ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! I thought this forum had disappeared!

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
What a pleasant surprise. I am not sure how I stumbled upon it this morning. Regardless, I am glad that it is back.

This board has been dead for a long time. The premium board is just as active as it was before and there has been a ton of content.

I will say the drop off from content hasn't been noticeably different. Considering the situation, I think they've done a great job.

I will say the drop off from content hasn't been noticeably different. Considering the situation, I think they've done a great job.
Writing about football isn't exactly rocket science.

Unlike hoops, there are just not enough fans invested in IU FB to maintain 15 active boards. Hope that changes.

I remember when this was Bruce Strom's site. The site was never like the basketball counterpart but it was great fun. I thought Peegs did a great job when he took over. I think he was let down by several of his moderators who literally chased people away who would not drink the Koo-Aid. I just took a look at the other free site and there was not a single comment about the game.

I remember when this was Bruce Strom's site. The site was never like the basketball counterpart but it was great fun. I thought Peegs did a great job when he took over. I think he was let down by several of his moderators who literally chased people away who would not drink the Koo-Aid. I just took a look at the other free site and there was not a single comment about the game.
Peegs couldn't care less about IU football. I talked to him one time at a Cam Cameron pre-season soiree and was asking him about football coverage. His exact words were "Oh yeah, I guess I should pay more attention to that (football)".

He put his buddies in as moderators and you are exactly right - they chased away anyone who didn't drink the kool-aid. In fairness, I know he took heat from the IU Athletic Department about people critical of the programs. I got a personal visit from Mark Deal, theoretically for the Varsity Club - but I know he wanted to see who it was that was posting about the football program.

So far, I like the change of administration here. They don't seem to try to be everyone's nanny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT