Gonzaga
Michigan State
Virginia
Indiana

Tier 3
Arizona
UCLA
Baylor
You have a huge whiff in the list that you have compiled. And another team that is on your list that shouldn't be there. I'll give you a hint on the latter: they play half their games in Bloomington Indiana.

But I have confidence that Mike Woodson can return Indiana to the top echelon of college basketball. One has to be about 45 years old to remember when the Hoosiers hung their last banner.

Last edited:
I got no takers on what I was calling the big whiff. And that big whiff is UConn. Since 1990 UConn has gone to 16. Also 10 elite eights, five final four.. And then there is that matter of four national championships.

I would go the other way and say that what a team did more than 30 years ago shouldn't count when determining which are the Blue Blood programs.

I got no takers on what I was calling the big whiff. And that big whiff is UConn. Since 1990 UConn has gone to 16. Also 10 elite eights, five final four.. And then there is that matter of four national championships.

I would go the other way and say that what a team did more than 30 years ago shouldn't count when determining which are the Blue Blood programs.
UCONN has had the “quietest” 4 nattys for whatever reason

How do you define "blue blood"?

Reactions: Sope Creek
Just for fun I looked up the origin of “blue blood” — a term I hear now and again that sounds kinda weird at face value — and as it turns out, it comes from Spanish royalty taking pride in racial purity / not mixing with Jews and Muslims and pointing at their blue veins as evidence. Yeesh.

Better cancel the term!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT