ADVERTISEMENT

Who will win it all?

Wall2Boogie

Sophomore
Jan 28, 2010
Not a troll thread I promise, but I thought you guys might be interested in this article

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...inal-four-national-champion-2018-19-sleepers/

Sleeper to watch
Indiana: The perfect sleeper team. It's normally hard to say any blueblood qualifies for sleeper material, but Indiana does this season because it's not ranked in the preseason AP Poll. I'm trying to pin down a group that has an actual shot at winning the whole thing but who's not considered all that close to Final Four material. Few, if any, teams fit that request like the Hoosiers. First, you need the coach. Archie Miller, one of the most aggressive and tactical young minds in college basketball, applies. Then you need a player capable of carrying you in March. Well, Juwan Morgan and his 16.5 points, 7.4 rebounds and 58-percent shooting from last season fits the mold. Finally, a second star capable of being the guy if the other guy isn't always the guy. Welcome Romeo Langford, who could be a top-three freshman in college basketball this season. Indiana's more than just that, but the core there -- with some upgrades on defense and an improved season from Devonte Green -- can give the Hoosiers a shot. -- Matt Norlander (also selcted by Gary Parrish)

Not a troll thread I promise, but I thought you guys might be interested in this article

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...inal-four-national-champion-2018-19-sleepers/

Sleeper to watch
Indiana: The perfect sleeper team. It's normally hard to say any blueblood qualifies for sleeper material, but Indiana does this season because it's not ranked in the preseason AP Poll. I'm trying to pin down a group that has an actual shot at winning the whole thing but who's not considered all that close to Final Four material. Few, if any, teams fit that request like the Hoosiers. First, you need the coach. Archie Miller, one of the most aggressive and tactical young minds in college basketball, applies. Then you need a player capable of carrying you in March. Well, Juwan Morgan and his 16.5 points, 7.4 rebounds and 58-percent shooting from last season fits the mold. Finally, a second star capable of being the guy if the other guy isn't always the guy. Welcome Romeo Langford, who could be a top-three freshman in college basketball this season. Indiana's more than just that, but the core there -- with some upgrades on defense and an improved season from Devonte Green -- can give the Hoosiers a shot. -- Matt Norlander (also selcted by Gary Parrish)

Thanks for the link.

I know you guys don’t care about the rest of it but I thought you would like to see you’re getting national attention and not being over looked
Honestly, everyone can overlook us. Early preseason ratings don’t mean squat.

Unless I’ve totally misjudged our team, we’ll get plenty enough recognition by early January. But thanks for the link. Too bad more U.K. fans aren’t like yourself.

Reactions: IULouie
Honestly, everyone can overlook us. Early preseason ratings don’t mean squat.

Unless I’ve totally misjudged our team, we’ll get plenty enough recognition by early January. But thanks for the link. Too bad more U.K. fans aren’t like yourself.
I think a lot of teams will overlook you guys like Purdue and not take you seriously. I think you will surprise some people this year and win some games you have no business winning. You have a good team and an excellent young coach that can recruit. The future is bright

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil

Sleeper to watch

I'm sure your Hillbilly buddies on Rupp Rafters are tearing this to shreds. Archie Miller was a great coach in their minds untill hired by IU. Romeo was great untill he went to IU. Most of the guys on our team would crack UKs top 6 or 7 but your Blue Glassed buddies are too full of hate.

Reactions: hoosier48
I think a lot of teams will overlook you guys like Purdue and not take you seriously. I think you will surprise some people this year and win some games you have no business winning. You have a good team and an excellent young coach that can recruit. The future is bright

Teams dont overlook Indiana. Not even Kentucky. We get everyone's best shot.

I know I’ll be labeled a hater by Boilees because I’m an IU fan (f@&€ em), but I don’t get how some people are so high on Purdue. Haarms won’t be another Haas; Eastern would have to make a serious jump to equal what either Mathias or VE gave them. Carsen no longer has those guys to play off of. I really wouldn’t be surprised to see them struggle badly at times.

I'm sure your Hillbilly buddies on Rupp Rafters are tearing this to shreds. Archie Miller was a great coach in their minds untill hired by IU. Romeo was great untill he went to IU. Most of the guys on our team would crack UKs top 6 or 7 but your Blue Glassed buddies are too full of hate.
Just the ones who don’t understand that Archie is a heck of s coach with a s smoking hot wife. As for hillbilly, you don’t have much room to talk. Sure we are the punchline of white trash jokes, but there are plenty of toothless rednecks in Indiana as well. Btw, nobody thought Miller was a bad hire everyone on rafters agreed he a great up and coming coach. Anyone that says otherwise is retarded

Last edited:
I know I’ll be labeled a hater by Boilees because I’m an IU fan (f@&€ em), but I don’t get how some people are so high on Purdue. Haarms won’t be another Haas; Eastern would have to make a seriously jump to equal what either Mathias or VE gave them. Carsen no longer has those guys to play off of. I really wouldn’t be surprised to see them struggle badly at times.

It’s because it’s Purdue, even though their best players for some they are still held in high regard. Don’t worry they will lose to the likes of southern Alabama and m and never be heard from again

Wall’s never been anything but gracious posting here. And he came here to give us a link about our team.

Lay off him.

Wall’s never been anything but gracious posting here. And he came here to give us a link about our team.

Lay off him.
Thanks for going to bat for me. I don’t come and troll or anything I enjoys good conversation. Archie will have u back in no time. I think you guys make a final four before Louisville does or a sweet 16 before crean. Glad y’all got rid of the creepster. Dude was a whack job from his looks in the camera to slipping zeller the tongue

I have been telling people for a while to "watch out" for IU this year. I think we're a top 5 team.

Reactions: Nieman
I have been telling people for a while to "watch out" for IU this year. I think we're a top 5 team.
Top 5?

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. We should be better than we were last year. I’m confident saying that. But if we ever reach a single digit ranking, we’ll have overachieved...and I hope we do.

Thanks for going to bat for me. I don’t come and troll or anything I enjoys good conversation. Archie will have u back in no time. I think you guys make a final four before Louisville does or a sweet 16 before crean. Glad y’all got rid of the creepster. Dude was a whack job from his looks in the camera to slipping zeller the tongue

I have no quarrel with Wall2Boogie. Hes fine. Their are just some UK fans that are ridiculous.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Six freshmen and five Jrs and Srs combined. There are going to be some tough moments as the dark frozen mid winter season wears on them.

I have no quarrel with Wall2Boogie. Hes fine. Their are just some UK fans that are ridiculous.

Yeah, well, what school doesn't have some obnoxious fans? And why should good people who support School A and have friendly and respectful conversations with people who support School B have to take heat for obnoxious fans who, like him, support School A?

By all means, if a troll from UK or any other program comes on our board and starts talking smack, let 'em have it. I'll be right there with you.

But save it for people who deserve it.

Top 5?

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. We should be better than we were last year. I’m confident saying that. But if we ever reach a single digit ranking, we’ll have overachieved...and I hope we do.

"IF" we beat Duke, we catapult into the top 15. I don't mind being wrong about my prediction, but I don't mind being right either.

Yeah, well, what school doesn't have some obnoxious fans? And why should good people who support School A and have friendly and respectful conversations with people who support School B have to take heat for obnoxious fans who, like him, support School A?

By all means, if a troll from UK or any other program comes on our board and starts talking smack, let 'em have it. I'll be right there with you.

But save it for people who deserve it.
Because the fans from School B have delusional, slack jawed misconceptions and though they aren’t trying to troll, their very nature deserves contempt, just like the player type who chooses school B.

"IF" we beat Duke, we catapult into the top 15. I don't mind being wrong about my prediction, but I don't mind being right either.

Well, sure.

I didn’t watch any of Duke’s games in Canada. But, from what I read about them, they’re going to be very hard to beat this year.

Reactions: IU/NDFAN

Sleeper to watch
Not UK. They won’t make Elite 8 unless they luck into an upset bracket.

Reactions: Nieman
Villanova- won two in the last three years, they are coming back with a top 10 team and it doesn't seem like they are getting respect. The pundits are drooling over Kansas, Kentucky and Duke.

It's always the team who gets hot the last 8-10 games of the regular season and rides it to the FF.

Villanova- won two in the last three years, they are coming back with a top 10 team and it doesn't seem like they are getting respect. The pundits are drooling over Kansas, Kentucky and Duke.
That's what happens when you replace 4 of the top 6 players. There's no reason for them to be top 10.

Sleeper to watch
Thanks!

I'm all for being optimistic as well, but top 5? IU didn't even make a tournament last year. That would be quite a steep jump for any team that didn't have a recruiting class like Duke's.

I see yet programs that rotate multiple one and done players are just fine in the top10?

Villanova is a Top 10 team, and you can make a strong argument for them having that ranking.

They brought in Cremo the transfer from Albany who will probably compete for the Big East scoring title. Paschall and Booth offer some good experience. Quinerly is an impact freshman that should be able to split back court duties with Booth.

They are loaded with shooters yet again, which is all Wright really needs to run his system effectively.

I'm all for being optimistic as well, but top 5? IU didn't even make a tournament last year. That would be quite a steep jump for any team that didn't have a recruiting class like Duke's.
IU is young with a couple good upperclassman, we have a star in Langford and a potential all american in Juwan, so I'm ready for tip off tomorrow! I have faith in this team.

Reactions: ufo33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT