ADVERTISEMENT

WS thread

Lol must be fellow reds fan... he really could of scored... but who knows maybe they hold him at 3rd or a good throw gets him... ughh rizzo leadoff hit

Can someone explain why the runner isn't on 3rd after that hit? AL sux
What an absolute egg the Cubs laid tonight. Their fans waited 108 years for that kind of home performance? Kudos to Indian pitchers but that was ugly! I think the only way the Cubs win this series is Schwarbers bat has to be in the lineup somewhere. Ik he will suck in the field but his bat is too valuable.

If Kluber does a game 1 repeat, idk if the Cubbies recover.

CR5YB74VEAANwI7.jpg

Reactions: hurryin76hoosier
Yep, two more to go. Gotta win Tuesday.

I feel good with Schwarber back in the lineup and feel like Arrieta is due to be lights-out (he was good last start, but didn't have his best control).

Reactions: Shadesof Crimson
Yep, two more to go. Gotta win Tuesday.

I feel good with Schwarber back in the lineup and feel like Arrieta is due to be lights-out (he was good last start, but didn't have his best control).

At some point, they need to find some bats. Hitting has been pretty weak all post-season, other than a brief surge at end of Dodgers series.

At some point, they need to find some bats. Hitting has been pretty weak all post-season, other than a brief surge at end of Dodgers series.
If they come back to win this series, with the way the offense has been performing, it will be one of the all time grind it out performances. Offense has been brutal, but is seeing a lot of pitches.

Temporarily. Now you have to rely on him for the next 2 nights as well. Is Maddon gonna roll him out in the 7th again? Or 6th?

Lester's going to be available to come in as a reliever in the next couple games, so that helps.

Lester's going to be available to come in as a reliever in the next couple games, so that helps.
I would have to think that Lester probably won't be available until game 7. That said, Lackey will probably be available both 6 and 7.

I would have to think that Lester probably won't be available until game 7. That said, Lackey will probably be available both 6 and 7.

I cannot imagine putting Lester, with his 1st base yips, into a relief situation in a tight game.

I cannot imagine putting Lester, with his 1st base yips, into a relief situation in a tight game.
Not sure about that. Obviously Lester can't hold runners, but the team has built a system around that to compensate, with the snap throws from the catcher, etc. It's not perfect, but I will gladly deal with his issues holding runners for an inning or two of relief from our best pitcher in a game 7.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT