ADVERTISEMENT

Women's BIG tournament

Not a hill at all. Having to modify the women's team is unnecesary, misogynistic and plain dumb.
We’re talking about an incredibly successful team. The best WOMEN’s team in the history of IUBB. In general the IUWBB team has been an afterthought for decades. For 99% of the human population IUBB IS the men’s team. So calling them ladies seems like a reasonable manner of identifying them. To turn this thread about the game of basketball into another political pissing match is a shame and you should be ashamed of yourself

We’re talking about an incredibly successful team. The best WOMEN’s team in the history of IUBB. In general the IUWBB team has been an afterthought for decades. For 99% of the human population IUBB IS the men’s team. So calling them ladies seems like a reasonable manner of identifying them. To turn this thread about the game of basketball into another political pissing match is a shame and you should be ashamed of yourself

I should be ashamed of myself for pointing out that our incredible Women's team/program is not officially referred to as the "Lady Hoosiers"? More importantly, if we both agree that they are a great, stand alone program, why do they have to be referred to as the "Lady Hoosiers" while the Men's team/program is referred to as the "Hoosiers"? Shouldn't they all be referred to as "Hoosiers"?

There is no need to modify the Women's team's name.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
I should be ashamed of myself for pointing out that our incredible Women's team/program is not officially referred to as the "Lady Hoosiers"? More importantly, if we both agree that they are a great, stand alone program, why do they have to be referred to as the "Lady Hoosiers" while the Men's team/program is referred to as the "Hoosiers"? Shouldn't they all be referred to as "Hoosiers"?

There is no need to modify the Women's team's name.
It isn't modified, that has always been the name of the women's team. Having fun or are you really just this dumb?

Reactions: Al Bino
My gosh.... let's just call the women's tourney FLOP CITY!!!!!

OSU vs UM...... on right now.... two plays back to back... opposite teams...
Defenders are moving into position to take a charge and not even there....
as soon as there is contact.... they fall.

We need to get back to old school on the charging calls.

Both feet have to be firmly planted on the ground before any contact!!!!
Can't be leaning into the offensive player trying to draw the charge.

This garbage that they are letting happen right now is just ridiculous!!!!!

What is actually going to happen is players are going to get hurt.

I have proof positive that the women's team has been fraternizing with the men.
  • While trying to close out the game, our 2 high-IQ players, Berger and Garzon fouled 3-point shooters on consecutive plays for a 6-point swing.
  • Berger threw at least 2 long passes over the end line At least she missed the top of the backboard.
  • Berger dribbled out the end of the 2nd quarter without coming near getting a shot off.
  • First half point total for Berger, Parish, Garzon: 3
Watching the women today involved all the high blood pressure, anxiety, anger and shouting at the TV as watching the men against Iowa. I'm going to becomea fan of croquet. And I'll probably be back tomorrow for more of the same.

• Haha
Reactions: dr.jb and ams66
Not if you need to identify which IU basketball team you referring to.

Right. So most people would say "the women's team". Unless IU official names Woodson's team "the Gentlemen Hoosiers" and Moren's team the "Lady Hoosiers", it seems odd to refer to either team that way.

You may call this a political point, but I never did. You completely miss the point of the post.

Right. So most people would say "the women's team". Unless IU official names Woodson's team "the Gentlemen Hoosiers" and Moren's team the "Lady Hoosiers", it seems odd to refer to either team that way.
So “women” is acceptable but “ladies” not. Dear lord

It isn't modified, that has always been the name of the women's team. Having fun or are you really just this dumb?

No, it is not. Please show mean where IU every officially named the team as the "Lady Hoosiers"? I recall Louisiana Tech referred their team as the "Lady Technsters". That is an embarrassing name, but at least that is the official one, so despite being an insipid name, it's correct to refer to them by that name.

So “women” is acceptable but “ladies” not. Dear lord

Reading comprehension fails you. I was referring to anyone calling the women's team the "Lady Hoosiers". My post had nothing to do with having an issue between "Ladies" and "Women".

Shame to see the injury to Kiandra Brown. She has not had good luck injury-wise.
Yes.
Why did they not have a stretcher? No Ortho doc? They have a med school there. They should have one of the senior Ortho residents in attendance.

Great 2nd half, 25 pts 3rd qt, 35 pts 4th qt. The call on Yarden on the 3pt shot that was her 5th foul was total bs . Shooter stuck her leg out & Yarden didn't even touch A lot of bad calls The elbow to Moore- McNeill nose was a cheap shot, should have been called flagrant imo. They kept fouling her at the end of the game & she made them pay for. Hoosiers were pretty sloppy, especially the first half, but give MSU credit, they played tough defense.

Reading comprehension fails you. I was referring to anyone calling the women's team the "Lady Hoosiers". My post had nothing to do with having an issue between "Ladies" and "Women".
No, it is not. Please show mean where IU every officially named the team as the "Lady Hoosiers"? I recall Louisiana Tech referred their team as the "Lady Technsters". That is an embarrassing name, but at least that is the official one, so despite being an insipid name, it's correct to refer to them by that name.
Apparently writing comprehension fails you as well.

Another person for DCGeneral to attack
I hadn’t read all this thread before I posted. DCGeneral against the world isn’t very compelling.

Congrats to the Lady Hoosiers! I wish the men’s team was as fundamentally sound and the ladies are tremendous shooters too.

Not a hill at all. Having to modify the women's team is unnecesary, misogynistic and plain dumb.

So YES, it is the hill you chose to die on.
misogynistic - there you go - when questioned you must be among the ones to throw out sexism, racism, homophobic, etc. etc.
Wikipedia defines it as "Misogyny (/mɪˈsɒdʒɪni/) is hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women."
How does calling the women's team "Ladies" fit that description in any way shape or form?
Let me quess, because ladies is used as a descriptor?
Oh, the horror that we would call a group of wonderful female Bball players - Ladies!

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
We really threw away passes. I thought a focus mental attention issue.
That double bye can be both a blessing and a curse. I think it really helps you if the winner of the first round game also wins the second. That means you're catching a team playing its third game in 3 days. But if you get the team that won after having a first round bye, they are settled in while you have to get over the jitters and maybe being too amped.

On the other hand, if you survive that first game, the double bye means fresher legs for the semifinals and finals ( if you get there). It's a long-run benefit for sure, but it can be risky in the short run.

Womens and Mens is what IU calls them. Ladies is a bit archaic but hardly misogynistic.
It is not misogynistic..... if you call the men's team the gentleme's team. Otherwise it is misogynistic.

Has anyone heard an update on the lady that got hip checked by the big MSU girl?

The roving commentator spoke in the third quarter and said she would not return to the game.

She mentioned that it was said, that the girl has had two prior hip surgeries on her right hip, which is the side that she got hit on.

It almost looked like a hip pointer injury that football players get.

I really feel bad for her. She doesn’t play much… but by golly shes one of them that you see standing up on the sideline during the game and encouraging her teammates.

Shame to see the injury to Kiandra Brown. She has not had good luck injury-wise.
Agreed…. I just got done posting this.

The roving announcer said that she was told, that Brown has had two surgeries to her right hip in the past. So it looks like it could possibly be a re-injury.

But haven’t heard anymore sonce the game earlier.

So.... is Vegas taking odds on how many times Caitlin "FLOPPER" Clark flops on her drives to the basket today.

Under the POY records Category.... is Flopping listed?

Now.... I have to admit... she can hit those 25-30 foot shots from deep. So I will give her that.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT