ADVERTISEMENT

Woodson will return next season per Osterman

I’ve often stated Woody will get a 4th season. I’ll just watch what happens from a distance. I hope things change and he looks like a capable college coach- but I imagine unless we really up the NIL game Quinn Buckner just wants no viable candidate to threaten his golf buddy. Quinn your name is now right next to Fred Glass’ as those most responsible for making IU basketball just another program. My donations dry up until Buckner and Woody are gone.
I see three possibilities for next season

1. Woodson performs a miracle and lands enough talent from recruiting trail/portal to overcome his lack of coaching acumen
2. He does somehow magically transform himself into a capable college coach
3. Neither 1 or 2 happen and we continue to flounder

guess what I'm betting on

Not what I was hoping for. But it isn’t in me to root against the team. I’m hoping that there was enough noise to wake Woodson up. Make changes to the staff. Work harder. Recruit harder. More accountability about what has gone wrong and fix it. And hopefully some of that comes from the season end review with his boss where it is made clear that the current state is far below expectations.
And who knows, maybe Dolson is playing chess. Leak the Pearl stuff, let it boil for a couple of days, then follow up with an anonymous statement from the IU Athletic Dept that Woodson is staying. That is far from a statement of support from Dolson. Maybe he is trying to light a fire.

1. Woodson performs a miracle and lands enough talent from recruiting trail/portal to overcome his lack of coaching acumen

MM and MR will be retained by Cook NIL $. Gonna get a 10-12 seed next year. Whoopee.

Has to try and get MM and MR to stay here another year, and find TWO shooters in the portal. We are in a lot of trouble if we lose one or both of the above, and don’t bring in any talent in the backcourt.
I hope the entire team leaves and not a single player commits from the portal. Is there a rule that states you have to field a varsity basketball team?

Going by history, we’ll have a little better season but nothing special. It’ll be just enough for a year 5.

I just cancelled my subscription to this board. I’ll be back when we again have hope. I want to completely divest emotionally and intellectually now- let Willdog7 have this board to himself. He got his way, and thinking sentient IU fans are left wasting another year. Tonight’s game with Minnesota should show what the players truly think about Woody.

I hope the entire team leaves and not a single player commits from the portal. Is there a rule that states you have to field a varsity basketball team?
We'll see how much the players like being coached by Woody starting in a few weeks.

Reactions: Vern Pain
I just cancelled my subscription to this board. I’ll be back when we again have hope. I want to completely divest emotionally and intellectually now- let Willdog7 have this board to himself. He got his way, and thinking sentient IU fans are left wasting another year. Tonight’s game with Minnesota should show what the players truly think about Woody.
I guess we will see you in the spring of 25

Maybe this is their way of letting him announce his own retirement
I think he is going to collect as many $4.2M paychecks as he can. That’s about 4x what he made on the Knicks as an assistant. No one else would hire him or pay him close to what he gets at IU. Last chance to stack up $ (probably managed by Quinn’s firm) before retirement.

Has to try and get MM and MR to stay here another year, and find TWO shooters in the portal. We are in a lot of trouble if we lose one or both of the above, and don’t bring in any talent in the backcourt.
Woody could have Hakeem Olajuwon, Magic and Jordan and likely turn out a losing year. Makes zero difference who stays or goes. The coaching is awful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT