ADVERTISEMENT

WTHR's Dave Calabro Asked A Couple Of Questions To Flory Bidunga In A Story On The News Yesterday

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017

Posted this video in a different thread, but decided it deserved a thread of it's own. 4A #7 Kokomo (16-4; 8-0 in the NCC) has two games next week:

Tuesday- @Western (11-7), Top 50 in the state in Defensive Average (tied for #45; 45.72 PPG)

Friday- North Central Conference (NCC) Championship Game @4A #13 Anderson (17-3; 8-0)

Last edited:

Posted this video in a different thread, but decided it deserved a thread of it's own. 4A #7 Kokomo (16-4; 8-0 in the NCC) has two games next week:

Tuesday- @Western (11-7), Top 50 in the state in Defensive Average (tied for #45; 45.72 PPG)

Friday- North Central Conference (NCC) Championship Game @4A #13 Anderson (17-3; 8-0)
Great young man! I also really like Coach Peckinpaugh. He is a fiery coach.

Reactions: Jayhoosier83
I think the Kokomo and Manchester Athletic Directors should get together and schedule a game or series of games against each other starting next year (especially next year) just to see two of the top players (Flory and Manchester's Gavin Betten) in northern Indiana on the court going against each other. I think Betten could be described as having a Trey Galloway style. Here's a couple of videos of Betten, one a video from AAU in the summer, and the other from a game against Tippecanoe Valley a couple of weeks ago.

Looking at their season stats this year and career stats, it's crazy how similar they are:

Gavin Betten

This season:
-13th in Indiana in scoring (22.3 PPG)
-7th in Indiana in rebounds (11.2 RPG)
-8th in Indiana in blocks (3.2 BPG)

Flory Bidunga

This Season:
-3rd in Indiana in rebounds (12.8 RPG)
-3rd in Indiana in blocks (4.4 BPG)

Even their combied averages against common opponents the past couple of years are similar:

Vs. Peru ( both are 1-1)

Betten:
12 PPG 9 RPG

Bidunga: 12.5 PPG 9 RPG

Vs. Huntington North

Betten:
8 PPG 7 RPG (14 points 12 rebounds this season

Bidunga: Plays Huntington North on February 24th (18 points 11 rebounds last season)

Last edited:
Betten gave me a little Larry Bird vibe….not saying he is like Larry Bird! He does look crafty and business like in his highlights….so kinda like Bird.

Betten gave me a little Larry Bird vibe….not saying he is like Larry Bird! He does look crafty and business like in his highlights….so kinda like Bird.
Forgot to add another impressive thing about his and Bidunga's careers is he has 26 double-doubles in 40 career games, Bidunga has 42 in 47 games. The goggles always make me think of Charlie Sheen's character in the Major League movies (Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn), lol

Reactions: Cutter1973
I think the Kokomo and Manchester Athletic Directors should get together and schedule a game or series of games against each other starting next year (especially next year) just to see two of the top players (Flory and Manchester's Gavin Betten) in northern Indiana on the court going against each other. I think Betten could be described as having a Trey Galloway style. Here's a couple of videos of Betten, one a video from AAU in the summer, and the other from a game against Tippecanoe Valley a couple of weeks ago.

Looking at their season stats this year and career stats, it's crazy how similar they are:

Gavin Betten

This season:

Flory Bidunga

This Season:

Even their combied averages against common opponents the past couple of years are similar:

Vs. Peru ( both are 1-1)

Betten:
12 PPG 9 RPG

Vs. Huntington North

Betten:

Bidunga: Plays Huntington North on February 24th (18 points 11 rebounds last season)
Betten isn’t a high major kid.

Reactions: Sobchak_Security

Gavin Betten

This season:

Flory Bidunga

This Season:

Vs. Peru ( both are 1-1)

Betten:
12 PPG 9 RPG

Vs. Huntington North

Betten:

Betten also isn’t better than Grady Carpenter

Would like him at IU. Watching TJD really develop his ball handling, passing and decision making skills over the past year and half has led me to believe Woodson will be good for boys. Especially those that are mobile.

Betten isn’t a high major kid.
You said the same thing about Galloway
Galloway isn’t BIG material

I don’t see the draw for Galloway, looks like a Indiana st, ball st caliber kid to me.

I don’t like Galloway game at all. Take Cross, and leal and build around those two.

Our backcourt is awful. Galloway isn’t a big ten player. Franklin can play and TJD can play but clean house on the rest

I am not a big fan of Galloway: I think he plays hard but is he very good? I don’t think so.
He's a starter on a top 15 team...

Is he a super star? No and don't think anyone ever inferred he'd be one either, but if that's your barometer for success then there's not many high major players out there. But he's more than a competent B10 something that you were (once again) wrong about. Shocking I know.

He's a starter on a top 15 team...

Is he a super star? No and don't think anyone ever inferred he'd be one either, but if that's your barometer for success then there's not many high major players out there. But he's more than a competent B10 something that you were (once again) wrong about. Shocking I know.
Ok “Coach” smh

Betten also isn’t better than Grady Carpenter
I would say that he's performed better than Carpenter this year against better competition, and did so without having a teammate in the top 25 in the state in 2 different stat catagories, like Carpenter has with Nolan Swan. Betten and Manchester have faced 4 teams in the top 50 in the state in Defensive Average. Here's what he's done against them:

vs Oak Hill (25th): 20 points 11 rebounds
vs Huntington North (32nd): 14 points 12 rebounds
vs Adams Central (33rd): 11 points 7 rebounds
vs Tippecanoe Valley (38th): 24 points 6 rebounds

Throw in a double-double (11 points 13 rebounds) against 3A #15 Peru last weekend and double-doubles in both games vs Wabash (2nd time they played, Wabash was #10 in 2A): 23 points 11 rebounds in the 1st game, 21 points 17 rebounds in the 2nd.

I would say that he's performed better than Carpenter this year against better competition, and did so without having a teammate in the top 25 in the state in 2 different stat catagories, like Carpenter has with Nolan Swan. Betten and Manchester have faced 4 teams in the top 50 in the state in Defensive Average. Here's what he's done against them:

vs Oak Hill (25th): 20 points 11 rebounds
vs Huntington North (32nd): 14 points 12 rebounds
vs Adams Central (33rd): 11 points 7 rebounds
vs Tippecanoe Valley (38th): 24 points 6 rebounds

Throw in a double-double (11 points 13 rebounds) against 3A #15 Peru last weekend and double-doubles in both games vs Wabash (2nd time they played, Wabash was #10 in 2A): 23 points 11 rebounds in the 1st game, 21 points 17 rebounds in the 2nd.
6’6 post kid vs carpenter a 6’5 pg. I prefer carpenters ceiling over Betten. AAU, carpenter is on the better team also. Both very good small schools players

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT