ADVERTISEMENT

WTF Kentucky… apologies MTIOF

zeke4ahs

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
Driving south for a wedding. Within 5 minutes of crossing the KY state line, we see a guy with what looks like a big cute dog sitting on his lap, with his head hanging out the window. As we get closer we are staring and roll down windows to say hi to the cute doggo. As we pull up, we realize the guy is holding a dead deer’s head. As he is driving down I75. What kind of person does this? Lol I’m still thinking about it.

Last edited:
Driving south for a wedding. Within 5 minutes of crossing the KY state line, we see a guy with what looks like a big cute dog sitting on his lap, with his head hanging out the window. As we get closer we are staring and roll down windows to say hi to the cute doggo. As we pull up, we realize the guy is holding a dead dear’s head. As he is driving down I75. What kind of person does this? Lol I’m still thinking about it.
The taxidermist didn’t deliver

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Driving south for a wedding. Within 5 minutes of crossing the KY state line, we see a guy with what looks like a big cute dog sitting on his lap, with his head hanging out the window. As we get closer we are staring and roll down windows to say hi to the cute doggo. As we pull up, we realize the guy is holding a dead deer’s head. As he is driving down I75. What kind of person does this? Lol I’m still thinking about it.
Was it fresh and bleeding? Driver or passenger? If driver, it shouldn’t have been on his lap. If passenger, you shouldn’t have been passing on the right - unless the driver is on of those dipsticks that insist in driving slower than prevailing speed in the right lane. Need more on this story. ;)

You obviously missed the side that read “Welcome to Kentucky, please set your clocks back 100 years”.

The taxidermist didn’t deliver
Was it fresh and bleeding? Driver or passenger? If driver, it shouldn’t have been on his lap. If passenger, you shouldn’t have been passing on the right - unless the driver is on of those dipsticks that insist in driving slower than prevailing speed in the right lane. Need more on this story. ;)
Yep he was driving and it was on his lap. Didn’t see blood but looked away pretty quickly once I realized what it was.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Yep he was driving and it was on his lap. Didn’t see blood but looked away pretty quickly once I realized what it was.
Good grief, what was he driving? Doesn’t sound real safe.
It’s June, I’m sure it was just a tanned hide on a form. No blood.

Since we’re talking about deer heads…story time.

About 25 some odd years ago I was working a claims desk at at large insurance company. This was before digital photography really took off in the industry. So we’d get picture of a car which were photomat physical copies or similar. Got a claim where a guy and his buddy were driving in the middle of nowhere and nailed a deer crossing the road. The deer broke through the windshield and hit the passenger. Separated shoulder but nothing too serious. So I get the pics of the car. Leading though them and they are labeled “drivers side front”, “windshield”, etc. until I get to one which says “deer head”. Somehow the deer, as it passed through the car” deposited its head in the back seat. Eyes still open staring at you.

Field guys had a wicked sense of humor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT