ADVERTISEMENT

Whoa Saaaaaalty

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004

Some serious bitter amongst them goat ropers.

They say so much dumb stuff. I can’t bring myself to read it. When they start attacking our QB about his injuries I can’t take them seriously.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
You mean *our* free hoops forum? Because I think it’s grand over there.
Remember when they said glad we didn't get Furst and then Kaufman had the higher ceiling...then Kaufman is overrated. Confused fan base....😉

Remember when they said glad we didn't get Furst and then Kaufman had the higher ceiling...then Kaufman is overrated. Confused fan base....😉
So dumb and confused. Still haven’t figured out this is the FOOTBALL board. Who is they?

hahaha That board posts the most ridiculous things. "Who did IU beat last year".....PSU, MI, Maryland, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Nebraska.................."Ok, but who did they beat that was good?" It's basically saying if IU were to go undefeated, that everyone in the B1G was just bad. Its the weakest argument in the book. To that, if PU couldn't beat those bad teams, what does that make them?

And preconference SOS. I hope IU plays the worst of the worst teams out of conference every single year. Even doing so our SOS would still be considerably tougher than PU due to the East division opponents vs.......anyone in the West. Until they realign the divisions, we will always have a tougher schedule than PU unless they opened with Alabama and Clemson.

It goes both ways though. So hard to act like it's a one sided thing. Which actually makes that whole argument kind of hilarious.
I am admittedly biased. Still, it’s always felt like one side has a much deeper obsession and visceral hate than the other. Purdue students get indoctrinated with IU = bad from the start of orientation week. IU orientation week no one talks about Purdue at all. Because why would they?

I am admittedly biased. Still, it’s always felt like one side has a much deeper obsession and visceral hate than the other. Purdue students get indoctrinated with IU = bad from the start of orientation week. IU orientation week no one talks about Purdue at all. Because why would they?
I never actually heard about iu at orientation. Most Purdue fans hate the iu sucks stuff. There isn't an organized chant with the band anymore, which was long overdue. It is random people and bound to die out. Most of what I see is on social media anymore. And it goes both ways. I find it funny. Lol

Reactions: vesuvius13
It goes both ways though. So hard to act like it's a one sided thing. Which actually makes that whole argument kind of hilarious.
I follow Purdue and root against the football team vs everyone but ND and OSU. But it's more for family bragging rights. My wife and I are IU grads, but her brother is a Purdue grad.

He was there during the Brees era, so my mother-in-law is a big Brees fan. She likes to bust my chops and root hard for PU during the bucket game.

Plus, I am a rare IU grad that's a farmer, on the Indiana/Ohio state line. I regularly deal with PU and OSU fans.

I follow Purdue and root against the football team vs everyone but ND and OSU. But it's more for family bragging rights. My wife and I are IU grads, but her brother is a Purdue grad.

He was there during the Brees era, so my mother-in-law is a big Brees fan. She likes to bust my chops and root hard for PU during the bucket game.

Plus, I am a rare IU grad that's a farmer, on the Indiana/Ohio state line. I regularly deal with PU and OSU fans.
I bet the Brees era was fun to attend! I'm a bit to young for that unfortunately. I think I dislike UM fans more than OSU fans tbh.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I never actually heard about iu at orientation. Most Purdue fans hate the iu sucks stuff. There isn't an organized chant with the band anymore, which was long overdue. It is random people and bound to die out. Most of what I see is on social media anymore. And it goes both ways. I find it funny. Lol
Gonna have to agree to disagree about how even it is. There are obviously plenty of chill Purdue fans who don’t treat the rivalry as life and death. There are some, however, like every soul on Gold and Black, who act as though Bob Knight personally ran over each and every one of their dogs and laughed while doing it. It’s sports. It isn’t that deep. Those pathetic, obsessed SOBs need to drink a beer and smoke some ganj.

Many here know that I sent one of my kids to PU. The Orientation at that time was called boiler gold rush and the stories the kids told at that next summer included lots of IU stuff in the skits the leaders did etc. I went to the cactus a couple of times with the kids and the piano guy was all about IU, it got the crowd amped up.

Most IU fans love the IU Sux chants and hope they never stop...it defines the rivalry perfectly in one snapshot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT