ADVERTISEMENT

With as cold as it is outside for this Minnesota game

i can't wait for the offseason investigation regarding deflated footballs. It is balls cold which has to really decrease the psi well below acceptable levels, right?
The Cardinals hacking scandal is the much better scandal. It explains so much about that franchises success. Too bad it's not getting a lot more attention. But it's not the NFL.

The Cardinals hacking scandal is the much better scandal. It explains so much about that franchises success. Too bad it's not getting a lot more attention. But it's not the NFL.

Please tell me how hacking a shitty franchise's database in 2012 and 2014 is responsible for the ten World Series titles that came before it.

Cubs fans suck giant dicks.

"Hacking" is a really strong word. Dude went to a new job and didn't change his password. Really too stupid of a scandal to be that juicy.

"Hacking" is a really strong word. Dude went to a new job and didn't change his password. Really too stupid of a scandal to be that juicy.

Precisely. Jeff Lunhow allegedly stole intellectual property belonging to the Cardinals. The part of the story I am most interested in why those involved felt the need to try and embarrass or ruin Lunhow's career by leaking sensitive Astro's documents to the press. Just stupid. The guy the Cards fired for just promoted to director of scouting, and was the GM in waiting. Way to toss away a 7 figure career.

Incorrect. Thus is much bigger in scope than what was initially reported. The Astros knew of the breach, reported it, and got hacked again DURING the draft after security had been changed. The failure to change passwords may have happened at first but it was corrected if so.

The Cardinals didn't just get info from another shitty team, either. They also got inside information on other teams' insight on trades and valuations of players, and never mind that the Astros have had a top farm system for a while now and were a playoff teams last year. Combine that with the Cardinals' success coming largely from the draft and buying low on underperforming veterans and this could have easily been an edge that kept them on top.

It also defies common sense that this guy was the only one involved. It sure doesn't sound like a lone wolf situation to me.

Incorrect. Thus is much bigger in scope than what was initially reported. The Astros knew of the breach, reported it, and got hacked again DURING the draft after security had been changed. The failure to change passwords may have happened at first but it was corrected if so.

The Cardinals didn't just get info from another shitty team, either. They also got inside information on other teams' insight on trades and valuations of players, and never mind that the Astros have had a top farm system for a while now and were a playoff teams last year. Combine that with the Cardinals' success coming largely from the draft and buying low on underperforming veterans and this could have easily been an edge that kept them on top.

It also defies common sense that this guy was the only one involved. It sure doesn't sound like a lone wolf situation to me.

But you said it was the reason for their success. The Cards have been successful for a long, long time. Since Dewitt became owner in 1995, they have made the playoffs 14 times and won two titles. You are overstating what the Cards gained from this. Lunhow worked for the Cards for years before going to the Astros, so I am pretty sure they were familiar with his thought processes. Was there something Correa gleaned from the Astros? Who knows, but don't act like they got a great draft because of what he hacked, because you cannot prove that statement. They didn't target the same free agents either.

This case is nothing like Deflategate, in which you had an entire league and its owners going after the Pats in attempt punish them again for past crimes. Deflategate will be the thing everyone points to when the NFL and it commissioner lost their credibility.

This hacking scandal will be interesting, how Manfred responds and how the punishment is doled out. So far I think the Cards have fired a handful of people, but not sure their GM was involved. As a Cubs fan, you better hope he wasn't involved, because he had made some pretty bad decisions lately.

Not to change the topic away from Ptown's pathological and undying hatred for the Cards, but Bud Grant walking out in the sleeveless shirt was totally badassery.

I appreciate the Seahawks, but I have a hard time rooting for them to win unless they are playing New England.

But you said it was the reason for their success. The Cards have been successful for a long, long time. Since Dewitt became owner in 1995, they have made the playoffs 14 times and won two titles. You are overstating what the Cards gained from this. Lunhow worked for the Cards for years before going to the Astros, so I am pretty sure they were familiar with his thought processes. Was there something Correa gleaned from the Astros? Who knows, but don't act like they got a great draft because of what he hacked, because you cannot prove that statement. They didn't target the same free agents either.

This case is nothing like Deflategate, in which you had an entire league and its owners going after the Pats in attempt punish them again for past crimes. Deflategate will be the thing everyone points to when the NFL and it commissioner lost their credibility.

This hacking scandal will be interesting, how Manfred responds and how the punishment is doled out. So far I think the Cards have fired a handful of people, but not sure their GM was involved. As a Cubs fan, you better hope he wasn't involved, because he had made some pretty bad decisions lately.
Nah, I never said this scandal was the reason for all of their success. Couldn't have given them an edge recently though? Yes, of course. And yes, it is one more reason to strongly dislike the Cardinals.

Nah, I never said this scandal was the reason for all of their success. Couldn't have given them an edge recently though? Yes, of course. And yes, it is one more reason to strongly dislike the Cardinals.

You are like a Purdue fan with this stuff.

Well, at least you have the Cubs season to look forward to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT