ADVERTISEMENT

What to make of the Durham filing?

Sussman clearly lied to the FBI. But lying does not satisfy the statute. It must be material to an investigation, and it must be the moving cause of trying to adversely affect an FBI investigation. The second two elements had very little evidence. Reasonable doubt was easy.

Funny that most on this board ignored the second and third elements of General Flynn's charge despite my highly partisan best efforts to point that out. Sussman had sympathetic democraic judge, Flynn had a democratic hard ass. Durham was open and above board with Sussman, Weisssman was underhanded and aggressive with Flynn as he threatened Flynn's kids with prosecution if Flynn didn't plead.

In the DC justice swamp, it pays to be a Democrat defendant in a political case. .
What evidence do you have that Sullivan was a "democratic hard ass"? Loony Sidney Powell was so thrilled with Sullivan's prior ruling in the Ted Stevens case, that she asked him to autograph her book in which she lauded him as an anti govt crusader. And Sullivan was more upset with Flynn over his undisclosed work for Turkey, than he was over the lesser charge that Flynn plead guilty to...

And it was Reagan who first appointed him to the DC Superior Court, and in '91 Bush appointed him as an associate Judge to the DC Court of Appeals. So how does that make him a "democrat"? And since Flynn Jr was up to his eyeballs with his coup approving, Qanon-loving religious nut job of a papa in the plot to kidnap the Turkish cleric, why wouldn't Weissman threaten to prosecute Jr as well?

Just because he wasn't exonerated doesn't mean he didn't do it.
I don't think that came out right...

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that, considering the subject of that post was technically about Trump and lefties opinions about him, I'll chalk that up as a simple mistake and not a Freudian slip. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC
Sussman lied to the FBI. The democrat jurors in DC nullified just like Simpson was set free.

Durham wasting his time in DC. Sussman could have shot a Republican in the courtroom in front of the jurors and walked. Our Justice system is broke.

How is it a blow to the investigation? Danchenko is up next.

This trial served its purpose - it exposed the Russian Collusion Hoax for what it is - a schemed concocted by the Clinton campaign with the help of foreign assets and accepted and promoted by a willing FBI.

It's exposed the absolute corruption of the Democrat Party.

Besides, as you leftists on the board like to say, just because he wasn't exonerated doesn't mean he didn't do it.

Whether he was found guilty of lying to the FBI about who he was representing when he passed along false information, that's totally irrelevant. It just proved what Trump was saying all along.
Wow. That's some kind of bullshit, even for you.

How is it a blow? When a prosecutor indicts, he wants and expects a conviction. An acquittal is a loss. A humiliating failure. A blow to the investigators and prosecuting attorneys who spent countless hours putting the case together and presenting it to a jury.

And I have no effing idea what "just because he wasn't exonerated doesn't mean he didn't do it" is supposed to mean.

Reactions: walkerman
What evidence do you have that Sullivan was a "democratic hard ass"? Loony Sidney Powell was so thrilled with Sullivan's prior ruling in the Ted Stevens case, that she asked him to autograph her book in which she lauded him as an anti govt crusader. And Sullivan was more upset with Flynn over his undisclosed work for Turkey, than he was over the lesser charge that Flynn plead guilty to...

And it was Reagan who first appointed him to the DC Superior Court, and in '91 Bush appointed him as an associate Judge to the DC Court of Appeals. So how does that make him a "democrat"? And since Flynn Jr was up to his eyeballs with his coup approving, Qanon-loving religious nut job of a papa in the plot to kidnap the Turkish cleric, why wouldn't Weissman threaten to prosecute Jr as well?
Always bringing the receipts.

I must have missed all those apologies. I sure saw a lot of insults hurled your way, even though you were 100% on target while others were predictably delusional.

Sussman lied to the FBI. The democrat jurors in DC nullified just like Simpson was set free.

Durham wasting his time in DC. Sussman could have shot a Republican in the courtroom in front of the jurors and walked. Our Justice system is broke.
I am curious why you are so positive he lied? I am certainly not certain he did not. But the charge was based on Sussman's conversation with one FBI agent. That agent did not record it in his notes, did not tell the investigators in his first interrogation. In a second one, he remembered being lied to.

It easily could be he remembered correctly. I will not disagree. But there is a heck of a lot of room for doubt. I did not see any of the trial, I don't know how that agent sounded in testifying about remembering. If he sounded credible, I could see jurors delivering guilty. If not, I can see not guilty. Tooany people see definitely guilty or definitely not guilty based solely on what they want.

I am curious why you are so positive he lied? I am certainly not certain he did not. But the charge was based on Sussman's conversation with one FBI agent. That agent did not record it in his notes, did not tell the investigators in his first interrogation. In a second one, he remembered being lied to.

It easily could be he remembered correctly. I will not disagree. But there is a heck of a lot of room for doubt. I did not see any of the trial, I don't know how that agent sounded in testifying about remembering. If he sounded credible, I could see jurors delivering guilty. If not, I can see not guilty. Tooany people see definitely guilty or definitely not guilty based solely on what they want.
The FBI agent’s memory would have been perfect if this was a Trump associate. Instead it was his friend so he was Sergeant Schultz. FBI, Justice and IRS just an arm of the Democrats.

I don't think that came out right...

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that, considering the subject of that post was technically about Trump and lefties opinions about him, I'll chalk that up as a simple mistake and not a Freudian slip. :)
Using double negatives is tricky. lol

Wow. That's some kind of bullshit, even for you.

How is it a blow? When a prosecutor indicts, he wants and expects a conviction. An acquittal is a loss. A humiliating failure. A blow to the investigators and prosecuting attorneys who spent countless hours putting the case together and presenting it to a jury.

And I have no effing idea what "just because he wasn't exonerated doesn't mean he didn't do it" is supposed to mean.
It was meant to confuse you, which wasn't difficult.

Well, the trial brought out 3 things you leftists have denied for the last 6 years.

1) The reports about a link between a Trump server and the Russian bank, Alfa, was made up out of whole cloth. It was a hoax designed to impugn the Trump campaign without a shred of evidence.

2) Hillary approved the spreading of false information.

3) The FBI cooperated with the Clinton campaign to push the server link theory in order to promote a bogus Mueller investigation.

If you're proud of that, then good for you. It's much more insidious than anything Nixon did.

If you believe Sussman didn't lie to the FBI that he didn't represent the Clinton campaign when he worked for the Clinton campaign, you're Hickory stupid.

FBI, Justice and IRS just an arm of the Democrats.
This argument always makes me laugh. Why, then, did the Democrat puppet FBI announce an investigation into the Clinton server issue well before the 2016 election, announce on October 28, 2016 (11 days before the election, while early voting was underway) that they were reopening the investigation, but not announce that they were investigating Trump and Trump campaign links to Russia - - - an investigation that began in July 2016 - - until after the election?

This argument always makes me laugh. Why, then, did the Democrat puppet FBI announce an investigation into the Clinton server issue well before the 2016 election, announce on October 28, 2016 (11 days before the election, while early voting was underway) that they were reopening the investigation, but not announce that they were investigating Trump and Trump campaign links to Russia - - - an investigation that began in July 2016 - - until after the election?
Because he was covering his ass after he knew his FBI was getting information from the Clinton campaign. Duh! How ****ing naive can you be?

Because he was covering his ass after he knew his FBI was getting information from the Clinton campaign. Duh! How ****ing naive can you be?
He can’t think that hard. He spends most of his brain power remembering which person he is posting as. He’s the greatest of all time. 😂

Just amazing how poor old Donnie is always the victim. Trump U. did nothing wrong, but he paid $25 million to settle because the judge was bias against him. His Trump foundation fund was closed for misuse of funds and he and children are barred from opening another one, but if was another democratic judge out to get him. The investigation of the Trump Organization is a political witch hunt by a dem who hates him just like the Georgia folk's investigation. Ted Cruz didn't win the Iowa primary, he stole it. His 60 lawsuits on a fraudulent election all dismissed because all those judges were biased against him. He didn't lose the popular vote to Clinton because 3 million illegals voted. He didn't lose the popular vote to Biden by 7 million votes because it was rigged, and he won by a landslide.

His phone call to Selensky was perfect and the 17 people who testified against him were a bunch of lying no goods. The 11 tweets from December 1 to January 5 inviting "patriots" to come to Washington to stop the steal and his speech to march on the Capitol had nothing to do with the attack on the building. His campaign manager Manafort gave internal polling information to a Russian oligarch who gave it to Russian intelligence but there was no collusion (Mueller Report). He asked WH counsel McGahn to stop the Mueller investigation, but it was not obstruction Mueller report).

I suppose Trumps attempt to overturn the election is just an unfounded rumor.

Complete bullshit, like virtually all of your posts.

The FBI's pre-election disclosure of its active investigation of the private server issue, and in particular Comey's public letter to Congress dated October 28, 2016, was a huge setback for the Clinton campaign. Trump, on the other hand, benefited enormously from the non-disclosure of the FBI's active investigation of him and his campaign and their demonstrable ties to Russia. If the investigation of the Trump/Russia links (and there were many) had been disclosed by the FBI prior to the November 2016 election, his candidacy would have been toast.

Trump hates Comey, but he really should be sending Comey a nice gift every Christmas after the gift Comey gave him.

He can’t think that hard. He spends most of his brain power remembering which person he is posting as. He’s the greatest of all time. 😂
I don't know what this means but, then again, I doubt that you do either.

• Haha
Complete bullshit, like virtually all of your posts.

The FBI's pre-election disclosure of its active investigation of the private server issue, and in particular Comey's public letter to Congress dated October 28, 2016, was a huge setback for the Clinton campaign. Trump, on the other hand, benefited enormously from the non-disclosure of the FBI's active investigation of him and his campaign and their demonstrable ties to Russia. If the investigation of the Trump/Russia links (and there were many) had been disclosed by the FBI prior to the November 2016 election, his candidacy would have been toast.

Trump hates Comey, but he really should be sending Comey a nice gift every Christmas after the gift Comey gave him.

So naive.

Sussman billed the campaign for 2 thumb drives he's guilty and lied. Whether or not this stacked judge and jury find him guilty or not Durham has done the country a huge favor and debunked every single thing the msm told everyone since 2016.

Also Grassley said a couple days back...

Previously, a former FBI lawyer admitted falsifying evidence submitted to the FISA court in order to get surveillance warrants targeting the Trump campaign.

Grassley said testimony and documents submitted at the Sussmann trial showed FBI managers, including ex-Director James Comey, were "fired up" to pursue what turned out to be false allegations created by the Clinton campaign and delivered to the FBI by Sussmann that Trump had a secret communications channel to the Kremlin back in 2016.

"By the looks of it, this FBI document contains false information," Grassley said.

"I fear these recent developments are just the tip of the iceberg," he added. "The FBI’s exposure to false information and actually using it for investigative purposes wreaks of a political vendetta. A get-Trump-at-all-costs attitude. Whether Sussmann is convicted or not, the evidence introduced by Durham shows serious government misconduct. Special Counsel Durham can’t let government misconduct go unpunished."

It's what many have been saying all along that had access to all this info back in 2016. But they carried on with an impeachment hearing, basement meetings and role playing, a whistleblower which was all a lie. The Mueller investigation which EVERYONE has made clear was a ridiculous sham and waste of taxpayer money.

Isn't it odd that whatever the msm says is exactly the opposite.

Cosmic hold your typing I wont read anything you post. Its worthless as is any comment from anyone that denies the above. You won't get a comment from me because you're wrong and have been hoodwinked this entire time.
How is it a blow to the investigation? Danchenko is up next.

This trial served its purpose - it exposed the Russian Collusion Hoax for what it is - a schemed concocted by the Clinton campaign with the help of foreign assets and accepted and promoted by a willing FBI.

It's exposed the absolute corruption of the Democrat Party.

Besides, as you leftists on the board like to say, just because he wasn't exonerated doesn't mean he didn't do it.

Whether he was found guilty of lying to the FBI about who he was representing when he passed along false information, that's totally irrelevant. It just proved what Trump was saying all along.
RIP Durham Investigation...

Another attempt by Trump to gunk up the system. Was never really sure what Durham's role was, and what Trump wanted him to prove. But as usual with anything connected to Trump it was a disaster from start to finish...

So will Trump wing media actually tell their viewers that the dream has died, or will they just keep quiet and hope no one asks aloud when the Durham report is going to start dropping bombshells? Maybe he can hook up with D'Souza on his next book?

Keep in mind that Trump set Durham up in his role back in 2019, which means this exercise in futility has lasted THREE YEARS. The entire Mueller Investigation lasted less than half that, and resulted in some pretty positive developments. For example...

"A cost–benefit analysis of the investigation shows a net benefit for the government, with far more income than expenses.

By December 2018, the investigation had cost approximately $32 million[149] but gained approximately $48 million. More than half of the cost of the investigation was for personnel compensation and benefits. The gains were accrued primarily by uncovering unpaid taxes by targets in the investigation, seizing assets, and collecting fines." (Seems like a good thing)...

Also despite some uninformed people referring to Mueller as a "Hoax", it resulted in a significant number of criminal convictions...

"The Special Counsel indicted 34 people—seven U.S. nationals, 26 Russian nationals, and one Dutch national—and three Russian organizations. Two additional individuals were charged as a result of referrals to other FBI offices."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Counsel_investigation_(2017–2019)#:~:text=The%20Mueller%20investigation%20culminated%20with,criminal%20conspiracy%20to%20charge%20Trump.

Apologies for linking to Wiki, but those numbers seem pretty accurate...

How does Durham's probe stack up by comparison? Well the 3 yr GJ appointment has expired...They did get that dastardly FBI agent Clinesmith for a false statement regarding Page's history...

I realize the Trumpers will never believe this, but I think Clinesmith's personal animosity towards Page was probably more attributable to lingering distrust of Page by the Bureau relative to the suspicious circumstances of his attempted recruitment by GRU agents back in 2013, rather than some animus towards Trump. In fact the FBI didn't even apply for the FISA warrant till a month after Page had announced he was LEAVING the Trump campaign...

But hey, Durham sure showed him who was boss...

RIP Durham Investigation...

Another attempt by Trump to gunk up the system. Was never really sure what Durham's role was, and what Trump wanted him to prove. But as usual with anything connected to Trump it was a disaster from start to finish...

So will Trump wing media actually tell their viewers that the dream has died, or will they just keep quiet and hope no one asks aloud when the Durham report is going to start dropping bombshells? Maybe he can hook up with D'Souza on his next book?

Keep in mind that Trump set Durham up in his role back in 2019, which means this exercise in futility has lasted THREE YEARS. The entire Mueller Investigation lasted less than half that, and resulted in some pretty positive developments. For example...

"A cost–benefit analysis of the investigation shows a net benefit for the government, with far more income than expenses.

By December 2018, the investigation had cost approximately $32 million[149] but gained approximately $48 million. More than half of the cost of the investigation was for personnel compensation and benefits. The gains were accrued primarily by uncovering unpaid taxes by targets in the investigation, seizing assets, and collecting fines." (Seems like a good thing)...

Also despite some uninformed people referring to Mueller as a "Hoax", it resulted in a significant number of criminal convictions...

"The Special Counsel indicted 34 people—seven U.S. nationals, 26 Russian nationals, and one Dutch national—and three Russian organizations. Two additional individuals were charged as a result of referrals to other FBI offices."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Counsel_investigation_(2017–2019)#:~:text=The%20Mueller%20investigation%20culminated%20with,criminal%20conspiracy%20to%20charge%20Trump.

Apologies for linking to Wiki, but those numbers seem pretty accurate...

How does Durham's probe stack up by comparison? Well the 3 yr GJ appointment has expired...They did get that dastardly FBI agent Clinesmith for a false statement regarding Page's history...

I realize the Trumpers will never believe this, but I think Clinesmith's personal animosity towards Page was probably more attributable to lingering distrust of Page by the Bureau relative to the suspicious circumstances of his attempted recruitment by GRU agents back in 2013, rather than some animus towards Trump. In fact the FBI didn't even apply for the FISA warrant till a month after Page had announced he was LEAVING the Trump campaign...

But hey, Durham sure showed him who was boss...

Not so fast, rube.

Looks like the FBI got exposed once again for their political bias.

Not so fast, rube.

When they started paying him and what that meant for him w.r.t. answering questions is the story there.

The people at the top of the FBI are corrupt. Most of the rank and file are probably OK, but at the very least their needs to be a purge at the top.

When they started paying him and what that meant for him w.r.t. answering questions is the story there.

The people at the top of the FBI are corrupt. Most of the rank and file are probably OK, but at the very least their needs to be a purge at the top.
Don't they normally come up through the ranks? At what point do they become corrupt?

Don't they normally come up through the ranks? At what point do they become corrupt?
Probably about the same time and through a similar process as the wide eyed idealistic Congressman or Senator who goes to D.C. thinking they are going to be a change agent and then they get subsumed by the system.

Washington D.C. is full of rot.

once a govt becomes for sale to the highest bidders, which ours absolutely has, doesn't being corrupt become a qualifier for top positions.

or in Trump's case, the qualifier being total subservience to Trump no matter what, rather than to the country or citizenry.

that said, at least Trump was open from the start that that was the no exceptions qualifier with him.

on the "for sale" side, those doing the buying haven't been so open about being "buyable" as the prime qualifier, but just as strict about that being the absolute must have qualification.

Last edited:
Probably about the same time and through a similar process as the wide eyed idealistic Congressman or Senator who goes to D.C. thinking they are going to be a change agent and then they get subsumed by the system.

So you got nothing.

• Haha
So you got nothing.
It wasn't a good question and the answer would be different for each one who was "corrupt" or has overstepped the boundaries of their job.
To the DANC-for-brains posters on here, it is when they begin investigating "my guy" or "my cult"
Drivel. You would notice it when they are knowingly lying to courts in order to get warrants to do fishing expeditions for, from off the cuff remarks to each other outside of normal "work" conversations, appears to be politically motivated. Or maybe you see it when they go into groups and become the biggest pushers of the conspiracies they are supposedly investigating, to the point where they are suggesting the crimes that should be undertaken and they are supplying the "resources" for the criminals to use all so that they can get their big splash convictions.

And you talking about a cult is laughable. Cults separate people out from what they have previously believed and have them spouting the dogma of the cult in short order. Mr. Former Republican who is now a walking and talking SJW, lefty-prog, bumper sticker quoting bot fits the cult bill pretty well....

Not so fast, rube.

Not only did I read what you linked, but I also read the link within that story to his original not-guilty pleas in 2021. Nothing that I read supports what you posted here. In the 2021 article Ratcliffe made some stupid statement about "lots of indictments to come", but the GJ has ended and there are no more indictments...

Danchenko was originally charged with "lying to the FBI", so I have no idea how that story "exposes" the political bias for the FBI, as you posted above? This was in the link your article linked to, a different NYP story from Nov 2021...

"The indictment states that the FBI interviewed Danchenko several times between January and November 2017 and was unable to “confirm or corroborate” many of the claims listed in the dossier."

That is what Danchenko was charged with- lying to the FBI. The article says he was supposed to go to trial in April 2022. I guess that is the court your linked article refers to? Again from the 2021 article...

"The charging document also details several times Danchenko allegedly lied. On one occasion, he told investigators he had received an anonymous phone call in July 2016 from a person he believed to be former Russian-American Chamber of Commerce head Sergei Millian, who told him about a “well-developed conspiracy of co-operation” between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin — a claim included in the dossier.

“In truth and fact, and as Danchenko well knew, Danchenko never received such a phone call or such information,” the indictment reads. “Danchenko fabricated these facts.”

Danchenko is the third person to be indicted in Durham’s investigation into the Russia-Trump conspiracy origins, but he may not be the last.

Former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe said Sunday that he is expecting “many indictments,” arguing that everyone involved in creating the fallacious report is in “jeopardy.”

Actually Danchenko may in fact be the last, since the GJ (which issues indictments) has dissolved...

But I have no idea what your article purports to show other than Danchenko may now be in jail over his charge of lying to the FBI?

So go ahead and explain to me (without skipping steps) how the article you linked supports your post, or even what relevance it has to my post which basically shows that Durham's investigation (not with standing the trial of Danchenko- the last of his 3 indictments) is pretty much finished?

It wasn't a good question and the answer would be different for each one who was "corrupt" or has overstepped the boundaries of their job.

Drivel. You would notice it when they are knowingly lying to courts in order to get warrants to do fishing expeditions for, from off the cuff remarks to each other outside of normal "work" conversations, appears to be politically motivated. Or maybe you see it when they go into groups and become the biggest pushers of the conspiracies they are supposedly investigating, to the point where they are suggesting the crimes that should be undertaken and they are supplying the "resources" for the criminals to use all so that they can get their big splash convictions.

And you talking about a cult is laughable. Cults separate people out from what they have previously believed and have them spouting the dogma of the cult in short order. Mr. Former Republican who is now a walking and talking SJW, lefty-prog, bumper sticker quoting bot fits the cult bill pretty well....
None of this relates to Danchenko, which is the article DANC posted. The only FBI agent that "lied" was Clinesmith, and he has already gone to trial. And I still am waiting for a single Trumper to explain to me how the FBI applying for a FISA warrant to watch Page in Oct 2016 had relevance to the Trump Campaign? Page announced in Sept 2016 that he was LEAVING the Trump Campaign...

Fact- the FBI viewed Page with suspicion (regarding events of 20113) before he joined Team Trump...

The Trump team (unintentionally) thrust themselves into FBI scrutiny in April 2016 when they hired TWO people the FBI had security concerns with- Manafort and Page. There were 4 FISA warrants issued over Page ,and 2 of the 4 were ruled invalid. But the motivation to surveil Page was based on Page and lingering doubts he had caused...

"While Russia was meddling in the 2016 election to help Donald Trump, investigators wanted to monitor Page because of his web of Russian connections. This included ties to known Russian spies, his past work with Kremlin-controlled Gazprom and a pro-Russia speech that he delivered in Moscow at the height of the campaign."

The issue that involved Trump was the July 2016 speech, because it advocated lifting the embargo on Russian Energy which was enacted in response to Crimea. It wasn't an official act of the Trump Campaign, but Page did travel to Moscow as a member of the Trump campaign...

Don't expect to read or hear about it from any place other than Fox or the NY Post before the election.

Not only did I read what you linked, but I also read the link within that story to his original not-guilty pleas in 2021. Nothing that I read supports what you posted here. In the 2021 article Ratcliffe made some stupid statement about "lots of indictments to come", but the GJ has ended and there are no more indictments...

Danchenko was originally charged with "lying to the FBI", so I have no idea how that story "exposes" the political bias for the FBI, as you posted above? This was in the link your article linked to, a different NYP story from Nov 2021...

"The indictment states that the FBI interviewed Danchenko several times between January and November 2017 and was unable to “confirm or corroborate” many of the claims listed in the dossier."

That is what Danchenko was charged with- lying to the FBI. The article says he was supposed to go to trial in April 2022. I guess that is the court your linked article refers to? Again from the 2021 article...

"The charging document also details several times Danchenko allegedly lied. On one occasion, he told investigators he had received an anonymous phone call in July 2016 from a person he believed to be former Russian-American Chamber of Commerce head Sergei Millian, who told him about a “well-developed conspiracy of co-operation” between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin — a claim included in the dossier.

“In truth and fact, and as Danchenko well knew, Danchenko never received such a phone call or such information,” the indictment reads. “Danchenko fabricated these facts.”

Danchenko is the third person to be indicted in Durham’s investigation into the Russia-Trump conspiracy origins, but he may not be the last.

Former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe said Sunday that he is expecting “many indictments,” arguing that everyone involved in creating the fallacious report is in “jeopardy.”

Actually Danchenko may in fact be the last, since the GJ (which issues indictments) has dissolved...

But I have no idea what your article purports to show other than Danchenko may now be in jail over his charge of lying to the FBI?

So go ahead and explain to me (without skipping steps) how the article you linked supports your post, or even what relevance it has to my post which basically shows that Durham's investigation (not with standing the trial of Danchenko- the last of his 3 indictments) is pretty much finished?
Paid. By. The. FBI.

Paid. By. The. FBI.
He was paid by the FBI to provide them information. Durham says that he lied to them. Did you think the article said they paid him in 2016 (which would be DURING the POTUS campaign?

That's NOT what the article says, which is why your "political bias" post makes ZERO sense...

"Igor Danchenko became a paid FBI informant in March 2017months after the feds started questioning him over his involvement in the dossier on former President Donald Trump, according to the filing by special counsel John Durham."

How is this political? This is just the Post trying to add some level of confusion to the Danchenko story, as in Durham said Danchenko lied to the FBI but he was actually an FBI informant. They just briefly mention it, but then offer no reason it's even significant. They've convinced you it's important, but I'm not really sure that even you can actually articulate why you think so? They started questioning him and then later in March decided he'd make a valuable CI.

Again, they use that as their headline, but it takes only a single sentence within the actual article. And they don't offer a single reason why it's supposed to be significant. Because it isn't, but they want to pretend that it is...

Now if you want to spell it out for me I'll read it. But again, it was during the course of questioning him IN 2017 that they decided his info was worthy of being paid for. Not before. He certainly wasn't under FBI employ while he was working on the dossier (in 2016), although I highly suspect that is what YOU THOUGHT the article said...

Reactions: tbone6004

You guys seem to be confused on your timeline. The article says that they started questioning him in 2017 over the role he played in providing info for the Steele Dossier (which was basically May-Oct 2016). For whatever reason, they began to employ him as a CI in March 2017, and I would assume that was for info he could provide them about Putin/Russia going forward...

Sounds like you're talking about Madison Cawthorn who started out as a wild eyed Trumper before falling prey to the orgy and cocaine snorting scene among the members of his party who he previously idealized. At least that's what he claimed...

"It wasn't a good question and the answer would be different for each one who was "corrupt" or has overstepped the boundaries of their job.

Drivel. You would notice it when they are knowingly lying to courts in order to get warrants to do fishing expeditions for, from off the cuff remarks to each other outside of normal "work" conversations, appears to be politically motivated. Or maybe you see it when they go into groups and become the biggest pushers of the conspiracies they are supposedly investigating, to the point where they are suggesting the crimes that should be undertaken and they are supplying the "resources" for the criminals to use all so that they can get their big splash convictions."

Going to bump this thread (and this post in particular) in light of events which have been revealed in the past 5 days, but have not yet been mentioned here. The irony is that I doubt crazy had any idea at the time that he was describing what we would eventually find out about the Durham investigation and the role Barr and Durham played. But the fact that we now know that Durham (and particularly Barr) were actually guilty of the type of conduct they were (supposedly) investigating within the confines of the Russia Investigation is a sweet irony...

Remember when the news broke (gleefully on Fox) that the Durham probe had opened a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION, and wing nuts everywhere were ecstatic? Everyone assumed that the newly launched investigation was because Barr/Durham had discovered "criminal activities" by the deep state. .This was in the wake of a (not publicly known) trip Barr and Durham made jointly to England and Italy, seeking out info from those Governments which would support Barr's contention that the Russian Investigation was a "deep state plot" against Trump.

To return to crazies post, this would qualify as "a fishing expedition and conversations together outside of normal work conversations that were politically motivated"...Not to mention, becoming "the biggest pushers of the conspiracies they are supposedly investigating"... Signs of corruption, he (unwittingly) predicted would occur. He didn't realize he was discussing Barr/Durham...

But the weaponization of DOJ revealed in the NYT expose which detailed the corrupt nature of the Durham probe is even more damning to Barr. Because while Barr/Durham were "fishing" in England and Italy and dining in fine restaurants while sipping smooth scotch, they got news that made them do a spit take. When they questioned British and Italian authorities about a plot to persecute Trump, the Italian Govt presented them with very credible evidence linking Trump to possible financial crimes...

The info from the Italians was too strong to ignore, so Barr did the next best thing in order to avoid damage to Trump. He assigned Durham to investigate it, which meant he basically tried to keep it under wraps and avoid bringing in another investigator. It was after all a few weeks prior to the 2020 election...

Of course the news got leaked to Fox that Barr had ordered Durham to initiate a criminal investigation and the Fox bots were more than willing to just assume that the target was the "deep state" and gleefully allow it to dominate their air waves. We saw it here in various posts because wingnut media is very organized and they all assumed amplifying it would hurt Biden and help Trump. And of course Barr was perfectly content to allow people to labor under false assumptions, since propaganda was the entire basis for the Durham probe in the first place...

This video does a great job of tying things together, including the supercut of Fox personalities all reveling in the joy of announcing that Durham had launched a criminal investigation. But of course the Fox bots on tv, and many of their allies here who celebrated as well, had no idea that the target (of the ONLY criminal probe the Durham investigation ever launched) was Trump...

The NYT article further exposes the fact that it was Barr/Durham who pushed the entire "blame Clinton" conspiracy which resulted in 3 different members (including his 2nd in command) of Durham's team resigning over ethical concerns. Basically Durham's disastrous boondoggle resulted in 2 embarrassing court cases which separate juries basically laughed at...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT