ADVERTISEMENT

Where is Your Outrage You Hypocrite Bastages?

Sort of like the pieces of shit who used Covid to spread politically based lies, like Covid was a danger to kids.

Remember that?

We know now in retrospect that children could get Covid but not be as seriously sick as adults.

Nevertheless. there was a time when this up for debate.

Generally speaking when it comes to political philosophy and school closings, schools under GOP jurisdictions we're far less likely to overreact to the threat than were those under Democratic control.

This is definitely a feather in the hats of Republicans who unlike the Demoracts, now that the dust has settled, appear to have instinctively made the right call.

Reactions: BradStevens
It was a balancing of interests. Kids we’rent passing and weren’t in danger. Their stats were negligible. Remember we were all in line at target at the same time. Teachers have it rough but there were ways to protect them.

Covid response was botched by trump, exacerbated by fauci, put a spotlight on the worthlessness of many of our agencies, and somehow became a virtue signal of the woke and a measure of defiance for hardcore maga.

You can use that in your sermon if it comes up
I didn't talk about Covid a lot because here in Pennsylvania we were locked down a lot longer than Indiana for instance. Some folks in my church were pretty freaked out over it.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
We know now in retrospect that children could get Covid but not be as seriously sick as adults.

Generally speaking when it comes to political philosophy and school closings, schools under GOP jurisdictions we're far less likely to overreact to the threat than were those under Democratic control.

This is definitely a feather in the hats of Republicans who unlike the Demoracts, now that the dust has settled, appear to have instinctively made the right call.
No, Hoot, by the time school started in the Fall of 2020, the data was clear that children were in no particular danger from Covid - no more than the common flu.

I, and others, posted often about how the decision to close schools was unnecessary and likely to cause problems in the future.

Last edited:
I didn't talk about Covid a lot because here in Pennsylvania we were locked down a lot longer than Indiana for instance. Some folks in my church were pretty freaked out over it.
The entire country was freaked out by it and I understand the panic at first. When it became clear the virus targeted a specific part of the population, clearer heads should have prevailed. Instead, the Democrats used it as a political issue and pinned the blame on Trump. Without Covid, Trump would have won the 2020 election in a cakewalk.

• Love
Reactions: VanPastorMan
No, Hoot, by the time school started in the Fall of 2000, the data was clear that children were in no particular danger from Covid - no more than the common flu.

I, and others, posted often about how the decision to close schools was unnecessary and likely to cause problems in the future.

DANC, think you better check the date in your post.

There were also accusations thrown out by pro-closure people that the only reason parents wanted their kids in school was because they wanted babysitters, didn’t like spending time with their kids, were selfish about their own time, etc. Not to mention allegations that they didn’t care if old people died.

It was gross.

There were also accusations thrown out by pro-closure people that the only reason parents wanted their kids in school was because they wanted babysitters, didn’t like spending time with their kids, were selfish about their own time, etc. Not to mention allegations that they didn’t care if old people died.

It was gross.
The vitriol thrown at those of us who had other opinions and could back it up with data was astounding.

If anything, the virus showed me humans can turn on each other in a snap. Before, I could not imagine how Germans let themselves be duped by Hitler. I have no problem understanding it now. Mass hysteria is self-promoting and, once started, there's no stopping it.

The vitriol thrown at those of us who had other opinions and could back it up with data was astounding.

If anything, the virus showed me humans can turn on each other in a snap. Before, I could not imagine how Germans let themselves be duped by Hitler. I have no problem understanding it now. Mass hysteria is self-promoting and, once started, there's no stopping it.
And the gestapo social media used to cancel people if they thought the virus was not that bad, started in a lab etc.

Except that no one said that.

Oh, is that why they closed schools?

Seriously, Mark, go take a cognitive test from your doctor.

Hickory and Court both did

Sure someone said that.

Please. Those of us with kids know better. Idiots used it to close schools

No one with any sense or those "following the science" claimed that Covid was "a danger to kids" after the data started rolling in. The entire basis for closing schools was to slow the spread from family to family and throughout the broader community. That may have been mistaken (20-20 hindsight, Monday morning quarterbacking, whatever) but it was DANC's falsehood I was addressing.

No one with any sense or those "following the science" claimed that Covid was "a danger to kids" after the data started rolling in. The entire basis for closing schools was to slow the spread from family to family and throughout the broader community. That may have been mistaken (20-20 hindsight, Monday morning quarterbacking, whatever) but it was DANC's falsehood I was addressing.
He is far to politically marinated to understand this intellectually. Let him believe what he is told to.

UncleMark, I’m referring to my own community. On Facebook, it got ugly. And yes, there were still some people in the fall of 2020 saying we had to “protect the children” by closing our schools.

UncleMark, I’m referring to my own community. On Facebook, it got ugly. And yes, there were still some people in the fall of 2020 saying we had to “protect the children” by closing our schools.
I don't expect to change anyone's mind, just was correcting the record.

Yep, by the Fall of 2020 polls were showing a majority of parents in various parts of the country wanted their children back in school
Parents and everyone else wanted them back in school from day one. We all did.

Has it been decided a youngster with Covid without serious symptoms could visit Granny and transmit the virus to her ?

Also what about school kids infecting each other and then having that infected kid spreading the virus to older members of the family ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT