ADVERTISEMENT

Yea for Yogi! Glad he got his 3-pointer.

Leafhen1

Benchwarmer
Apr 26, 2014
This was exactly the type of game where the streak could have ended because the team really didn't need his scoring. I really believe that the players don't care who scores the points, as long as they win. However, it is nice that Yogi kept that streak alive.

This was exactly the type of game where the streak could have ended because the team really didn't need his scoring. I really believe that the players don't care who scores the points, as long as they win. However, it is nice that Yogi kept that streak alive.

I'd like to see a streak of BTT and NCAAT wins for once.

Yeah, another positive comment, awesome.
Just telling the truth

As nice as personal milestones and streaks are, they don't mean as much as team success. Yogi came back this year - according to him - to cement his legacy. I really hope he does the little things that makes him and the team successful.

Just telling the truth

As nice as personal milestones and streaks are, they don't mean as much as team success. Yogi came back this year - according to him - to cement his legacy. I really hope he does the little things that makes him and the team successful.
He did last night. He played very well and it seems the team is working together and doing the little things. I think it will continue into league play.

Yeah, shoot down a positive comment.
OK, point taken. But Yogi has not been a kid who has really earned such a streak. In my opinion he certainly shot too much as a sophomore and probably last year as well. For a guy who has the talent to average 9-10 assists per game it's a shame that he is so much inclined to try to score himself. Kids don't understand that it isn't just about whether the ball goes in, it is how beat up you make the defense too. If you make the defense's head swim with ball movement, they get tired and discouraged. It's the better way to play. Not Yogi's fault, per say, but he has never had the kind of discretion I'd like to see in a tiny point guard.

OK, point taken. But Yogi has not been a kid who has really earned such a streak. In my opinion he certainly shot too much as a sophomore and probably last year as well. For a guy who has the talent to average 9-10 assists per game it's a shame that he is so much inclined to try to score himself. Kids don't understand that it isn't just about whether the ball goes in, it is how beat up you make the defense too. If you make the defense's head swim with ball movement, they get tired and discouraged. It's the better way to play. Not Yogi's fault, per say, but he has never had the kind of discretion I'd like to see in a tiny point guard.
^^^^^this

Sometimes your best defense is how you run your offense. If a defense has to work thru screens, movement, ball reversal, etc . . , it's going to have a lot less energy to operate on the othe end. And that grind over the course of a game takes it's toll.

Well said 32

Nobody in the college game averages 9 or 10 assist per game because it is harder to get an assist in the college game compared to the NBA. what constitutes an assist in the college game is a lot different than the NBA game.

Reactions: darrin09
I believe his offensive production was needed the last two years. His freshman year, IU did not require him to score as much as the last two years. His senior year will be a great opportunity to see if his scoring goes down but his assists go up.

Just telling the truth

No way you believe that.

I
I agree and he got it "in the flow of the game" and not as an organized strategy to keep the streak alive.

Reactions: darrin09
No way you believe that.

I prefaced that comment with "according to him".

Do I believe it? To me, talk is cheap. Yogi has SOOOOO much talent, but far too often has given off the "look at me" persona.

Want me to believe it, Yogi? Be the leader this team NEEDS you to be. Do the little things that great leaders do. Make your teammates better.

We shall see . . .

Reactions: thoops7
Nobody in the college game averages 9 or 10 assist per game because it is harder to get an assist in the college game compared to the NBA. what constitutes an assist in the college game is a lot different than the NBA game.

Absolutely not true. Look back over the last five years and you'll see several instances of players that have averaged in the 9-10 apg range.

Now that doesn't mean Yogi needs to average 10 assist every outing. But with his quickness and ability to penetrate, he could easily average 7.0 apg - or better.

It's all up to him.

Yogi seems like a coachable kid, as do almost all of our players. They are playing how they are coached, or they'd be sitting. Right?

Absolutely not true. Look back over the last five years and you'll see several instances of players that have averaged in the 9-10 apg range.

Now that doesn't mean Yogi needs to average 10 assist every outing. But with his quickness and ability to penetrate, he could easily average 7.0 apg - or better.

It's all up to him.
Just went back to last year and the leading assist man average 7.6 a game

Just went back to last year and the leading assist man average 7.6 a game
Did you use the links I provided? Obviously not.

Let's try this again:

Click here for 2013-14. Jason Brickman of LIU averaged 10.0 apg

Click here for 2011-12. Scott Machado of Iona averaged 9.9 apg; North Carolina's Kendall Marshall averaged 9.7 apg. And Jesse Sanders of LU averaged 8.0 apg. So it's not as uncommon as you tell us.

Did you use the links I provided? Obviously not.

Let's try this again:

Click here for 2013-14. Jason Brickman of LIU averaged 10.0 apg

Click here for 2011-12. Scott Machado of Iona averaged 9.9 apg; North Carolina's Kendall Marshall averaged 9.7 apg. And Jesse Sanders of LU averaged 8.0 apg. So it's not as uncommon as you tell us.
I just looked at 2014-2015 but thanks for the link

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT