ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell are schools supposed to do to stop the war in Gaza

I will tell you this . Open your eyes, most of the good jobs are owned by whites. The low-wage jobs like restaurants for black and brown people. Go to the hospital, very few if any black or brown nurses and doctors. Bankers, business owners. White people hired people like themselves. They have legacy when jobs open up they tell their families and friends. They hire people who look and act like themselves. You live in a world that does not exist. You think everything is fair. Open your eyes. Look at the people who have the jobs mostly whites.
Willdog's vision of the United States:

You see, what you want to see. I have health problems, When I go to the doctor. There are no black Doctors or nurses. NO technicians. ONLY Girls who work in the office, here I see someone who looks like me. I work in the hospital for over 30 years. I can count on 1 hand the number of black and brown persons. 2 hands on nurses so don't tell me to get out more. We can push a mop, sweep a broom, or maybe security. People and places hire people like them, and tell people like them which is legacy you do not want to admit. Legacy is worse than DEI. We are not included only the few. Your world of merit and fairness does not exist.
My doctor is Indian. The past two times I was in his office I was first seen by 2 separate black female nurses. And my doctor's office is in Carmel, IN. Again. Get out more.

😄

APD_IUSOAAD_HeatherAkou01_SQUARE.jpg

By Heather Akou

“Yesterday, I was arrested by the Indiana State Police and charged with a misdemeanor for “criminal trespass.” I was also issued a statement by the IU Police Department, telling me that I am banned from campus for one year.

I am 48 years old. This is my first time ever getting arrested. I now have fingerprints and a mugshot on file. I had just joined a protest in the designated ‘protest zone’ (Dunn Meadow) at Indiana University… an institution where I have been paid to work for 20 years. You can draw your own conclusions about the absurdity of the charge and the ban.

I went to the protest zone to stand up for my students and their First Amendment rights to free speech. There are many things I could tell you about the things they are saying and what I think about them, but I’m going to tell you what I think is most urgent right now.

I had only been at the protest for five minutes when the State Police arrived. I guess I was thinking about other things and didn’t notice the armored vehicles. I did notice the police helicopter, which my colleagues (h/t Jason Jackson) have determined was hovering around campus for more than two hours.
Another protestor (a young, unarmed student) asked if she could hold my hand. She was shaking and I squeezed her hand to reassure her. There were two snipers on the roof of the union building with their weapons pointed at us. Since the police had tear gas launchers, a student passed around a box of goggles and surgical masks.

For ten minutes, an officer with a bullhorn told us to “take down the tents” or face arrest. I told the officer in charge that I was a professor there to support my students… I did not have anything to do with the tents. He said, “I understand,” but did nothing to stop the process. Behind me, students started taking down the tents. I guess it wasn’t fast enough.

I don’t know exactly how many police officers were there. They formed at least three lines, so maybe 60? They definitely outnumbered the protestors. Most were heavily armored in black (police) or camouflage (military). They were carrying metal batons and riot shields. When they started advancing toward us, they marched slowly in formation. We locked our arms together and I said a prayer for mercy and compassion.
The last thing I was told before I was attacked was to “get back behind the tents.” I said, “Why?” We should all ask ourselves “why.” What difference would it have made? Is it dangerous to express myself in front of a tent, but OK if I’m behind it? I was completely calm (I’m good in emergencies) and did not resist… there was no point. I had a baton mashed into the side of my neck and I was bruised and scraped by a riot shield. I was pushed to the ground and they started screaming at me to stand up, but I couldn’t do anything in that chaos.
22 people were arrested. An IU bus took us to an IU facility for processing before we were transferred to the Monroe County jail. Every single protestor was a student, staff member, faculty member, or alumnus. Not outsiders. Not armed. Not dangerous. The only physical violence that happened yesterday was caused by the Indiana State Police and the people who invited them to campus. The students are using words and tents.
The encampment is peaceful. There is no smoking, no drinking… everyone is very focused on their reasons for being there. If you want to know their reasons (which I'm sure are varied), you will have to talk to them. I encourage you to go. I heard they were playing board games last night.

I am a little roughed up, but I am fine. I am more concerned about my students and my colleagues… anyone who has not been banned from campus yet. This situation needs to change before people are seriously injured or killed. Just don’t tell the students to be quiet. They are learning so much right now.
I have made this public. Please feel free to share.”

It's a criminal racketeering enterprise.
I find it odd they have lasted this long. You would think after the summer of love these creeps would get a clear picture.

I remember when they protested in one of the black neighborhoods in Chicago back then. The neighborhood banded together and said gtfo you're bringing unnecessary heat on us and we'll end up paying for your mess with the local cops. That was awesome.

Willdog's vision of the United States:

Our country is still segregated and discrimination still exists. If you are on the other end of it . It is not funny. Even SNL ONLY hires comedians from mostly white clubs maybe a few blacks may get in. Some of the best talent comes from outside of those white clubs.

My doctor is Indian. The past two times I was in his office I was first seen by 2 separate black female nurses. And my doctor's office is in Carmel, IN. Again. Get out more.
Good for you , here I live there are none.

This is over...They are identifying these clowns as the same Antifa nut jobs that have been at it for years. My guess is today they start tearing down all these encampments and arresting these brown shirts for another photo op and to record the event. Should have known this looked all too familiar.

From a recruiting standpoint its pretty genius, what a perfect place for these people to try and grab more peeps, a university. I'm sure they will get a few, but hopefully these kids get back to class and have a bad memory of all this BS
I suggest a little sodium pentathol , inject a gps micro chip, and a weee bit of water boarding… then turn’um loose.

Follow the signal.

I suggest a little sodium pentathol , inject a gps micro chip, and a weee bit of water boarding… then turn’um loose.

Follow the signal.
Amazing, there's a good reason they haven't gone public with who is behind it. Everyone knows but too much of a dem donor? The guy should have been under arrest the first time someone was set free on bail and commited murder, but that's what they get away with these days.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I don’t know if you watched Bill O’Reilly last night, but I did, as I do every night. He named about 10-12 schools where demonstrations are taking place…the more troubled spots. Along with all the obvious East and West coast radical bastions of higher learning was said, “University of Indiana”. IU gets no respect, we all know that. He said the one thing they all had in common was they were run by Leftists. He ended by saying these protests will end and soon be forgotten once summer break arrives in a couple weeks.

I remember wearing a white armband at a protest rally in Dunn Meadow during the early ‘70’s, after Kent State. It was triggered by the Viet Nam War escalating into Cambodia. It was there I witnessed seeing a sign, “Dick Nixon before he dicks you!” I thought to myself…how clever, this play on words. I’ve repeated that story all my life, that visual. From Dunn Meadow, the protest concluded with an arm-locked march up the street to somewhere. I don’t remember exactly where because instead, a carload of us drove out to Yellowwood Lake and you all know what a cruise out to there entails with 8-track blasting.

Why are so many kids at these protests wearing K95 or surgical masks? Are they scared of catching something outdoors? Hiding their identities out of some deep-seated shame or fear? Making a political statement?

They have a future! No reason to hide your face!

There was a counterprotest against Hamas yesterday, I didn't get a good count but maybe 40 people. I watched it for a couple minutes. The Dunn Meadow people were advised by their leadership to stay away and not engage, this group stayed at Showalter and didn't engage.

At least yesterday we pulled off my view of the American Dream. Free speech all around and no attempt to silence the other side.

Someone asked why some in Dunn Meadow was wearing masks. I don't know about all of them, but fear of university retaliation exists.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT