ADVERTISEMENT

Will Professor Lichtman be correct again in 2024?

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
As he makes clear in this video, Prof Lichtman is not yet ready to make a prediciton between Trump/Biden. I know he's been mentioned once or twice and people may have a general idea how he uses his keys to predict Preesidential elections. But this video session goes into great detail about how his keys came to be and exactly what he evaluates...

This video is a little long, and won't be for everyone. I personally found it extemely enlightening. And spolier alert I didn't know the other guy was his son until at least half way thru. But because of that relationship the video has a lot more personal insight and imho he opens up a lot more than with other hosts I have seen him appear with. I also liked the color code chart that they use to illustrate exactly where each of the 13 keys stands presently...

It doesn't seem like any personal bias or preference enters in. Just an objective application he's used every election since Reagan's re-election in '84 and how he measures each key.

Reactions: Bowlmania
As he makes clear in this video, Prof Lichtman is not yet ready to make a prediciton between Trump/Biden. I know he's been mentioned once or twice and people may have a general idea how he uses his keys to predict Preesidential elections. But this video session goes into great detail about how his keys came to be and exactly what he evaluates...

This video is a little long, and won't be for everyone. I personally found it extemely enlightening. And spolier alert I didn't know the other guy was his son until at least half way thru. But because of that relationship the video has a lot more personal insight and imho he opens up a lot more than with other hosts I have seen him appear with. I also liked the color code chart that they use to illustrate exactly where each of the 13 keys stands presently...

It doesn't seem like any personal bias or preference enters in. Just an objective application he's used every election since Reagan's re-election in '84 and how he measures each key.

Forget the polls and the pundits. This guy is the man. He's been wrong only once in 40 years and, even then (Gore/Bush), he wasn't really wrong.

I didn't watch the entire video but my impression is that, while he's not quite ready to make his official prediction, things are looking good for the incumbent.

Forget the polls and the pundits. This guy is the man. He's been wrong only once in 40 years and, even then (Gore/Bush), he wasn't really wrong.

I didn't watch the entire video but my impression is that, while he's not quite ready to make his official prediction, things are looking good for the incumbent.
in your eyes obviously they would be and i hope you remain arrogant. That will make it even sweeter when biden losses.

Allan Lichtman has an amazing prediction record using his 13 key responses by voters as to whether an incumbent will be reelected.

Are Lichtman's method and ability to quantify qualitative data pure genius, or has he just been lucky?

Put me down on the side of just been lucky.

Reactions: jet812

I don’t think Lichtman’s keys account for a circumstance where perhaps a majority of voters believes an incumbent president suffers from senile dementia

Reactions: IUCrazy2

his model had never had a person who had already been president. I guess its possible he is proven right but biden is tanking hard right now and the court cases are basically done. There isnt much biden can do anymore to turn it around honestly.

his model had never had a person who had already been president. I guess its possible he is proven right but biden is tanking hard right now and the court cases are basically done. There isnt much biden can do anymore to turn it around honestly.
Of course his model has had candidates who were previously POTUS, since it goes back to 1860. Teddy Roosevelt and Grover Cleveland are both post 1860. You do know your US History, Right?

Maybe you're confused on the concept of "model"? He developed the model based on the 13 keys which he discovered were common to every post 1860 POTUS election. The model was developed in conjunction with a Russian Scientist who was world renowned for being able to predicr earthquakes. Lichtman's personal predictions starting with Reagan in 1984 are based on the model they developed...

Lichtman picked Harris to win the presidency.

This video cuts to the chase, but the one he released thru the NYT does a better job of explaining who he is, and how the keys function. I'll link it in case anyone might be interested...

He's been wrong before. It's rare but he has been. I'll be voting for Harris but laying money on Trump.
BECAUSE HE’S THE GOAT!!!!!! Surprised you’d put money on trump. For me I think that mod Dems think Harris is a woke empty suit but will still pull the trigger for her. Conversely there are a ton of anti trump conservatives who won’t do the same. Winner? Harris. Book it. More interesting to track. Look at Stl City’s odds to make the mls playoffs. They are in second to last place in the league. But guess what. I’m putting money down on them. It’s going to be my Leicester City moment.

McMurtry
Lichtman

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
BECAUSE HE’S THE GOAT!!!!!! Surprised you’d put money on trump. For me I think that mod Dems think Harris is a woke empty suit but will still pull the trigger for her. Conversely there are a ton of anti trump conservatives who won’t do the same. Winner? Harris. Book it. More interesting to track. Look at Stl City’s odds to make the mls playoffs. They are in second to last place in the league. But guess what. I’m putting money down on them. It’s going to be my Leicester City moment.

McMurtry
Lichtman
Yeah nevermind. Trump is -115 and Harris is -105. If Trump gets back into + money then I will hammer that shit. It's like IU football. I want them to win but...

As for the Red Asses and their geriatric pitching staff, good luck with that. Need to get past the fearsome sCubs first. 😂. My Dodgers are set to win the division again only to blow it in the first round of the playoffs. So I got that going for me.

Yeah nevermind. Trump is -115 and Harris is -105. If Trump gets back into + money then I will hammer that shit. It's like IU football. I want them to win but...

As for the Red Asses and their geriatric pitching staff, good luck with that. Need to get past the fearsome sCubs first. 😂. My Dodgers are set to win the division again only to blow it in the first round of the playoffs. So I got that going for me.
i was talking about our soccer team god damnit. how many gummies have you had today?

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978

McMurtry
Lichtman
It comes down to whom you disillusion. A "woke empty suit" is unattractive to many moderates and conservatives. But Trump is unattractive to many moderates and conservatives and liberals. He just has fewer potential voters than Harris does, and therefore a smaller margin of error.

It comes down to whom you disillusion. A "woke empty suit" is unattractive to many moderates and conservatives. But Trump is unattractive to many moderates and conservatives and liberals. He just has fewer potential voters than Harris does, and therefore a smaller margin of error.
Yup

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT