ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to that team that blew out Marquette?

What a mess of a post. Immediate questions that I have:

1) you mention archie and the admin not being fully behind the basketball program in the same sentence. What are you saying here? Archie was one of the most sought after up and coming coaches in the country. Were you expecting something better? If so, what?
2) butler is your example of a program doing what it takes to win? Wtf? Butler is a nice program. They caught lightning in a bottle with brad Stevens. Now they are back to just being a solid program. I'm not sure what you think their admin is doing that shows more commitment than iu. Super weird. Please enlighten us.
3) you mention purdue doing well. Their results the last decade or so are damn near identical to iu. A couple of big ten titles, a few sweet 16s, no deep tourney runs. Why do you say they are doing well?
4) oh! There is is at the end. You just hate fred glass. I'm sorry, you cant post here any longer. Fpeaugh and iugradman have our quota met here on ad hate.
Pump that ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️!

Everything is good at IU!

Nobody cares what you think.

Reckon this means you're not taking questions. That's pretty lame Alice.

Thank you for asking in a courteous manner.

I remember a story from way back when IU would release its yearly athletic program news release, maybe a calendar, magazine, something like that. Knight noticed on the cover of the program that the men’s basketball prominence had been reduced to include other sports. He said he knew right then he wouldnt receive the support he needed to succeed as in previous years.

Yes, I realize that doesn’t ‘prove’ anything and maybe that’s just Knight’s ego talking. I don’t know all the particular machinations behind an administration’s support for a particular sport but I imagine an ‘all in’ attitude is just the start. It is good that better facilities have been built, but I would also add a separate living quarters for the team with all the doodads other schools have.
On a personal aside, I’m not even in favor of spending a zillion dollars for such a dormitory unless it is paid by private donations, but if you wanna win ...

Lastly, why do I believe the administration doesn’t have the program’s best interest in mind? Because of Fred Glass. I don’t hate Fred Glass just as I didn’t hate Ghost Tom Crean. Tom reached his high mark w Cody and Vic and shouldhave been replaced after the disastrous Syracuse game. But Fred Glass kept him and let mediocrity continue. I believe an AD, if he wannts to win at a high level needs to be ruthless. Fred just wants to be popular and make funny comments. I think an AD needs to make tough decisions, be willing to eat a contract, demand better schedules, that sort of thing. A successful business starts from the top and demands excellent workers. The administration might be great, the coach might be great, but middle management (AD) might be the issue keeping us from #6.

Again, just my opinion as an observer for forty years, not an athlete or even graduate of the school. Just a fan.

So Glass still being the AD is the sum total of your response to this:

Hesitate to ask but enlighten us: what is it Admin should be/isn't doing that would be indicative of being "fully behind the men’s basketball program" and that additionally constitutes "what it takes to win"?

Again, that's pretty lame.

It impresses me more to beat a team by 1 on a neutral site than to beat the same team by 30 at home.

Not when that team at home is A LOT better then that team on a neutral site tho.

I agree with everything else you said about ah absolutely.

But Marquette is continuing to prove that-that* win is our best win to date

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT