ADVERTISEMENT

Wow - Joe Scarborough is reading my mind and the minds of millions of other Americans

Along those lines, I appreciated this Andy Borowitz quote posted yesterday:

Lindsey Graham’s rejection of Trump tonight has all the integrity of a drug dealer flushing meth down the toilet.

Yesterday was like...I couldn't believe what I was watching. Almost like a movie. After it sunk in and I started reading quotes from former Secretary of Defense William Cohen, James Mattis, and other "serious" people of that ilk, the shock turned to anger and disgust that one revolting man can cause this much chaos.

You can't be the POTUS and uphold the Constitution while you're commanding people to attack Congress at the US Capital. Doesn't work that way.

I have come around to that view as well. Didn't think so yesterday. It needs to happen immediately.

Yesterday was like...I couldn't believe what I was watching. Almost like a movie. After it sunk in and I started reading quotes from former Secretary of Defense William Cohen, James Mattis, and other "serious" people of that ilk, the shock turned to anger and disgust that one revolting man can cause this much chaos.

You can't be the POTUS and uphold the Constitution while you're commanding people to attack Congress at the US Capital. Doesn't work that way.
Yesterday’s siege was a microcosm of Trump’s political career to now. They breached and climbed higher in the Capitol, got more daring, until a bullet took a life. Meanwhile the cops struggled to deal with it.

Trump started out daring to break norms, broke more and worse, till now he’s going off the rails. We, but especially Republicans, have become more and more used to his profane behavior, which perversely enabled it.

Trump is so far beyond normal one loses a measuring stick for quantifying his lunacy.

Last edited:
stoll wouldn't be in DC for that shit. He might be on the golf course, or prepping for tax season.

stoll can be an arse, but when he wants to be he can also be a good guy. He wouldn't be in DC with a mob . . .

. . . Mas, on the other hand, thinks that the mob works for him. *snicker*

I don’t support one thing that happened yesterday. I hope all those that attacked the police go away as long as allowed. I am fine whatever the hell they do to Trump. I don’t believe he intended for the riot to happen but won’t argue with those that think he did. It was wrong. I believe most all those in DC yesterday were there to peacefully protest. I know a decent minister that was there with his wife and four kids. I thought they were crazy for going but they didn’t go to riot.

I think that's what you also said about the Black Lives Matter protests. Kudos to your even handedness!

I don’t support one thing that happened yesterday. I hope all those that attacked the police go away as long as allowed. I am fine whatever the hell they do to Trump. I don’t believe he intended for the riot to happen but won’t argue with those that think he did. It was wrong. I believe most all those in DC yesterday were there to peacefully protest. I know a decent minister that was there with his wife and four kids. I thought they were crazy for going but they didn’t go to riot.

Did they get any pictures inside the Capitol?

Reactions: DrHoops
Yesterday’s siege was a microcosm of Trump’s political career to now. They breached and climbed higher in the Capitol, got more daring, until a bullet took a life. Meanwhile the cops struggled to deal with it.

Trump started out daring to break norms, broke more and worse, till now he’s going off the rails. We, but especially Republicans, have become more and more used to his profane behavior, which perversely enabled it.

Trump is so far beyond normal one loses a measuring stick for quantifying his lunacy.

4sys6a.jpg

Just like the BLM protests if was a small percentage that got the headlines.

The Tide Pod crew out west were quite different.

Unfortunately that's not me. No discounts on baked goods!

Mine jumps from 1 to 2 years older. Mostly 2.
Same here. I had a lot of fun when she first started getting those letters to join AARP. Then she informed me that having an AARP card would officially signify that she was too old for sex. I retreated in a hurry - she's a clever girl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT