IMHO, was no worse than saying POTFB which is frequently said here.

And, I also feel that PU had a stellar season and post-season.

All it takes is a couple of visits to Ross Ade to turn rivalry into hatred.

Your finest fans throwing crap and shouting the most vile things they can dream up (fortunately they aren't very imaginative)...

Screw purdue.

You're a bunch of Chokers (when it comes to the NCAA tournament) and apparently always will be...

I have zero sympathy for you.

And I have the same stories of IU fans and the Hall but I'm not dumb enough to think you are all the same because someone at IU hocked a big loogie and spit it on the ground in front of my son (who was 10 then) and said "that's what I think of Purdue".

Purdue has choked many times in the tournament, that's true. So has IU. If you know anything about basketball this year wasn't a choke, it was a great basketball game.

And trust me, if anybody needs sympathy after last season it's you not me.

I find your post surprising (and doubt its veracity.) I suggest something else might be going on at your place of employment. You claim that these Purdue fans are "angry." Why would they be angry? As has been pointed out by posters here, in recent years Purdue has a very good record against IU in Basketball. Brohm has beaten IU in each of his 2 years as football coach. From a Purdue fan's perspective, things are going well so anger doesn't appear to make sense.

I do not know any Purdue fans who think that Purdue is Duke. The recruiting "stars" do not reflect that. If anything, Purdue is perceived as a program that does more with less. That is very much unlike Duke.

If what you describe really happened, you should speak to HR. In the meanwhile your "shear numbers" of complaints cause me to have a sheer number of doubts about your post.
I just quit bringing in to work any IU posters, banners, cups, etc. It's not worth the ridicule or disfigurement from a few really hateful PU co-worker alums toward IU. This group wears PU gear weekly to work, and travel the country to support PU football, basketball. They are really angry today after the loss to Viginia. They traveled to Louisville and went to the game. These are the unhinged Purdue fans you talked about that actually wish ill will on IU players, and Kyle Guy, who they said they hoped he broke his ankle when he stepped on a PU players foot in 1st half. If IU has this mean of fans I haven't met them yet, but I am almost alone at work in support of IU. They run in packs and they make it clear in meetings that any stupid decision would have to made by an IU grad, because Purdue grads are much too smart to do that. Arrogance, anger, and meanness. All on display, PU must be proud of these bad apples they turned out.

Last edited:
I don’t know who you guys work/associate with but I know dozens of Purdue fans and they’re all very civil and reasonable. We joke and do a little trash talking back and forth, but the generalizations on here of them all being crazy/hateful fans is absurd. Same with UK or any other school.

The problem is likely the people on this board, not the entire Purdue or UK fan base.

Reactions: Columbus-Boiler
And I have the same stories of IU fans and the Hall but I'm not dumb enough to think you are all the same because someone at IU hocked a big loogie and spit it on the ground in front of my son (who was 10 then) and said "that's what I think of Purdue".

Purdue has choked many times in the tournament, that's true. So has IU. If you know anything about basketball this year wasn't a choke, it was a great basketball game.

First: I'm sorry to hear that occurred (with your son). Whoever did it deserves to be horse whipped. I doubt that's as regular an occurrence at IU as what has gone on at Ross Ade for decades (items thrown, profanities shouted in mass) all evidently officially supported since its continued year after year...

As far as choking goes: missing a 2nd free throw to win it, throwing the ball out of bounds and failing to block out in clutch time is as pure a team Choke Job as you're ever likely to witness.

Good luck dealing with your denial...

Completely agree with everything you said.

As you know, not all IU fans (and very few alums) are like the crazies on this board. Please don’t confuse the armpit of our fan base with the normal fan.

Completely agree with everything you said.

As you know, not all IU fans (and very few alums) are like the crazies on this board. Please don’t confuse the armpit of our fan base with the normal fan.
Correct. The irrational "crazies" in the IU fan base direct most of their venom toward coaches and administrators. Very little irrational hatred left over for opposing fans. If a Purdue fan spit on a Hoosier, many from this forum would blame Fred Glass and/or Archie Miller.

I don’t know who you guys work/associate with but I know dozens of Purdue fans and they’re all very civil and reasonable. We joke and do a little trash talking back and forth, but the generalizations on here of them all being crazy/hateful fans is absurd. Same with UK or any other school.

The problem is likely the people on this board, not the entire Purdue or UK fan base.
I am civil to PU fans at work but I am completely out numbered. PU fans seem to gain strength, courage, and lose all inhibitions in sheer numbers and in packs and it is ruthless sport to them to pick on any IU alum or fan at work. 10 offices will have PU gear and posters/photos displayed, and then an IU alum cube with an IU poater or nothing due to constant ridicule by his or her PU neighbors. The "IU s**ks" comment is a general greeting toward anyone perceived as an IU fan from a couple of the most bitter PU alums. Three of them showed up in my doorway to a give me a loud I.U.S. chorus after IU did not make the NCAA Tournament.

Anybody but Purdue.
I hear IU hate all week at work from Purdue alums and fans, I NEVER want them to win another game.
They deface anything IU that I bring to work, and I never touch any of their Purdue crap.
They completely hate IU and pour coffee on my IU banner, Sharpie on my IU poster efacing every player and Archie's faces, and a big "IU S**ks".
They suck, so because of my PU over zealous fan co-workers, I hate them.
I can't wait for the Monday morning cryfest.
I think I will bring donuts to celebrate.
They might take a knife to my chair before I arrive.

Wow! Where do you work?

First: I'm sorry to hear that occurred (with your son). Whoever did it deserves to be horse whipped. I doubt that's as regular an occurrence at IU as what has gone on at Ross Ade for decades (items thrown, profanities shouted in mass) all evidently officially supported since its continued year after year...

As far as choking goes: missing a 2nd free throw to win it, throwing the ball out of bounds and failing to block out in clutch time is as pure a team Choke Job as you're ever likely to witness.

Good luck dealing with your denial...

We can agree to disagree then. It's a loss. There's no denial. We could have won the game.

It's not about all schools being the same or not. This is a sport and you root for or against teams. Shocker, a lot of people here root against PU. Stop looking for salvation from everyone on an opposing fan forum. I enjoy hating Purdue as that makes the rivalry enjoyable for a lot of people. If you want to have sunshine shot up the tookus, go to the PU board. I assure you there is plenty of that there.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
It's not about all schools being the same or not. This is a sport and you root for or against teams. Shocker, a lot of people here root against PU. Stop looking for salvation from everyone on an opposing fan forum. I enjoy hating Purdue as that makes the rivalry enjoyable for a lot of people. If you want to have sunshine shot up the tookus, go to the PU board. I assure you there is plenty of that there.

But my doctor said my tookus needed more Vitamin D

And now, after our NIT loss, I’m not sure who the little brother is. My wife requested I call Purdue daddy tonight, so.....
The team that has won something is the big brother.

My hope is that getting close to the Final 4 will teach the Pee U fans how difficult it is to get there and win. We did it 3 times and won in an 11 year period. We played for a championship in 2002.

I don't expect a program that chants "IU sucks" at every home game to understand what it takes to win. But. I hope this experience causes some to think that being there and winning it is important regardless of how long it has been.

The team that has won something is the big brother.

My hope is that getting close to the Final 4 will teach the Pee U fans how difficult it is to get there and win. We did it 3 times and won in an 11 year period. We played for a championship in 2002.

I don't expect a program that chants "IU sucks" at every home game to understand what it takes to win. But. I hope this experience causes some to think that being there and winning it is important regardless of how long it has been.
It makes them realize they can never win.
And then they get angry and excuse ridden.

It begs the question of, is Pee U is holding Painter back, or is Painter holding the school back? I believe Porkchop could be more successful elsewhere.

See you are back to making the same silly comment that Jimbo made. One can never say something can never happen. You could say it is unlikely, or it is very unlikely, or even that the probability is terribly small. But you cannot say it will NEVER happen. Remember, he was predicting that Painter could never get past the S16 and we know that was in error.

It would be just as silly for a Purdue fan to say that IU will not get to a FF again. You cannot make that statement or yours with any real certainty. The future is not known and often surprises.

By the way, I still say if all those mean Purdue fans torment you at work you should go to HR. It might put your mind at rest.

See you are back to making the same silly comment that Jimbo made. One can never say something can never happen. You could say it is unlikely, or it is very unlikely, or even that the probability is terribly small. But you cannot say it will NEVER happen. Remember, he was predicting that Painter could never get past the S16 and we know that was in error.

It would be just as silly for a Purdue fan to say that IU will not get to a FF again. You cannot make that statement or yours with any real certainty. The future is not known and often surprises.

By the way, I still say if all those mean Purdue fans torment you at work you should go to HR. It might put your mind at rest.

You can say IU will make the final four as we have done that many times over. PU has never and will never get a title. He can say it, he did say it.....and he's right.

Reactions: ufo33 and jimmygoiu

It is unlikely PU makes the Elite 8 or Final 4. But PU will never win a title. So if you are an elite athlete why go there? Except to get your degree. And that's why they can't stack enough elite talent to win a title.

You can say IU will make the final four as we have done that many times over. PU has never and will never get a title. He can say it, he did say it.....and he's right.

Your post is simply silly. You can say that it is probable that IU will make another FF. You might even say that it is likely. That is an opinion, but it can logically be held. However, neither can anyone say for sure that they will. Remember what they say in the mutual fund ads: "Past performance is no guarantee of future results." Just because something has happened in the past does not guarantee that it will happen in the future.

Example: Loyola of Chicago won the NCAA Tournament in 1963 iirc. It was 55 years in between a return to the FF for them. If you were honest, if asked about 5 years ago: do you think Loyola will ever return? I would guess that you would have said no. But they did; unlikely as it was.

Other than expecting a violation of the Second Law of Thermodynamics, lots of things that you might think would never happen do happen. People are surprised all the time. Further, if you think about it you know that this is true.

It is unlikely PU makes the Elite 8 or Final 4. But PU will never win a title. So if you are an elite athlete why go there? Except to get your degree. And that's why they can't stack enough elite talent to win a title.

As you point out, the degree is considered significant. See the above about the logical use of "Never" and why you cannot logically hold your comment. I get it; you don't like Purdue or Purdue fans. However, there is simply fact and nobody controls the future or really knows what will occur. If you are that aware of the future, you should go buy a lottery ticket.

Last edited:
As you point out, the degree is considered significant. See the above about the logical use of "Never" and why you cannot logically hold your comment. I get it; you don't like Purdue or Purdue fans. However, there is simply fact and nobody controls the future or really knows what will occur. If you are that aware of the future, you should go buy a lottery ticket.

You are still here? My god...you need counseling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT