ADVERTISEMENT

What a road win.

Wow, it's an epic road win against a team that should never beat you? There's a big difference between supporting the program and sticking your head in the sand, chest bumping after what should be expected road win against a bottom feeder. Good God, this used to be the type of game that wasn't getting you out of unwanted family obligations, because c'mon its f'n Nebraska and the outcome should be known, now we're storming the court over it?

The fact that some call beating Nebraska a big time win is a good example of how far the program has fallen , and how low the expectations are for some.

Only 7 road teams have won this year in the BT.

I don't see many "chest bumping" but a win on the road this year is a good win and you two downplaying it is irrelevant.

Only 7 road teams have won this year in the BT.

I don't see many "chest bumping" but a win on the road this year is a good win and you two downplaying it is irrelevant.
Good win and “big” are very different.

Whatever makes you feel better. Still won’t create some fairy tale result you’re looking for. Still a bubble team at best. Apparently that’s a successful season for you.

When CAM actually makes the tournament and wins a game will be a success. Sorry I don’t get excited about a win against Nebraska and hoping and praying we make the tournament. That kind of attitude didn’t hang 5 banners.

Wow, it's an epic road win against a team that should never beat you? There's a big difference between supporting the program and sticking your head in the sand, chest bumping after what should be expected road win against a bottom feeder. Good God, this used to be the type of game that wasn't getting you out of unwanted family obligations, because c'mon its f'n Nebraska and the outcome should be known, now we're storming the court over it?
Lol! You mad.

Reactions: MrBing
I’m glad you were a fan to ensure we were a successful program.
Some of the perpetually negative crowd have somehow convinced themselves that they will make IU great again by being 100 negative 100 percent of the time. I don’t get the logic. Well, it’s illogical. ;)

Reactions: MrBing and ufo33
When CAM actually makes the tournament and wins a game will be a success. Sorry I don’t get excited about a win against Nebraska and hoping and praying we make the tournament. That kind of attitude didn’t hang 5 banners.

There's a pretty decent chance that the criteria you spelled out happens this season.

Last night, I was excited about the development that Brunk has shown in just under 2/3 of a season under Arch. I was really pleased with Justin Smith's play last night. I'm encouraged that Rob is seemingly a bit more healthy each game than the previous game. I'm encouraged that Jerome Hunter's game is starting to come back to him. I'm seeing Franklin making the transition from raw freshman to a guy who's beginning to get it.

I know what the "attitude" was over RMK's tenure. I was in High School from the 73 FF through the '76 perfect season. I was at IU for the '81 (man did that team start out terribly) Championship.

I've seen more to be encouraged about this season. If you prefer to dump on everything, that's your choice. Enjoy your misery.

Last edited:
There's a pretty decent chance that the criteria you spelled out happens this season.

Last night, I was excited about the development that Brunk has shown in just under 2/3 of a season under Arch. I was really pleased with Justin Smith's play last night. I'm encouraged that Rob is seemingly a bit more healthy each game than the previous game. I'm encouraged that Jerome Hunter's game is starting to come back to him. I'm seeing Franklin making the transition from raw freshman to a guy who's beginning to get it.

I know what the "attitude" was over RMK's tenure. I was in High School from the 73 FF through the '76 perfect season. I was at IU for the '81 (man did that team start out terribly) Championship.

I've seen more to be encouraged about this season. If you prefer to dump on everything, that's your choice. Enjoy your misery.
Great point except this team doesn’t have IT, Tolbert, Jim Thomas , Wittman, Turner , even Bouchie. And they went 14-4 in big ten. You really think this team will do that?

Great point except this team doesn’t have IT, Tolbert, Jim Thomas , Wittman, Turner , even Bouchie. And they went 14-4 in big ten. You really think this team will do that?
Love that you brought up Bouchie because I am from Washington. He was a real hero to me as a kid. It might have been the championship game in 81, but I remember Steve getting a very important steal.

Love that you brought up Bouchie because I am from Washington. He was a real hero to me as a kid. It might have been the championship game in 81, but I remember Steve getting a very important steal.
Bouchie was an unsung workhorse in the Knight-molded tradition. How is Steve doing these days? Does he still find happiness on the family farm with profit in the soil?

Bouchie was an unsung workhorse in the Knight-molded tradition. How is Steve doing these days? Does he still find happiness on the family farm with profit in the soil?
My understanding is he is running the farm. Not sure if his kids are involved or not. He had a brother named Tom who was younger. One of his sons was a pretty good ball player who played with Tyler Zeller when he was at Washington.

Bouchie was a critical role player. Great effort and did the “ not pretty stuff”. Steve Eyl and Brian Sloan were very similar in that regard.

My understanding is he is running the farm. Not sure if his kids are involved or not. He had a brother named Tom who was younger. One of his sons was a pretty good ball player who played with Tyler Zeller when he was at Washington.
I remember the night his mom was killed in an auto wreck returning from a game.

The offense finally came alive. IU did have a size advantage and made a good effort to take advantage of it. Nice to see some 3's fall.
They fell because most came from paint touches and good ball movement. Do that, and percentages will go up. Getting better shooters will also help, but even a very good shooter will show poorly if they are taking bad shots

No, I don't think this team will do that. That team had Zeke and Wittman as guards. This team's best guards are just beginning to develop. I mean you brought up Turner and he didn't have any "dog" in him until that 81 season.

Winning a national championship isn't in the cards for this season. You seem to be saying that's what I implied. What I said was your own criteria of getting to the tournament and winning a game there is not really too far fetched.

Yep. Bigs played very well. Smith took a really bad 3pt shot as a heat check, but he played very well overall. Big time effort from the team in this game

I agree Rocketo. I have not been kind to J. Smith, particularly regarding what I perceived to be some disrespect of Coach Miller at times. But I have to eat crow today because Justin played a very good game against NEB. It was great to see him use his athletic ability to maneuver inside for good shots and cover his man on D. I also agree with those who believe any road win in the B1G is a very big win; particularly this year when so many conference teams are projected to make the dance.

Hatred? I just want IU to be a basketball power again
Only a few people here that don’t want that, and they are easy to spot and I have most of them on ignore. Wanting that doesn’t mean talking constant shit regarding the positives of this year. My god. Not many here thought we would be here at 14-4. We are, and so many still talking shit. Gets old dude. You can support the team, celebrate the positives and be critical of the negatives. Doesn’t have to be all roses or all turds

I’m an imbecile because I’m not pounding my chest over winning at 7-10 Nebraska? Ok

Quote ONE post that you consider the poster is pounding his/her chest?

Repeating for those with ignore syndrome, only SEVEN road wins so far in the BT and we have one of them. I like that.

BTW, as someone else pointed out, that is the same Nebraska team that beat PU and Iowa.

Reactions: MrBing
I’m an imbecile because I’m not pounding my chest over winning at 7-10 Nebraska? Ok

I don't see any chest pounding here. If you're somehow offended by people saying that last night was a big win that's too bad for you. Road wins in the B1G are few and far between. In the context of this season, it's a big deal...for any B1G team. if you want to go.all hyperbolic like some here and think that in his third season here Archie should have IU in the National.Championship conversation, well thats on you.

You haven't paid much attention as to how B1G teams are doing in the road this season have you?

We played Nebraska last night, not the BT conference. The BT is currently 2-2 @Nebraska. Nebraska also has 3 more home losses against lower mid-majors. It’s not difficult to win there.

Last edited:
We played Nebraska last night, not the BT conference. The BT is currently 2-2 @Nebraska. Nebraska also has 3 more home losses against lower mid-majors. It’s not difficult to win there.

And Iowa, who is one of only a couple B1G teams that have been better than horrible on the road lost there.

That's worded awkwardly but I'm watching football and don't want.to tweak it.

I don't see any chest pounding here. If you're somehow offended by people saying that last night was a big win that's too bad for you. Road wins in the B1G are few and far between. In the context of this season, it's a big deal...for any B1G team. if you want to go.all hyperbolic like some here and think that in his third season here Archie should have IU in the National.Championship conversation, well thats on you.
My point is everyone was jazzed up over beating MSU last year and looked how we ended. Season means nothing if we don’t make the tournament for 3-4 years in a row. Beating Nebraska on the road was an ok win, but it shouldn’t be a big win. If Archie makes tournament this year , then give him next year and see. But if not , they should start looking. If by year four , we’re not sniffing at the top of big ten and haven’t one a tournament game , same thing.

My point is everyone was jazzed up over beating MSU last year and looked how we ended. Season means nothing if we don’t make the tournament for 3-4 years in a row. Beating Nebraska on the road was an ok win, but it shouldn’t be a big win. If Archie makes tournament this year , then give him next year and see. But if not , they should start looking. If by year four , we’re not sniffing at the top of big ten and haven’t one a tournament game , same thing.
Number 1 - thought you retired.

Number 2 - can't we just enjoy a good win. It is a good win for this team and If they can keep improving isn't that a good thing. If you are going to un-retire then try to be a bit supportive. You just must be miserable all the time.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Some on here were saying Neb. was our ONLY chance of winning a road game, and that if we didn't beat Neb., then we could kiss the NCAA tournament bid goodbye. That sounds like a lot riding on the game.
Now, it's not a big game according to some of the same posters. Once again, we can argue the size of the game, but it was an important game for our tournament chances.
It's also important because you are one step closer to having to say goodbye to this board.

Whatever makes you feel better. Still won’t create some fairy tale result you’re looking for. Still a bubble team at best. Apparently that’s a successful season for you.
So, what the hell do you want?

You wrote off the Nebraska game in advance no matter how it was gonna turn out. It sure looks like you're just predicting doom and gloom and, when IU wins, you double down on your prediction so you can claim you're still right when you were wrong. So, more than anything else, you just want to be right.

And bubble team, you say? Nebraska's conference record today is the same as Ohio State's and only a half game worse than Michigan's. IU 's record is 1.5 and 2.0 games ahead of those two. Are Michigan and Ohio State such that you can dismiss them too, with virtually the same record as Nebraska's? That's unrealistic.

It's still too early to tell which teams are the best. At this point, 10 of the lowest 11 teams in the Big 10 are extremely competitive with each other. Six Big 10 teams or more are going to the NCAA. There is absolutely no evidence to support your claim that IU is just a bubble team.

Number 1 - thought you retired.

Number 2 - can't we just enjoy a good win. It is a good win for this team and If they can keep improving isn't that a good thing. If you are going to un-retire then try to be a bit supportive. You just must be miserable all the time.
It was a good win , I didn’t they would pull it off. I want them to do well, but I’ll buy into it more when it’s consistent. If CAM gets in the tournament this year , I think that will be a positive and he gets a pass for last year. BIG10 is tough this year , so making the tournament would be great progress, especially with this team.

Reactions: Al Bino
ADVERTISEMENT