ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell are schools supposed to do to stop the war in Gaza

Kinda jealous of the Sigma Chi dudes. Get a keg, and pop a a chair out on the front porch and watch protests on a sunny Friday afternoon. Next to an outside table at Malibu during Square protests, it doesn't get much better.
From the pics it looks like a meeting of the cult. Masks outside in a field, crazy hair, what you would imagine

The Sigma Chi house actually has a half Israel, half American flag hanging off the front of their house. The protest is down near the Union.

The Jewish Center across the street is blaring Zohan-like Israeli disco music. So funny.

Gonna finish a bottle than go do a walk through. Looks like a high dork component.

From the pics it looks like a meeting of the cult. Masks outside in a field, crazy hair, what you would imagine
The masks in a field cult and now the crazy hair cult. Good stuff.. Are they more dangerous than the masks in cars cult?

fwiw - Soros is paying $3800 to protest, you also get a free keffiyeh, and brick to throw.

Do you think all the protests are spontaneous student expressions about the ME war, or are they engineered by Jew hating interests who have said for decades they intend to end Israel as a state?
First, most Jew-hating bigots who vote will vote for Trump; with luck few of the students would do that.
Second, it's very easy to emphasize with the Gazans, who've had their world destroyed around their heads by Israel and been slaughtered in the tens of thousands by Israel. I presume that's what motivates most of the protesters; it should motivate a lot of people.
Third we have the right to talk about and protest about foreign affairs, even when powerful people try to confuse that with antisemitism.

Reactions: UncleMark
fwiw - Soros is paying $3800 to protest, you also get a free keffiyeh, and brick to throw.
LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! those signs are cardboard. soros' campaign gear is legit

e91c7191-9cca-4e6d-b03a-2429706464c7.sized-1000x1000.jpg

cult kids really seem to be enjoying all the fun that IU offers

Oh Hi Ann!! How are you? How's Sarah? She loving IU?
Ohhhhh I don't know. She says IU is complicit.

samba sighting tho

Last edited:
If you find yourself coming up with exceptions for speech you don't like, then you don't really support free speech.

The hard part is - I don't view free speech as black and white. I'm not saying that is what is required legally, but I have no problem with people voicing their opinion, even if it's offensive. But, protesting generally is appalling behavior, and that's before you start factoring in harassment, etc.

I hoped those in Cville got run over, much like those in the tents in Columbia.

Do I think the protestors are, at a minimum, naive? Sure. But as long as they aren't calling for direct violence they have rights.

In many cases, they have been and the consequences have been negligible. It's even gone beyond calling for violence, as there have been instances of harassments and physicals assaults.

The hard part is - I don't view free speech as black and white. I'm not saying that is what is required legally, but I have no problem with people voicing their opinion, even if it's offensive. But, protesting generally is appalling behavior, and that's before you start factoring in harassment, etc.

I hoped those in Cville got run over, much like those in the tents in Columbia.

Protesting is appalling? Would you say the Founders were appalling, weren't they protesting British rule?

Reactions: nichlee
Do you think all the protests are spontaneous student expressions about the ME war, or are they engineered by Jew hating interests who have said for decades they intend to end Israel as a state?

Here

In many cases, they have been and the consequences have been negligible. It's even gone beyond calling for violence, as there have been instances of harassments and physicals assaults.

And whenever that happens people should be charged. I have said often that a lot of Jan 6 protestors went, had their day, left. They don't deserve lumped in with people assaulting the capitol. Find the troublemakers and deal with them.

Actually quite a few Islamic people in the pack, wearing the checkered head wraps and all. 20 or so olds reliving the hippy days. I'd say mask % on the white kids is 80%+ 😄
That head scarf is a keffiyeh, pronounced kuh-fee-yuh. Go in the crowd and snatch one off one of them! 😉

First, most Jew-hating bigots who vote will vote for Trump; with luck few of the students would do that.
Second, it's very easy to emphasize with the Gazans, who've had their world destroyed around their heads by Israel and been slaughtered in the tens of thousands by Israel. I presume that's what motivates most of the protesters; it should motivate a lot of people.
Third we have the right to talk about and protest about foreign affairs, even when powerful people try to confuse that with antisemitism.
I love when a virtuous Democrat claims they have few anti-semites and racists among them. You have plenty among you.

Reactions: stollcpa

cult kids really seem to be enjoying IU.

samba sighting tho
What an unfortunate looking group of people. Just a couple hundred feet away, Co-eds are getting loose at Friday After Class.

So close in proximity, yet live in different worlds. I imagine this is what Apartheid was like.

samba sighting tho
My goodness. If that is not the Island of Misfit Toys, then I don't know what else possibly could fit into that characterization

Today about 100 professors are in Dunn Meadow protesting the arrests.
Riot gear and a sniper on the roof? Let's just exaggerate the response of unarmed college students peacefully protesting.. Ironically, the Israeli genocidal response is why this is happening in the first place. And no, this is not anti-Jewish, it's anti-Netanyahu and his government. If any of the protesters are making this about Jews, then they are using a protest as an excuse for antisemitism and have no business being a part of it.

That head scarf is a keffiyeh, pronounced kuh-fee-yuh. Go in the crowd and snatch one off one of them! 😉

Nah. Whole thing is pretty tame. The Israeli disco was great, but the Isis kids had a pretty decent drummer banging out some White Stripes.

I think they're running out of juice for the day.

Kirkwood's pretty hopping though. Might drop the kid off after track and hit Upstairs. 😄

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

samba sighting tho
not sambas. superstars. trash.

Also, why the masks. Seriously. Come on. Even if I agreed with you I'd probably ridicule you.

samba sighting tho

Eww... those people are the ones we should send to Gaza. Good to see none of the attractive people in Bloomington are interested in protesting.

Riot gear and a sniper on the roof? Let's just exaggerate the response of unarmed college students peacefully protesting.. Ironically, the Israeli genocidal response is why this is happening in the first place. And no, this is not anti-Jewish, it's anti-Netanyahu and his government. If any of the protesters are making this about Jews, then they are using a protest as an excuse for antisemitism and have no business being a part of it.
I have seen a better resolution pic, I am not sure that is a sharpshooter. I think they had police with tools to record faces, a monocular.

Reactions: larsIU
Actually quite a few Islamic people in the pack, wearing the checkered head wraps and all. 20 or so olds reliving the hippy days. I'd say mask % on the white kids is 80%+ 😄
A lot of those people are not Islamic wearing those. I’ve seen way too many blondes with them on.

At some time during the Vietnam War a small group of protesters occupied a building on the campus of Notre Dame.
Fr. Hesburgh issued an ultimatum, leave within one hour or expulsion. Most left, those who remained were expelled.
College presidents need to grow a pair. Hesburgh had 'em even though he wasn't supposed to use 'em.

IUSB, appreciate bringing Father Hesburgh into the discussion.

Offer this link about Hesburgh and the Viet Nam protestors at Notre Dame University, and how Hesburgh dealt with his personal opposition to the war while at the same time maintaining law and order on the campus.

The country could use more leaders such as Hesburgh these days.

Reactions: stollcpa
Riot gear and a sniper on the roof? Let's just exaggerate the response of unarmed college students peacefully protesting..

Totally over the top, and guaranteed to heat things up rather than cool them down. A really bad response. Whitten invited them in, but I can only assume the police were the ones who decided to go with a militaristic show of force.

Ironically, the Israeli genocidal response is why this is happening in the first place.

I would have agreed wholeheartedly had you not used "genocide." Israel's response has been reprehensible, but it's not genocidal. That word gets thrown around far too much and becomes cheapened in the process.

Totally over the top, and guaranteed to heat things up rather than cool them down. A really bad response. Whitten invited them in, but I can only assume the police were the ones who decided to go with a militaristic show of force.

I would have agreed wholeheartedly had you not used "genocide." Israel's response has been reprehensible, but it's not genocidal. That word gets thrown around far too much and becomes cheapened in the process.
Agree. Though the sniper could simply be protocol where there is a large gathering. Doubtful the best way to deal with crowd control.

It’s not unheard of for bad actors to target mass gatherings.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I agree... But how are protesters in Dunn Meadow... Literally THE place for protesting at IU affecting anyone's life? Sounds like it was a similar situation yesterday at Ohio State....
I didn't say the protesting was affecting anyone because I've not followed it close enough to even comment on it except to give my opinion about protesting in general.

I didn't say the protesting was affecting anyone because I've not followed it close enough to even comment on it except to give my opinion about protesting in general.

The price we pay for freedom including free speech is tolerating behavior which offends us.

Having said this, students attending a college are subject to all kinds of rules and restrictions which vary from school to school. What occurs at one school, especially when non students are involved, may or may not be indictative of protests occurring in general.

Anyone catch the video of Alec Baldwin being asked to say "Free Palistine"? Well it gets even better. Thanks Piers.

The price we pay for freedom including free speech is tolerating behavior which offends us.
I'm not talking about being offended. I'm just saying that anyone can protest all they want but they have no right to do things that disrupt other people's life that aren't protesting.... things like blocking doors, streets, or anything else that keeps people from continuing their every day life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT