ADVERTISEMENT

World famous Dead Sea Scrolls at Museum of the Bible 'are fake'

sglowrider

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
Tiny Red Dot
The Dead Sea Scrolls are the oldest copies of Bible text ever found and range from 1,800 to more than 2,000 years old
6-things-you-may-not-know-about-the-dead-sea-scrollss-featured-photo.jpg

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-the-bible-washington-artefacts-a8596636.html

Five of the most valuable exhibits at the Museum of the Bible in Washington DChave been found to be fake. The artefacts, thought to be part of the historic Dead Sea Scrolls, will no longer be displayed.
Academics tested the fragments and found that the “show characteristics inconsistent with ancient origin and therefore will no longer be displayed at the museum,” the institution said.
The Dead Sea Scrolls are the oldest copies of Bible text ever found, and include passages of the Hebrew Bible, or Old Testament, that range from 1,800 to more than 2,000 years old.

It's a bad situation of people who want to believe being suckered by bad actors, most likely. The antiquities market is a bitch.

I don't know why they need to state the fact that its fake anyway. Religion is all about faith than science.
Just call it 'replicate' or 'simulation' of the Dead Sea Scrolls. It wouldn't make any difference to the religious folks.

For the more skeptical folks, it's a 'I told you so' moment. When they infuse science or logic into the whole matter, there would be lots and lots of gaps to explain.

The Dead Sea Scrolls are the oldest copies of Bible text ever found and range from 1,800 to more than 2,000 years old
6-things-you-may-not-know-about-the-dead-sea-scrollss-featured-photo.jpg

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-the-bible-washington-artefacts-a8596636.html

Is that a traveling or permanent exhibit? I saw the Dead Sea Scrolls when the exhibit traveled through Denver earlier in the year. I guess I wouldn't be surprised to learn they might be replicas. The best part of the exhibit was their history, their discovery, and most interesting to me all the knowledge and technology used to view, decipher, and preserve them. When they first began to read them, the archeologists were smoking cigarettes and using Scotch Tape to hold them together! We saw what were represented to be some of the actual scrolls, but that didn't hold my interest very much. It was all Greek to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT