ADVERTISEMENT

Woodson will return next season per Osterman

This will be just like many IU football fans went through this past year. Most wanted Allen gone last year because they saw the writing on the wall. Wasted a year floundering. The bright side is they found a good coach. Basketball is different though with the high expectations. Woodson is just not cut out to be a good college coach.

Has to try and get MM and MR to stay here another year, and find TWO shooters in the portal. We are in a lot of trouble if we lose one or both of the above, and don’t bring in any talent in the backcourt.
I suspect several players will transfer

I've followed IU basketball since 1969. I went to many,many games during that time, donated money to athletic fund. This is the 1st time that I have become numb to IU. I watched Woody play for IU, I watched Buckner play for IU. Never thought I'd see either destroy IU program. Yet here we are. And I thought IU reached a low point with Archie. Then Woody said hold my beer or cigar,whichever.

I've followed IU basketball since 1969. I went to many,many games during that time, donated money to athletic fund. This is the 1st time that I have become numb to IU. I watched Woody play for IU, I watched Buckner play for IU. Never thought I'd see either destroy IU program. Yet here we are.
Don’t look now but they’re leading Minnesota

IU is the complete opposite of a blueblood. I’ve never seen a program so willfully self sabotage. I don’t know how any thinking person could support it.

Giving Woodson another year just delays the inevitable for a year.

I've followed IU basketball since 1969. I went to many,many games during that time, donated money to athletic fund. This is the 1st time that I have become numb to IU. I watched Woody play for IU, I watched Buckner play for IU. Never thought I'd see either destroy IU program. Yet here we are. And I thought IU reached a low point with Archie. Then Woody said hold my beer or cigar,whichever.
Same.

IUBB dead for one more year at least. Great.
I'm still not sure there's not a bigger reason as to the why, that's assuming his return
Here's to hoping Osterman doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. If this administration really is this stupid, then burn it down

Makes sense, those guys are pretty old.
Yeah, but they'd probably spank this team to this day easily, that's what's sad

Has to try and get MM and MR to stay here another year, and find TWO shooters in the portal. We are in a lot of trouble if we lose one or both of the above, and don’t bring in any talent in the backcourt.
Yes, if Woody is coming back we and to retain MR and MM and I would keep Cupps. Cupps has had more experience than most freshman and hopefully will hit the weights.
Bank’s, Gunn, just never seemed to blossom. May have been our inability to coach them or maybe they just aren’t major college players.
I am very unexcited. Have no intention of giving money..

Saw that. Did anyone really think it would be any different?
No because it’s an ego thing. Buckner and the BoT don’t want to admit they missed again. This is why you don’t hire your friends, because when you know you should fire them you don’t. This team hasn’t improved during the season, they’re just winning against teams as bad as we are.

Yes, if Woody is coming back we and to retain MR and MM and I would keep Cupps. Cupps has had more experience than most freshman and hopefully will hit the weights.
Bank’s, Gunn, just never seemed to blossom. May have been our inability to coach them or maybe they just aren’t major college players.
I am very unexcited. Have no intention of giving money..
I agree with much of what you have to say but my expectation is that if Cupps is a starter next year it can only mean CMW really screwed the pooch on guards again. He is shooting 38% from the field and 67% from the line and averaging 1.2 apg. Muscle would cut down on being muscled on defense but jeez a nightmarish freshmen year statistically no matter how much we wish he would succeed.

Leal only played 60% of the minutes of Cupps but shot 56% from the field and averaged more assists. Not claiming Leal is an excellent player only pointing out that Cupps had a completely uninspiring freshman year statistically.

Does anyone know if his listed height of 6’2” is accurate. He looks smaller on Samsung.

He played on teams that had a lot of success in high school so this all must be far short of what he envisioned.

Last edited:
IU is the complete opposite of a blueblood. I’ve never seen a program so willfully self sabotage. I don’t know how any thinking person could support it.

Giving Woodson another year just delays the inevitable for a year.
Look at those BOT members. I bet 4-5 of them have no clue or care about what IU hoops used to be or means to this fan base. Been this way since Knight's final days. Such a sad situation. They dont deserve the fan base that supports them.

Look at those BOT members. I bet 4-5 of them have no clue or care about what IU hoops used to be or means to this fan base. Been this way since Knight's final days. Such a sad situation. They dont deserve the fan base that supports them.
You do realize that the Board of Trustees main function is the overall university and the academics not athletics. I don't vote on the BOT members that alums elect based on their knowledge of sports. It is a nice added benefit if they have some knowledge of athletics but really a small part of the mission of the university.

You do realize that the Board of Trustees main function is the overall university and the academics not athletics. I don't vote on the BOT members that alums elect based on their knowledge of sports. It is a nice added benefit if they have some knowledge of athletics but really a small part of the mission of the university.
Made it easier for QB to claim special unimpeachable expertise for basketball.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Sparks is shooting 41.7% from the line on 36 attempts. Only player I remember that Shaq would be a guru for free throws.

This will be just like many IU football fans went through this past year. Most wanted Allen gone last year because they saw the writing on the wall. Wasted a year floundering. The bright side is they found a good coach. Basketball is different though with the high expectations. Woodson is just not cut out to be a good college coach.
Good analogy: to me the most important thing was finding the right guy. We've shown for 20 odd years that it's not easy to find them. That's the reason I thought this was the year because there are going to be so many high level hires: OSU, UM, WVU, UL just to start and so the guys that fill those positions can no longer be our guy. Gonna really hurt to see, say Beard, May or Pearl go to Lville and get to a F4 in the next few years. Especially if we flounder for another year, which is what I fear. Really, really gonna suck if what TrillyD said about mass player exodus comes to pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tammany Hall
Good analogy: to me the most important thing was finding the right guy. We've shown for 20 odd years that it's not easy to find them. That's the reason I thought this was the year because there are going to be so many high level hires: OSU, UM, UL just to start and so the guys that fill those positions can no longer be our guy. Gonna really hurt to see, say Beard, May or Pearl go to Lville and get to a F4 in the next few years. Especially if we flounder for another year, which is what I fear. Really, really gonna suck if what TrillyD said about mass player exodus comes to pass.
On the exodus and it’s just my dumb opinion: I doubt it. The season will end and emotions will calm down. The change narrative will start with McNeely and whoever we get in the portal. We are going to back up the NIL truck probably more than any other school would, and they’ll take all those hundreds of thousands of $ sitting there and stay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT