ADVERTISEMENT

When did this all start?

iubud

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2003
I don't know how common the knowledge is that the team was hurt that they were snubbed in the bowl selection. The players from Florida didn't mind playing in Tampa. There was a team vote on whether to play in the bowl. I don't believe they really had a choice, but it was slightly over 50/50 in favor of playing.

Remember the uninspired play in Tampa after beating Wisconsin and missing the rest of the season? I believe it was the start of a rift in the locker room. The fighting on the sideline today shows an unhappy locker room that I believe started last year. I also believe the team has lost confidence in the position coaches and Sheridan. If we are unhappy with the offense and play calling, what do you think the players feel?

Nothing short of a complete overhaul will turn this around. Fix the offensive side of the ball and hit the portal hard.

I don't know how common the knowledge is that the team was hurt that they were snubbed in the bowl selection. The players from Florida didn't mind playing in Tampa. There was a team vote on whether to play in the bowl. I don't believe they really had a choice, but it was slightly over 50/50 in favor of playing.

Remember the uninspired play in Tampa after beating Wisconsin and missing the rest of the season? I believe it was the start of a rift in the locker room. The fighting on the sideline today shows an unhappy locker room that I believe started last year. I also believe the team has lost confidence in the position coaches and Sheridan. If we are unhappy with the offense and play calling, what do you think the players feel?

Nothing short of a complete overhaul will turn this around. Fix the offensive side of the ball and hit the portal hard.
Can you clarify what happened on the sideline precisely?

I believe it started when Kalen Deboer left and you had habits that carried over from his coaching that slowly faded the longer he was gone. The play was deteriorating on offense throughout last season slowly, and by this year the system was totally broken.

in other words it started when the Iowa AD had an obvious conflict of interest as a member of the bowl committee and his team got a better bowl game than IU did

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13

Hurt because they were "snubbed"? Voting to play or not? If true, those speak far more about the state of the program (and big issues) than anything else.

On the heels of the most special season in modern history...to let a sense of somehow feeling snubbed in any way impact the team and how they failed to show up for the game is ridiculous...and there absolutely should not have been a choice, much less any alleged vote.

Hurt because they were "snubbed"? Voting to play or not? If true, those speak far more about the state of the program (and big issues) than anything else.

On the heels of the most special season in modern history...to let a sense of somehow feeling snubbed in any way impact the team and how they failed to show up for the game is ridiculous...and there absolutely should not have been a choice, much less any alleged vote.
So wait they actually voted on whether to play in the bowl game? Who’s in charge here? That should not have even been allowed to happen.

And you look ridiculous saying it was a snub to be reduced to playing in a game that you then subsequently lose.

in other words it started when the Iowa AD had an obvious conflict of interest as a member of the bowl committee and his team got a better bowl game than IU did
Not sure I would classify the Music City as “better” than the Outback. Lower payout and a little earlier in the bowl season, and both involve playing an SEC opponent.

Not sure I would classify the Music City as “better” than the Outback. Lower payout and a little earlier in the bowl season, and both involve playing an SEC opponent.
my bad—I meant to say Northwestern (they got the Citrus bid instead of IU courtesy of the bowl committee that included the Iowa AD)

If players are so soft mentally and emotionally that they sulk over bowl snubs, then clean em out.

Bear Bryant said you had to figure out who were the quitters and get rid of them before they infected the winners. Maybe we need some figuring.

So wait they actually voted on whether to play in the bowl game? Who’s in charge here? That should not have even been allowed to happen.

And you look ridiculous saying it was a snub to be reduced to playing in a game that you then subsequently lose.
My source was an officer of the I Association and confirmed by a former trustee that tailgates next to us. It likely wasn't sanctioned by the staff. Players can do a lot of things behind the coach's back.

You can be sure #LEO isn't working for everyone when a key reserve enters the transfer portal mid season

My source was an officer of the I Association and confirmed by a former trustee that tailgates next to us. It likely wasn't sanctioned by the staff. Players can do a lot of things behind the coach's back.

You can be sure #LEO isn't working for everyone when a key reserve enters the transfer portal mid season
How many teams do you think had a key reserve enter the portal midseason ? My guess is several.

Any truth to this rumor that the players voted as to playing in the Outback Bowl last year? I don’t think I ever heard anything about this. I remember when Gerry Faust gave Notre Dame the option to playing in a second-tier bowl game and they decided not to. That is a clear sign that a coach has lost his team.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Any truth to this rumor that the players voted as to playing in the Outback Bowl last year? I don’t think I ever heard anything about this. I remember when Gerry Faust gave Notre Dame the option to playing in a second-tier bowl game and they decided not to. That is a clear sign that a coach has lost his team.
Another HS coach in way over his head

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT