ADVERTISEMENT

YEE OF LITTLE FAITH...BOOM!!

fpeaugh

All-American
Sep 19, 2001
What have I been saying for months/weeks/days now? This was decided quite some time ago....obviously well before deciding not to host the NIT game.

I'm usually not one to say this but since I got ridiculed for months on here I just can't resist...I F'ING TOLD YOU SO! Indiana is on its way back! This is just the beginning of some MAJOR moves. Stay tuned.

Go Hoosiers!

But, but, but....tell me again about all those media talking heads. Tell me about what the Peegs Scout "sources" are saying. Tell me about what Dakich is hearing. How did those sources work out?

At the end of the day this has been known in a small group of people. Obviously what I've said about the media not being included in that group is correct. Let's get on to making a HUGE hire!

What have I been saying for months/weeks/days now? This was decided quite some time ago....obviously well before deciding not to host the NIT game.

I'm usually not one to say this but since I got ridiculed for months on here I just can't resist...I F'ING TOLD YOU SO! Indiana is on its way back! This is just the beginning of some MAJOR moves. Stay tuned.

Go Hoosiers!
Yeah this is very exciting. I could not be happier right now.

Go Hoosiers!

1) Congrats on being right. Me love you long time.

2) I'm still not convinced we're "on our way back" until I see who Fred hires. If it's Alford, I think it will be just more years of mediocrity.

Go Hoosiers!

Love it . . . you tell em, big guy!

Reactions: birdforpar

Go Hoosiers!
I think you've earned the "I told you so" post. Hopefully someday you'll reveal a little more about why you were so confident, without completely divulging your source, of course. I'd be curious as to the people included in that "small group"...

Reactions: evvcabinetman
But, but, but....tell me again about all those media talking heads. Tell me about what the Peegs Scout "sources" are saying. Tell me about what Dakich is hearing. How did those sources work out?

At the end of the day this has been known in a small group of people. Obviously what I've said about the media not being included in that group is correct. Let's get on to making a HUGE hire!
Did we just become best friends? Yep!

Go Hoosiers!
Glad you were right! Now, who are we getting?

Reactions: Cream&Crimson

Go Hoosiers!
I had faith.

Alright...you have my attention.

Who's our next coach?

Reactions: The Vid

Go Hoosiers!

Well done!!

Go Hoosiers!

Go Hoosiers!

Go Hoosiers!
I have been with you all along and could not believe those that could not see the writing on the wall.

Go Hoosiers!

On your point about decided a while ago, that press release wasn't just drafted this morning, that is for sure.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Fred has wanted to do this for a long time. As I've said many times, Fred made a big mistake with the extension/buyout...no question. But he's been waiting for the time to fix it for awhile now. And obviously he just did.

I haven't heard anything new on replacements. Glass really was waiting on that until he pulled the trigger on Crean. Will update more when I know it.

Fpeaugh, is it true that this wasn't Fred's call but more that of the BOT and boosters?

Go Hoosiers!

Credit where credit was due. I have to admit, I had faith until last night for some reason. Not against you in particular. Just all the stuff people were "hearing".

Donovan......?

Fpeaugh, is it true that this wasn't Fred's call but more that of the BOT and boosters?
Glass was never against it. He's been waiting for this opportunity for at least a couple years. Which is why he released his expectations a couple years ago which Crean obviously hasn't met. He was teeing this move up. The "best friend assumption" that's been made on here between Glass/Crean was never true.

Now as far as the BOT/boosters go...yes, they essentially only allowed one decision on this. But they didn't have to fight Glass on it. They both agreed for the most part except for one or two outliers who had other motives besides just IUBB.

Go Hoosiers!
You had a 50/50 shot, and Crean had to go based on logic. If you actually had a source, ok, interesting stuff.

But, the important thing is Crean is gone and IU can move forward. Exciting times!

Credit where credit was due. I have to admit, I had faith until last night for some reason. Not against you in particular. Just all the stuff people were "hearing".

Donovan......?
Anyone who didn't know before last night is way out of the loop. If you didn't know by then, you never knew. Don't listen to those media talking heads.

Glass was never against it. He's been waiting for this opportunity for at least a couple years. Which is why he released his expectations a couple years ago which Crean obviously hasn't met. He was teeing this move up. The "best friend assumption" that's been made on here between Glass/Crean was never true.

Now as far as the BOT/boosters go...yes, they essentially only allowed one decision on this. But they didn't have to fight Glass on it. They both agreed for the most part except for one or two outliers who had other motives besides just IUBB.

what type of motives?

Go Hoosiers!
Never doubted you, man...good work...go IU...

Go Hoosiers!
Well played. I salute you.

giphy.gif

Anyone who didn't know before last night is way out of the loop. If you didn't know by then, you never knew. Don't listen to those media talking heads.
If this decision was made a few (or even several) days ago, do you think Glass had informed Crean back then vs. just recently (such as last night)? Do you think Crean was hanging in the balance when he gave his last press conference, or did he know with certainty he was already gone?

And if the decision was in fact made some time ago, what would you reason as to why it was not announced until today? Conventional wisdom would be that Glass/IU slow-played it as long as they could trying to be respectful of Crean and his search for a quick job elsewhere. And when the Mizzuo thing officially went a different direction yesterday, Glass decided today was the day to make the formal announcement. That seems to make the most sense, but would be interested to hear your impressions.

Perhaps in a few days you should organize an fpeaugh chat... I bet you'd have a pretty captivated audience for Q&A time.

OK fpeaugh, you got this dead on the nose!!! What can you tell me about lottery numbers? LOL Seriously, congrats and you were a beacon of light in a dark,dark cavern!!

Go Hoosiers!
I love u. Now tell me who the next coach is

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT