ADVERTISEMENT

Do Americans Still Value “Honesty”?

Have you truly forgotten the HUGE Republican campaign to vote for Hillary in primaries, once it was a given Obama was going to win? I believe it was old Rush that started that trend, for that election.
No I haven’t & that’s exactly why it shouldn’t be allowed, now what about the Dems that do it?

You’re disingenuous & dishonest. This exchange is a perfect example. Is being a Dem & claiming to be a Republican honest or not. Ou say yes, but it is in fact, not, yes or no? Have I misrepresented your words or take?
You’re on a roll today with your namecalling. Tough day at work? Wrong side of bed?

No I haven’t & that’s exactly why it shouldn’t be allowed, now what about the Dems that do it?
I’d be fine with it not being allowed. But you getting all up in arms about it suddenly when it’s been going on for decades is amusing.

So answer the questions I asked, at least you can eliminate 1 count of disingenuous….
I already did. I said I'd characterize it as cynical more than dishonest. I don't like it. I was one of the ones here railing against it years ago when it happened. But that doesn't matter to you. You just want to play, "You're a Dem, you're a liberal, so GOTCHA!" because that's the best you can do.

I already did. I said I'd characterize it as cynical more than dishonest. I don't like it. I was one of the ones here railing against it years ago when it happened. But that doesn't matter to you. You just want to play, "You're a Dem, you're a liberal, so GOTCHA!" because that's the best you can do.
No, but I can play that easily because you are what I say you are. For example, here’s what you said:
That's not really dishonest, though. Just shitty and cynical.
Not really dishonest, what does that even mean? It either is or it isn’t. Again you’re either being dishonest or disingenuous, so I’ll leave it at that whether you’ll admit it or not…

“tell the truth or trump, but get the trick.”

I assume this is a typo, but not sure what you mean to type?

At any rate, back to your OP question...

This is just a sampling of folks polled by Fox News, so like most of the other polls it doesn't really predict how people will vote.

But you mentioned "honesty" and according to these particular respondents, it's the main positive attribute of Biden that Biden voters point to over Trump...

Just thought it was interesting that after I watched this I came back to the board and saw your thread...

I took it as a Euchre reference. Maybe Bridge.

No, but I can play that easily because you are what I say you are. For example, here’s what you said:

Not really dishonest, what does that even mean? It either is or it isn’t. Again you’re either being dishonest or disingenuous, so I’ll leave it at that whether you’ll admit it or not…
I already explained it. Twice. You disagree? Bully for you. Who cares?

I’d be fine with it not being allowed. But you getting all up in arms about it suddenly when it’s been going on for decades is amusing.
Good thing the civil rights movement didn’t apply your logic. 🤣

Same reason you do it.😎
Let’s see…..who started it in every single circumstance in this thread…let me look. Jet, Jet and Jet. Congratulations! It was you in all three cases.

I already explained it. Twice. You disagree? Bully for you. Who cares?
Amongst all of the accusations of lack of morality, ethics, etc. levied against anyone that will vote for Trump by your brothers & sisters, I do. You & yours are very bit as bad & you teed it right up for me, not that it isn’t known by most already.

Let’s see…..who started it in every single circumstance in this thread…let me look. Jet, Jet and Jet. Congratulations! It was you in all three cases.
“This thread”, lol. You truly are a dullard…

“This thread”, lol. You truly are a dullard…
You’ve got a stellar performance going today. A spectacle in name calling and missing the point. But continue…..by all means.

Amongst all of the accusations of lack of morality, ethics, etc. levied against anyone that will vote for Trump by your brothers & sisters, I do. You & yours are very bit as bad & you teed it right up for me, not that it isn’t known by most already.
LOL your people don't also vote strategically? Give me a break. It happens. I don't like it, but both sides do it.

Mark Twain said “tell the truth or trump, but get the trick.” I always assumed he was being sarcastic. Maybe I was wrong,

I would argue nowadays honesty matters “maybe in personal relationships” but that “honesty” is no longer relevant to Americans when conducting business or when voting for or evaluating elected officials, that TV and social media have made it OK to lie by eliminating the consequences that accompanied “lieing” in the past. Was Nixon was the last time it mattered for Presidents? Does George Santos mark any change in the pendulum swing in politics? Can I slug an opposing player and lie about why and just move on? Were things just as bad in the post-Civil War days/“Gilded Age” of Twain?
Nixon never told the truth.

You’ve got a stellar performance going today. A spectacle in name calling and missing the point. But continue…..by all means.
I will continue to take your treatment of other posters on the board as instruction on how you wish to be treated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT