ADVERTISEMENT

What's the right news to print?

I’m proud. But my user name is douchey.
At the risk of defaming you. I’ve always liked your posts, right from the very start. I appreciated that a soldier engaged honestly in war time, because it gave me insights I wouldn’t otherwise have been allowed. This has earned you my appreciation and respect, which you’ve done nothing to diminish — even though you’re a #%£€! conservative.

From my perspective, I’m happy you have the screen name you now wish you didn’t have. I hope you don’t change it.

Last edited:
At the risk of defaming you. I’ve always liked your posts, right from the very start. I appreciated that a soldier engaged honestly in war time, because it gave me insights I wouldn’t otherwise have been allowed. This has earned you my appreciation and respect, which you’ve done nothing to diminish — even though you’re a #%£€! conservative.

From my perspective, I’m happy you have the screen name you now wish you didn’t have. I hope you don’t change it.
Also, my screen name is the derisive nickname that Gandy (Isaac Hayes) gave Jim Rockford (James Garner) in The Rockford Files. It’s supposed to be a douchey name. And I’m frequently advised that it fits me perfectly.

You’re using the wrong word. Paramilitary means “pseudomilitary” or private military - often assigned to contractors.

The 82nd Airborne Division, and all units falling under Army FORSCOM are active military units. There’s nothing “para” about them. You may be confusing paramilitary with paratroopers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT