ADVERTISEMENT

What a choke by Auburn

minneman

Senior
Nov 1, 2001
Two bad fouls in the last 1.5 seconds cost them the game. Obviously the foul on the 3 was a huge mistake but I think #6 at 1/2 court with 1.5 seconds left was a mistake. It gave Virginia a chance to set up an out of bounds play.

This after what was almost an epic collapse by UVa blowing a 10 point lead in the last 5 minutes.

Refs missed a double dribble that cost Auburn the ball.

Reactions: IUgradman
Two bad fouls in the last 1.5 seconds cost them the game. Obviously the foul on the 3 was a huge mistake but I think #6 at 1/2 court with 1.5 seconds left was a mistake. It gave Virginia a chance to set up an out of bounds play.

This after what was almost an epic collapse by UVa blowing a 10 point lead in the last 5 minutes.

Probably would have had to vacate it, anyways.

Overall it was a very good game. I enjoyed it a lot. When Auburn got down 10 it felt like 20. But they clawed their way back. As you said the fouls were the game there.

The ref blew that missed call. Thats bad.

The puke refs were doing their work for puke since their super team lost. They shouldn’t of called that. Had crean not screwed it up Kyle guy would of been at Indiana

Reactions: ufo33
Auburn played stupid to lose.
You let him shoot a 3 and if it goes in you lose 40% chance, you don't foul, 80% + chance you lose.

Reactions: minneman
You let him shoot a 3 and if it goes in you lose 40% chance, you don't foul, 80% + chance you lose.
Or better yet you let them take the 1/2 court shot instead of fouling. Probably less than 10% chance of going on.

Reactions: ufo33
Easy to say now but he was past half court and it might have been a not bad look. Either way i think virginia goes down monday.

Choke … it was stolen from them, a robbery as egregious as duke 92 … complete **** job by refs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT