ADVERTISEMENT

What to think about this?

I didn't read the article but based on what you stated and where IU is at this moment in time, I don't see how many could disagree.

Reactions: birdforbogey
+
IU tagged as one of the more disappointing teams so far this year. Not a good trend going for Archie.

Not sure how we could be a disappointment when little was expected of us to begin with. We’re a C+ team playing C+ basketball and getting C+ results. We’re right where we should be.

+
Not sure how we could be a disappointment when little was expected of us to begin with. We’re a C+ team playing C+ basketball and getting C+ results. We’re right where we should be.
I see us as average too. It doesn't mean we stink. It means we will win some and lose some. This team will never look pretty. They will have to gut out every win they get. I guess we have a decision to make. Will we appreciate and be thankful for every win?

I see us as average too. It doesn't mean we stink. It means we will win some and lose some. This team will never look pretty. They will have to gut out every win they get. I guess we have a decision to make. Will we appreciate and be thankful for every win?
Should always appreciate wins, but the IU basketball some of us grew up with is a fading memory. We aren’t very good any more, and we’re certainly not elite, nor is there any indication we’re headed in that direction. We’re just like any other program, with the exception that we talk a much better game than we play.

We have fans who talk trash with our biggest rival, even though we’re dominated by them, and we have fans who talk trash with a team who doesn’t even care to be our rival anymore, as they don’t think we’re qualified or good enough to be considered in their strata. And a great season now is hoping we get into the top half of the conference standings and get a tournament berth.

Never thought I’d see this, but that’s where we are, and it’s not likely to change.

Depends on how many wins we get.

I don't know anybody who thought we would be very good........and we aren't. We've been disappointing for many seasons now.

Reactions: IUgradman
+
Sad to see grade inflation necessary for IU Bball. If our peer group is the Big Ten then C+ suggests better than the league average. Is that a fair appraisal?

Anyone heard anything about how RMK is doing back in Bloomington?

Sad to see grade inflation necessary for IU Bball. If our peer group is the Big Ten then C+ suggests better than the league average. Is that a fair appraisal?

Anyone heard anything about how RMK is doing back in Bloomington?
Since we’re only 15% into the conference schedule, it’s probably a little early to say we’re better than the league average. History shows we aren’t, though.

Not sure we’ll see BK out much any more.

Should always appreciate wins, but the IU basketball some of us grew up with is a fading memory. We aren’t very good any more, and we’re certainly not elite, nor is there any indication we’re headed in that direction. We’re just like any other program, with the exception that we talk a much better game than we play.

We have fans who talk trash with our biggest rival, even though we’re dominated by them, and we have fans who talk trash with a team who doesn’t even care to be our rival anymore, as they don’t think we’re qualified or good enough to be considered in their strata. And a great season now is hoping we get into the top half of the conference standings and get a tournament berth.

Never thought I’d see this, but that’s where we are, and it’s not likely to change.
Wow. That is some sobering truth there. Well stated.

I couldn’t figure out why Courtsensetwo hated you so much, After reading this post I know why!
You speak the TRUTH.

Reactions: Crayfish57
We missing the 6 points from Brunk?
and his 5 fouls, and leadership, and his absence forcing others to play out of position...Brunk wasn't going to put up all-B1G stats but his absence puts more pressure on TJD to defend the 5 while staying out of foul trouble, while forcing Hunter to play more at the 4 (where he is definitely out of position) because we are now very thin in the front court. Plus having a level headed 5th yr senior does some good. TJD has been very good at avoiding foul trouble, but the first B1G game where he picks up 2 quick ones, it's gonna be Race Thompson vs the world for the next 20 minutes.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT