ADVERTISEMENT

What is considered a fever in an adult?

Not an expert, but I have an opinion that should be taken as fact.

Mayo clinic says 100F in adults.

I think its relative.

My body temp generally runs at 34.5 degrees C or around 94F. Explains my cool as cucumber demeanour.
So if I was running at 39C or 102C I would be in shivering or near delirium scenario -- which I have from a cat bite.

Try explaining that every time to the various feckin' doctors at the hospital when they do their rounds. I had no street cred after a day or so -- here you have people dying from late-stage cancer... and you have me in the hospital due to cat bites. :confused:

I think its relative.

My body temp generally runs at 34.5 degrees C or around 94F. Explains my cool as cucumber demeanour.
So if I was running at 39C or 102C I would be in shivering or near delirium scenario -- which I have from a cat bite.

Try explaining that every time to the various feckin' doctors at the hospital when they do their rounds. I had no street cred after a day or so -- here you have people dying from late-stage cancer... and you have me in the hospital due to cat bites. :confused:
Why are cats biting you?

I run hot, no number but sweat easy. I got my covid shot at a local county fair where it was walk in and easy health dept administored and they ask me a little about seeming hot and I was like well I run hot and its about 95 and full sun out.

Why are cats biting you?

I run hot, no number but sweat easy. I got my covid shot at a local county fair where it was walk in and easy health dept administored and they ask me a little about seeming hot and I was like well I run hot and its about 95 and full sun out.
I was trying to stop a fight between two of my female cats. One of them was in her full fight mode and turned around and bite me in the wrist joint, deep till I was going into systemic infection within 4 days. Tabs weren't enough and eventually, I had to be dripped with antibiotics at the hospital for a few days.

Female cats are usually more difficult than male cats. When you have two female cats in the same household.... watch out -- unless they are siblings.

I was trying to stop a fight between two of my female cats. One of them was in her full fight mode and turned around and bite me in the wrist joint, deep till I was going into systemic infection within 4 days. Tabs weren't enough and eventually, I had to be dripped with antibiotics at the hospital for a few days.

Female cats are usually more difficult than male cats. When you have two female cats in the same household.... watch out -- unless they are siblings.
Jeezus. I have one inside fixed old male and feed whatever strays get dropped off in the area outside. Had to separate a few when there were a few too many around but always used a thick leather boot. I didnt kick hard but would get them apart enough to let them know.

Jeezus. I have one inside fixed old male and feed whatever strays get dropped off in the area outside. Had to separate a few when there were a few too many around but always used a thick leather boot. I didnt kick hard but would get them apart enough to let them know.

Mine were all strays that I picked up over a period of time. (I was feeding like 12 strays daily at one stage.)

The funny thing was the cat that bite me was a kitten that my ex-wife picked up and had difficulty integrating with her cats.

I guess it was her parting gift to me before she moved back to Stateside (and San Diego) -- a biter like it there wasn't enough pain caused by her before that.

Mine were all strays that I picked up over a period of time. (I was feeding like 12 strays daily at one stage.)

The funny thing was the cat that bite me was a kitten that my ex-wife picked up and had difficulty integrating with her cats.

I guess it was her parting gift to me before she moved back to Stateside (and San Diego) -- a biter like it there wasn't enough pain caused by her before that.
Cats are perfect killing machines. I had a stray that was the meanest SOB in the world besides to me. I found him as a kitten in the middle of the road driving , Never wanted to stay inside. He would come in my woodshop and know a fire was starting he was like a heat missle , lay in wood chips I could cover him in them and he didnt care but when he was ready to get out. I had a guy that owed me money he showed up with his sorry but true nasty daughter who was mean. Cat latched on to her and I had to pry him off. He was small but just the meanest SOB to anybody else . Sadly a raccoon got him and took a leg and I had to do what needed done.

• Wow
Reactions: sglowrider
Cats are perfect killing machines. I had a stray that was the meanest SOB in the world besides to me. I found him as a kitten in the middle of the road driving , Never wanted to stay inside. He would come in my woodshop and know a fire was starting he was like a heat missle , lay in wood chips I could cover him in them and he didnt care but when he was ready to get out. I had a guy that owed me money he showed up with his sorry but true nasty daughter who was mean. Cat latched on to her and I had to pry him off. He was small but just the meanest SOB to anybody else . Sadly a raccoon got him and took a leg and I had to do what needed done.

Probably trumatised as a kitten.

I have read it's 99F, or it's 100.4F. Any "experts" on here. :rolleyes:
When I had covid, the hospital had an automated system that you reported in daily. They didn't consider it a "fever" unless you were above 99.4. The highest mine ever got was 99.3, although I have a lower normal body temp and I'm generally feeling feverish above 99. Don't know if that's relevant, but that's the best answer I have!

and yet another example of why dogs > cats.

and yet another example of why dogs > cats.

I like both. They are just different characters. I have a friend who has one dog living with 6 cats. It's really cool to see how they interact. The cats bully him to an extent but he is also their sun and they revolve around him.

Reactions: birdforbogey
When I had covid, the hospital had an automated system that you reported in daily. They didn't consider it a "fever" unless you were above 99.4. The highest mine ever got was 99.3, although I have a lower normal body temp and I'm generally feeling feverish above 99. Don't know if that's relevant, but that's the best answer I have!
My wife was in hospital a couple of years ago with (pneumonia) and I think the facility's rule was if your temp was 100.4 you were denied entry.

My wife was in hospital a couple of years ago with (pneumonia) and I think the facility's rule was if your temp was 100.4 you were denied entry.
Actually, now that you say that, I think it was 100.4 they counted as a fever, not 99.4.

Reactions: largemouth
do you need more cowbell?
I was waiting for that.

0KRvaNy.gif

Reactions: PhishPhan682
Well crap, I tested positive. I was hoping it was a sinus issue. My wife tested negative and has no symptoms.
Sorry Buddy. Seems like this strain is maybe more transmissable but generally not as bad, so I hope you have a mild case. I know # of cases are rising, but it doesn't seem like we're having the same high percentage of hospital admissions or deaths. Whether that's due to vaccinations or herd immunity or some combination, hopefully we're on our way to it becoming more like the flu. That's where I think we end up: instead of cold and flu season, we're going to have cold, flu and covid season.

Well crap, I tested positive. I was hoping it was a sinus issue. My wife tested negative and has no symptoms.
Yes. And if your old lady is anything like mine she’ll be all “Don’t you look at me like that while you’re sick with that mess” and I was just like “But, baby, but PLEASE” and she won’t find that convincing *at all* despite my best efforts to construct a reasonable counter argument.

Sorry Buddy. Seems like this strain is maybe more transmissable but generally not as bad, so I hope you have a mild case. I know # of cases are rising, but it doesn't seem like we're having the same high percentage of hospital admissions or deaths. Whether that's due to vaccinations or herd immunity or some combination, hopefully we're on our way to it becoming more like the flu. That's where I think we end up: instead of cold and flu season, we're going to have cold, flu and covid season.
So today, I noticed a small amount of blood in my urine. Now what? This just keeps getting better.

Yeah, it can do a number on you! I guess google is your friend, but if that persists, I'd be calling the Doctor. Good luck mate!

I've not had her, but I hear good things about her:

77257390.cms

I think its relative.

94?

cmon dude. 96 maybe but that is insane

Found this;

Its funny -- one of my sisters & family all caught Covid on a biking holiday.
My brother-in-law just caught Covid while visiting me over here. Picked it up when he took a side trip up north to Penang where I am supposed to move. Then tested positive when he came back to SG a few days ago.

He decided to fly back to NYC today just in case it goes south and he would require some serious treatment.

Both my sister & family and my BIL (so far) had only the sniffles and some sore throat.

But they also all had their 2nd booster right before they flew out here.

I never took my 2nd booster and I was completely fatigued & dizzy for 10 days. A trip to the bathroom was like an hour at the gym.

Reactions: kkott
I've lost 10 lbs. My sense of taste and smell seem ok, but my apetite seems suppressed. Fatigue is an issue.
I don't know how different this strain is now, but when I had it way back in Oct '20, I recovered pretty quickly (3-4 days) and could work half days from home for the remainder of that week. After quarantining, I returned to work the next week, and was working full time, but when I got home at night, I'd often be in bed at 7:30-8 and was spent. That might've carried on for 6 weeks. I know I didn't workout or row for at least 6 weeks... didn't feel like I had the energy! That fatigue can be long-lasting! Hope you guys are on the mend! So, SGL, does that mean your lady friends are feeling neglected? I'm available for humanitarian relief if necessary! I hate to see suffering!

I don't know how different this strain is now, but when I had it way back in Oct '20, I recovered pretty quickly (3-4 days) and could work half days from home for the remainder of that week. After quarantining, I returned to work the next week, and was working full time, but when I got home at night, I'd often be in bed at 7:30-8 and was spent. That might've carried on for 6 weeks. I know I didn't workout or row for at least 6 weeks... didn't feel like I had the energy! That fatigue can be long-lasting! Hope you guys are on the mend! So, SGL, does that mean your lady friends are feeling neglected? I'm available for humanitarian relief if necessary! I hate to see suffering!

Yes. Major shrinkage. Truth be told it was a concern. Who knows if the under reported perma-penis shrinkage syndrome may HV inflicted me. Pea shooter syndrome as I have called it

• Love
Reactions: Radio Zero
Yes. Major shrinkage. Truth be told it was a concern. Who knows if the under reported perma-penis shrinkage syndrome may HV inflicted me. Pea shooter syndrome as I have called it
Well, I'm pleased to announce (to your harem) that I've conquered that condition and am as horny as ever! Give it time, you'll get there... and if not, tell your lady friends, relief is but a round trip ticket away!

• Love
Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT