ADVERTISEMENT

Where’s the outrage?

stollcpa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2010
Reactions: i'vegotwinners

How bout this response when Lebron had a chance in 2019.

"On the hypocrisy of the American sports industry, Kanter is scorching. “Nike,” he pointed out recently, “remains vocal about injustice here in America, but when it comes to China, Nike remains silent.”

Sad but it's not just Nike... Most companies have no morals...only see $$.

"On the hypocrisy of the American sports industry, Kanter is scorching. “Nike,” he pointed out recently, “remains vocal about injustice here in America, but when it comes to China, Nike remains silent.”

Don’t just say companies. Lebron James is all about white privilege and the BLM. But when you mess with his money China can use all the slave labor they want so he can make money off his shoes.

Reactions: ulrey and NPT

Sorry, I'm trying to be outraged but the prevailing feeling I'm having is I really don't GAFF. I don't give a fk about about LeRoid, Enes, Nike or old white men's selective outrage.

I do like Rage though .... so let's do that instead.

This is how you outrage!!

Reactions: DrHoops and larsIU

What are we supposed to be outraged about? I think it's great that Kanter is speaking his mind.

Hard to believe you got divorced.
Not divorced. Been delayed for the 4th time and the judge recused himself. Starting over. Attorneys sure are expensive.

Why don’t you address the liberal hypocrisy? Seems some NBA players aren't outraged over slave labor. Isn’t it surprising the race of the players that are okay with slave labor and the race of the player with the guts to stand up against it?

It is time to resurrect the TPP. Best trade rates and lower red tape for all signatories and all signatories agree to IPP and other provisions. That is what we had and rejected. Simply put, a lot of nations are having issues with China and would like to even their trade with China. Forming them together into an alliance makes too much sense for us to do it.

It is time to resurrect the TPP. Best trade rates and lower red tape for all signatories and all signatories agree to IPP and other provisions. That is what we had and rejected. Simply put, a lot of nations are having issues with China and would like to even their trade with China. Forming them together into an alliance makes too much sense for us to do it.
Good idea.

Never should have killed it in the first place.

Not divorced. Been delayed for the 4th time and the judge recused himself. Starting over. Attorneys sure are expensive.

Why don’t you address the liberal hypocrisy? Seems some NBA players aren't outraged over slave labor. Isn’t it surprising the race of the players that are okay with slave labor and the race of the player with the guts to stand up against

If my life goes to shit maybe I'll go to 24/7 outrage mode. But as of right now I can't muster up a flying f@ck about this.

Sorry, I'm trying to be outraged but the prevailing feeling I'm having is I really don't GAFF. I don't give a fk about about LeRoid, Enes, Nike or old white men's selective outrage.

I do like Rage though .... so let's do that instead.

This is how you outrage!!

Garbage song

Garbage band full of snot nose crackers appropriating hood culture

Reactions: F.Fletch
Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Another stupid move by Trump, but Sanders was against it too and then HRC claimed to be against it as well. Unless she was lying, it was going to be killed.
She was lying, or I'll eat my hat. I voted for Bernie in the primary that didn't actually matter, but I might have actually voted for her if she hadn't chickened out on TPP.

Not really. Being dependent on China is good for all of us. But it's only good if they are also dependent on us, and if other countries are at least as dependent on us as they are on them.
I guess it was good for sone of us when they sent the virus. Had a client with direct link to Chyna. He got all the masks he could ship in. Turned out great for him.

I guess it was good for sone of us when they sent the virus. Had a client with direct link to Chyna. He got all the masks he could ship in. Turned out great for him.
We may be the world's only superpower, but if there is a rival for the future, it's almost certainly China. Interdependence between superpowers breeds peace and stability. As long as we remember they are a rival to be contained (and keep Japan, Australia, etc., firmly in our camp), we should make sure we have strong ties with China.

We may be the world's only superpower, but if there is a rival for the future, it's almost certainly China. Interdependence between superpowers breeds peace and stability. As long as we remember they are a rival to be contained (and keep Japan, Australia, etc., firmly in our camp), we should make sure we have strong ties with China.
The Nixon-Kissinger Doctrine

Reactions: Rockport Zebra
I agree but it seems to me we’re on the wrong side of the relationship and losing ground every day.

We dealt with several Chinese suppliers at my old job. They sent us a few thousand masks free of charge.

IMHO, Stoll wants you to say: "Long Live Emperor Trump!"
Oh come on, we all know now that Ol'e Joe is the incontinent'al emperor of the world. Well, except the Pope may have scared the shcrapit out of him. . wonder what he said to him?

Our "strong ties" with them are what allowed them to become a superpower.

Reactions: stollcpa
I think stoll is trying to gin some up. He must not be getting his fill today.
I think he might be old school where by you choose your basketball shoes by how they improve your running, jumping, blister avoidance and ankle injury prevention and not by the brands social posturing. Shoes are off the chain with brand identity and the hood gangs literally stealing shoes off a victim‘s feet. Shoe jacking is a real thing in the ever improving Chicago. Nike doesn’t help with their display in their Michigan Avenue store displaying Jordans from every year since the beginning of Jordans. I assume the Store and display are still located on Miracle Mile, I lost touch during the Covid shutdowns.

I don't think it is MOST companies that on;y see $$$$ but there are a lot of companies that do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT