ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell are schools supposed to do to stop the war in Gaza

they need to run the idiots off of the campuses across the country.
At some time during the Vietnam War a small group of protesters occupied a building on the campus of Notre Dame.
Fr. Hesburgh issued an ultimatum, leave within one hour or expulsion. Most left, those who remained were expelled.
College presidents need to grow a pair. Hesburgh had 'em even though he wasn't supposed to use 'em.

At some time during the Vietnam War a small group of protesters occupied a building on the campus of Notre Dame.
Fr. Hesburgh issued an ultimatum, leave within one hour or expulsion. Most left, those who remained were expelled.
College presidents need to grow a pair. Hesburgh had 'em even though he wasn't supposed to use 'em.
are these dumbasses pro hostage taking? or for raping and murdering people? if this was the US at war, maybe I could understand. but once again what is a university president supposed to do about two waring faction half a world away.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
The IU protestors want IU to divest from companies involved with the US military and to stop its partnership with Crane.

I do find the turning of tables on free speech interesting. Many of the same people who are for free speech all the time suddenly want these protestors locked up.

Do I think the protestors are, at a minimum, naive? Sure. But as long as they aren't calling for direct violence they have rights. Be careful in suppression of indirect calls, many of you cheering on Israel killing Palestinians (or Ukrainians killing Russians) would lose your right to speech if that is the standard.

The IU protestors want IU to divest from companies involved with the US military and to stop its partnership with Crane.

I do find the turning of tables on free speech interesting. Many of the same people who are for free speech all the time suddenly want these protestors locked up.

Do I think the protestors are, at a minimum, naive? Sure. But as long as they aren't calling for direct violence they have rights. Be careful in suppression of indirect calls, many of you cheering on Israel killing Palestinians (or Ukrainians killing Russians) would lose your right to speech if that is the standard.
Protest all you want but your protests should not affect my life or any others that don't want anything to do with the protests.

Similar to the Vietnam war, these protestors are contemptible and easy to hate.

And decades from now their stance will be proven correct.

they need to run the idiots off of the campuses across the country.
Do you think all the protests are spontaneous student expressions about the ME war, or are they engineered by Jew hating interests who have said for decades they intend to end Israel as a state?

I think it’s astounding that symbols like the swastika and confederate battle flags are banned on some campuses yet those same campuses celebrate the presence of Palestinian paraphernalia including specific support of Hamas. Those celebrations perversely prolong the conflict by sending the message to the Jew-hate ME community that they have support in America.

I agree. If Nazis and the KKK can demonstrate, so can these people.

Besides, the more exposure they get, the less popular they become.

You know, because they’re lunatics.

Do you think all the protests are spontaneous student expressions about the ME war, or are they engineered by Jew hating interests who have said for decades they intend to end Israel as a state?

I think it’s astounding that symbols like the swastika and confederate battle flags are banned on some campuses yet those same campuses celebrate the presence of Palestinian paraphernalia including specific support of Hamas. Those celebrations perversely prolong the conflict by sending the message to the Jew-hate ME community that they have support in America.

so much lumping...

• not everyone one who supports Palestinians hates Jews (some are jewish)
  • not everyone who wants Israel to stop taking Palestinian land by force wants Israel to disappear
  • not everyone who supports Palestinians supports Hamas

and no, they don't "perversely" prolong anything. LOL. WTF. the actual conflict is deeper and more nuanced than dumb college kids on campuses or dumb old guys on Indiana basketball boards.

my dude, I'm gathering this conflict is just a new fad for you. just an outfit you put on after 10/7, like many of the kids on the streets. So much talk, so little understanding....

So much lumping.
  • not everyone who wants Israel to stop taking Palestinian land by force wants Israel to disappear

and no, they don't "perversely" prolong anything. LOL. WTF. the actual conflict is deeper and more nuanced than dumb college kids on campuses or dumb old guys on Indiana basketball boards.

my dude, I'm gathering this conflict is just a new fad for you. just an outfit you put on after 10/7, like many of the kids on the streets. So much talk, so little understanding....
Your three points are obviously true. So what? I never said otherwise.

You’d probably find a handful if people out of a campus of 25,000 who support Hitler and more who deny the Holocaust. But those people are condemned. The Hamas supporters are accepted if not celebrated.

makes one think the Israel-Palestine conflict isn't as cut-and-dry as Nazism....
You are begging the question.

Why isn’t Hamas as cut and dried as Nazism? I can understand protests about Israel’s conduct of the war. But that isn’t what we see in all this campus turmoil. The protests are specifically and obviosly pro Hamas and pro- Palestinian. October 7 is as if it never happened. As I suggested, we could be seeing manipulation by anti-semites.

Reactions: indy1203
Has nothing to do with the President. It’s the university president and state police, perhaps, but not the feds. IU had protests yesterday and Whitten called in the state police. State police threatened to arrest if they continued and today they showed up again. Whitten backed down this morning and is now allowing protests to continue as long as they don’t campout overnight in Dunn Meadow.

This ain’t Nixon and Kent St with the national guard coming in. Feds learned their lesson with killing student protesters.

Here’s your president looking to repeat Kent St:

Last edited:
Reactions: nichlee
Has nothing to do with the President. It’s the university president and state police, perhaps, but not the feds. IU had protests yesterday and Whitten called in the state police. State police threatened to arrest if they continued and today they showed up again. Whitten backed down this morning and is now allowing protests to continue as long as they don’t campout overnight in Dunn Meadow.

This ain’t Nixon and Kent St with the national guard coming in. Feds learned their lesson with killing student protesters.
The President and Feds weren't involved in Kent State either. Song lyrics aren't usually considered historically accurate and "Tin soldiers and Nixon coming" in the song Ohio by CSN&Y is not accurate. Nixon didn't activate the Ohio National Guard and send them to Kent State, the Governor of Ohio called them up at the request of the Kent Mayor and sent them to Kent State.

Last edited:
I agree. If Nazis and the KKK can demonstrate, so can these people.

Besides, the more exposure they get, the less popular they become.

You know, because they’re lunatics.
This is true.

To add to that, I have very little doubt that most people don't know what the f*ck they are protesting about anyway--certainly not in the case in the Palestinian/Israeli dispute.

and the tossing around of the word "genocide" by people under the age of 25 is insane.

Marvin, I don't mind free speech. In fact we should all be for it because it is in the Constitution. What I am against the thuggery and intimidation of these protestors. Did you see that video where they were keeping a professor from going where he wanted to go? Free speech has nothing to do with impeding other's freedoms from movement. So whether we are talking about lying in the street and stopping traffic or keeping individuals from walking where they want to go then I am not for them.

The President and Feds weren't involved in Kent State either. Song lyrics aren't usually considered historically accurate and "Tin soldiers and Nixon coming" in the song Ohio by CSN&Y is not accurate. Nixon didn't activate the Ohio National Guard and send them to Kent State, the Governor of Ohio called up them up at the request of the Kent Mayor and sent them to Kent State.
I stand corrected and blame the Canadian then.

On the IU front, apparently Whitten gave the state police access to the IMU tower where they placed a sniper. I'm sure that move won't win any respect from faculty and students, who already can't stand her. I was in school at IU in the 80's, during the shanty town S. Africa protests in Dunn Meadow, and couldn't imagine this happening back then. Intimidation or actual reason to be fearful?

so much lumping...

I agree with a lot of what you've said here. I actually started typing out a longer post sharing some more thoughts, but I thought I'd share (possibly re-share?) this Sam Harris podcast as there is very little here I disagree with. Sam toes the line of being bluntly critical of jihadists and their sense of martyrdom and religious fanaticism while also leaving the door open for debate over Israel's retaliatory strikes on Gaza. In the end though, he's very clear - Hamas, Hezbollah and jihadists in general are clear in their intentions, are definitely an existential threat to Israel and need to be reckoned/dealt with.

There are what I believe to be hard truths about jihadists in this podcast, but I think that's necessary for serious discussion or debate on the current conflict. It's 42+ minutes long, but well worth a listen in my opinion.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978

Here’s your president looking to repeat Kent St:
They told them yesterday they could stay, as long as they took down the tents.

Marvin, I don't mind free speech. In fact we should all be for it because it is in the Constitution. What I am against the thuggery and intimidation of these protestors. Did you see that video where they were keeping a professor from going where he wanted to go? Free speech has nothing to do with impeding other's freedoms from movement. So whether we are talking about lying in the street and stopping traffic or keeping individuals from walking where they want to go then I am not for them.
Several of the protestors are professors. In the IU clip I saw yesterday the person speaking to police was a professor.

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT