ADVERTISEMENT

Women's BIG tournament

So.... is Vegas taking odds on how many times Caitlin "FLOPPER" Clark flops on her drives to the basket today.

Under the POY records Category.... is Flopping listed?

Now.... I have to admit... she can hit those 25-30 foot shots from deep. So I will give her that.

She is a great player but she is also one of those players that give you multiple reasons to dislike her like flopping and whining!!

Reactions: Tscurlo
My gosh.... OSU girls hacking and hacking and hacking us.... then whining on every call against them.

Geezzzzzz

Reactions: fronk71
Do head coaches not have an idea how to break a press. You never throw it into the corners where you can be trapped. Unbelievable.

Reactions: iu2win
I have proof positive that the women's team has been fraternizing with the men.
  • While trying to close out the game, our 2 high-IQ players, Berger and Garzon fouled 3-point shooters on consecutive plays for a 6-point swing.
  • Berger threw at least 2 long passes over the end line At least she missed the top of the backboard.
  • Berger dribbled out the end of the 2nd quarter without coming near getting a shot off.
  • First half point total for Berger, Parish, Garzon: 3
Watching the women today involved all the high blood pressure, anxiety, anger and shouting at the TV as watching the men against Iowa. I'm going to becomea fan of croquet. And I'll probably be back tomorrow for more of the same.
Add blowing 20+ point lead.

Reactions: IUgradman
I’ve only seen the second half, but the officiating looks like the league wants other teams besides IU to get better seedings. Football “D” for OSU.

Reactions: bwcoach
IU went cold. I’m pretty sure the B1G tournament doesn’t help or hurt seeding unless a team comes out of nowhere to win it.

I’ve only seen the second half, but the officiating looks like the league wants other teams besides IU to get better seedings. Football “D” for OSU.
exactly.... not sure they'll let OSU get away with all the hacking and chopping and stuff they did, in the Big Dance.

Holmes fouled on the inbounds by the OSU girl with the colored hair.

On the flip side.... totally agree with everyone else...getting the ball inbounds was the nail in the coffin.

Will def have to work on that before the Big Dance.... but is it to late in the season to do that?

I believe both the IU men’s and women’s basketball teams are now on the wrong side of the largest comeback win records.

They were mugged so badly in the 4th, I cant believe Moren wasnt losing her mind.

We’ve lost 3 games all year-2 of which were in spectacular fashion. Let’s hope we pull it together for a deep run.
If the situation with Holmes is something that rest will help, losing yesterday is the best thing that could happen for IU. She was obviously playing on one leg, and IU can't make a NCAAT run without a healthy Holmes. I just hope it isn't a structural thing that won't get better quickly.

Still, the women should have won going away yesterday. Lots of terrible decisions by multiple players in the second half - both against the press and in the half-court after breaking the press. They let OSU speed them up and bait them into taking quick threes and contested layups when they should have been resetting after the press break and forcing the buckeyes to play half-court defense (which is what they did in the stretch at the end of the 3rd quarter when they bumped the lead back up to ten).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT