ADVERTISEMENT

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE OR NOT SEE TOMORROW V. PENN STATE

Crossblock

Senior
Jan 8, 2019
Here is my list of DONTS:
1. I don't want to see Us give up a big score early in the game. I have Flashbacks to that ridiculous kick off in Bloomington several years ago across field to try to pin Barclay in the Corner and watch Him, wave goodbye as He ran off and returned it for a touchdown. Don't out think yourself and try to be smarter by half. Kick the ball into or through the end zone and let them start at the 25.

2. Don't allow their Receivers to run unchallenged and free through our Secondary. Cover them all over and force Clifford to make decisions.

3. Don't allow Clifford to break contain and get on the Edge. Keep him inside and force him to throw between the Tackles. IMO, He isn't that good.

LIST OF DOS

1, Throw the ball more often on first down. Even if it is a flat or backfield pass serving as a long hand off. Be less predictable on first down.

2. Cut Freyfogle and Henderschott loose downfield. We have to get Freyfogle involved and making plays, Overall I can't complain about how we have used our Tight Ends. But I would like to see more passes in the 12-15 yard range.

3 . Penn State hasn't shown the ability to run effectively. Cut off their passing game and force them to run. I would consider using 6 DBs in passing situations. Use a 3- 2--2 -4 base and use Ball as a shadow on Clifford to limit his scrambling. Ball is big enough to play closer to the line of scrimmage to defend the run or pass, and quick enough to spy on Clifford and tackle Him effectively. You might also find situations and alignments to turn Mullen and Taylor loose on CB Blitzes that We haven't seen much this year. We have enough quality experienced DBs to make this work.

I want to see the continuation of Hendershot and the other TEs in the offense. Fryfogle needs to have a nice game along with Marshall/Hewitt. Get the ball to Carr in the passing game because he's talented. Get Penix comfortable with short and simple passes early.

Defensively, bring the first half defense we played against Cincinnati and it'll be a ballgame.

Well, I want to see IU win by kicking a 49 yard field goal. Something similar to Austin Starr’s kick over Purdue back in 2007. That was a fun win.

What I don’t want to see are IU turnovers or special team problems.

I just don’t want IU to beat themselves. There’s no shame in losing a game. It’s just a game after all and someone has to lose. I just hate to see them pull an Iowa game esque performance and completely crap the bed, because they’ve got so much potential.

1. I don't want to see Us give up a big score early in the game. I have Flashbacks to that ridiculous kick off in Bloomington several years ago across field to try to pin Barclay in the Corner and watch Him, wave goodbye as He ran off and returned it for a touchdown. Don't out think yourself and try to be smarter by half. Kick the ball into or through the end zone and let them start at the 25.

2. Don't allow their Receivers to run unchallenged and free through our Secondary. Cover them all over and force Clifford to make decisions.

3. Don't allow Clifford to break contain and get on the Edge. Keep him inside and force him to throw between the Tackles. IMO, He isn't that good.

LIST OF DOS

1, Throw the ball more often on first down. Even if it is a flat or backfield pass serving as a long hand off. Be less predictable on first down.

2. Cut Freyfogle and Henderschott loose downfield. We have to get Freyfogle involved and making plays, Overall I can't complain about how we have used our Tight Ends. But I would like to see more passes in the 12-15 yard range.

3 . Penn State hasn't shown the ability to run effectively. Cut off their passing game and force them to run. I would consider using 6 DBs in passing situations. Use a 3- 2--2 -4 base and use Ball as a shadow on Clifford to limit his scrambling. Ball is big enough to play closer to the line of scrimmage to defend the run or pass, and quick enough to spy on Clifford and tackle Him effectively. You might also find situations and alignments to turn Mullen and Taylor loose on CB Blitzes that We haven't seen much this year. We have enough quality experienced DBs to make this work.

What I want to see:

James Franklin walking across the field after the game to shake the hand of the winning coach.

What I want to see:

James Franklin walking across the field after the game to shake the hand of the winning coach.
Even better, right before he gets there a meteor falls out of the sky and makes him a grease spot in the middle of the field.

LIST OF DOS

Don’t get blown out. If we lose by less than 20 today is a success.

I want to see IU play all out with coaches making great decisions and leaving Happy Valley as the winner of the game shaking up the college game. Show the teams coming up they are in for a massive battle playing IU.

LIST OF DOS

Don't overthink. Don't need a new wheel. Fundamentals! Great assessment Crossblock.

Reactions: TMFT
giphy.gif

Reactions: TMFT and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT