ADVERTISEMENT

Why it's not all Lagow's fault

amshepar

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2014
The guy still threw for 60%. And nearly 500 yards and 3 TDs. 2 interceptions were in his receivers hands. 1 interception was caused by him getting crushed at the line. 2 of his were bad and one caused a TD. But he still put IU in a position to win. There is clearly a learning curve right now but through 3 games the overall body of work is way more impressive than what we saw from any other QB on the roster.

Playing with two starters on the O line out was more detrimental than I think many of us thought. I personally thought they would have still held their own but the O line did not. Not being able to run and not holding pass protection hurt our time of possession. We should have been able to wear out their defense.

Then there was a holding call in the 4th that eliminated a 1st down and caused 4th and 11. Westbrook should have done a better job against the defender. It was a good throw. He is clearly the best receiver right now though. But I would like to see him be more physical.

The IU defense caused 0 turnovers today. That is inexcusable. That is now 6 straight quarters without a turnover. The IU starting field position was awful because of this. Statistically, most football games are often determined by starting field position. Something so basic. But without a defensive contribution there is a strain on the offense to have to produce more yards.

Why the special teams has been atrocious is beyond me. There have been enough special teams blunders for an entire season in three games. The special teams coach won't make it to the end of the season if this keeps up.

I do worry we don't make a bowl this year. Unfortunately, we seem to be going into very high leverage situation games again this year, like last year, and we are not able to finish games out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News