ADVERTISEMENT

What’s it gonna take to change our losing culture?

We were doing it under Kevin Wison, and we just pulled the plug because he was mean. I mean we were back to back bowls, getting into that consistent Minnesota kind of range.

I'm all about a long term commitment to an offensive minded head coach. Offense wins games in CFB more than defense.
Lo and behold we did that under Allen too! And they were even bigger bowl games!

Reactions: vesuvius13
translation,

"i can't argue with your assertion that NIL rights can be assigned to the schools in exchange for fair compensation, because such transactions do take place every day, so i'll just attack you personally because you're saying things i don't want said".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you think you have a legal case against my assertion that schools can buy/have assigned said NIL rights for fair compensation, make your case.

i'm guessing you can't, because like i said, this goes on every day in business and industry.

thus why you didn't, and couldn't.

and i notice it's always the same usual suspects fighting me on this, and they never can back up their case.

i made my case. (and like i said, it goes on every day in business).

you think you have a legal case, then make it.

good luck with that.

i also made my case for why i think NIL is terrible for college sports, even though i have no problem with paying players something within the system, where there can be controls.

i also pointed out that NIL is largely a total and complete fraud and scam, and not NIL at all in the vast majority of cases.

if you think it's a good thing for college sports, make your case there too.

and the subject has been around since before either of us was born, not since 1996.
Translation: I don't need to "make a case". The court already made it. If what you insist could be done was actually legal, the schools would be doing it. The SC won't allow it. If you want to see the case against your assertion, read the decision. It's available on the SCOTUS web page.

But just to humor you, here's the short version. The court ruled that schools cannot prevent student athletes from earning income on their name, image, or likeness ( or most other forms of outside income). Therefore, any contract with a student-athlete requiring said person to sign over those rights to the institution would be an illegal, and therefore unenforceable, contract. It isn't rocket science.

I don't think any of them do. How would you like to kiss the asses of 17 year olds. I'm sure he would do what he has to do. Even though he may not like it.
It's the very reason he got canned at Florida. Others might hate it but they do it. He stopped doing it a la Bob Knight circa mid-90's and as a result, got fired.

Gainesville Sun, Nov 2021

The Athletic rounded up comments from anonymous coaches and staffers at other schools. This one from a “Power 5 recruiting staffer” was a doozy:

“Mullen is an embarrassment to the recruiting profession. Mullen has shown a propensity to be clueless with why recruiting is so important, and this just adds to what is already known out there: He doesn’t get it. By ‘it,’ I mean he doesn’t understand what it takes to be an elite program. Kirby was 100 percent correct.”

Those observations came from people who fully understood the context of Mullen’s Monday comments. But he was right, some people misinterpreted what he meant.

“Dan Mullen Says He Doesn’t Recruit During Football Season, Which May Explain Why Florida Sucks,” was the headline at Barstool Sports.

It's the very reason he got canned at Florida. Others might hate it but they do it. He stopped doing it a la Bob Knight circa mid-90's and as a result, got fired.

Gainesville Sun, Nov 2021

The Athletic rounded up comments from anonymous coaches and staffers at other schools. This one from a “Power 5 recruiting staffer” was a doozy:

“Mullen is an embarrassment to the recruiting profession. Mullen has shown a propensity to be clueless with why recruiting is so important, and this just adds to what is already known out there: He doesn’t get it. By ‘it,’ I mean he doesn’t understand what it takes to be an elite program. Kirby was 100 percent correct.”

Those observations came from people who fully understood the context of Mullen’s Monday comments. But he was right, some people misinterpreted what he meant.

“Dan Mullen Says He Doesn’t Recruit During Football Season, Which May Explain Why Florida Sucks,” was the headline at Barstool Sports.
Exactly what I said. You hate it but you do it. And the term "recruiting profession " Is that anything like a pimp?

Last edited:
Lo and behold we did that under Allen too! And they were even bigger bowl games!
Allen inherited a back to back bowl team and immediately had 2 losing seasons in a row. The Gator Bowl year was an unbelievable season. I don’t know what to call the covid year. I can’t discredit that. But we’re nearing Bill Lynch territory right now.

Wilson inherited a complete dumpster fire and slowly built a real program.

What part of DAN MULLEN DIDN’T RECRUIT did you not grasp from that information?
So you get your information from something called the Atlantic and Barstool. Kraft please. I put more stock in the weekly world news. BTW. Did you know they found a statue of Elvis on Mars?

Reactions: jsenleo
So you get your information from something called the Atlantic and Barstool. Kraft please. I put more stock in the weekly world news. BTW. Did you know they found a statue of Elvis on Mars?
It’s called The Athletic numbnutz. And Gainesville Sun. And any publication/site that covers UF football

Here we are again….midway through the football season and looking forward to basketball. Hell, I think the volleyball team is showing a lot of promise. We’ve been down this path so many times. I hate it but the fact is that we have a losing football culture. Always have but don’t always have too. It will take time but I feel we need someone to come in and blow-up everything and start over. New locker room signs, new traditions on game day, new ideas to get students and fans out of the tailgate fields and to stay, new pressure on the donors, whatever it takes, do something different. If we just keep doing the same old same old thing nothing will ever change. It’s literally the definition of insanity. In the meantime, I just bought my season volleyball tickets.
Better Fans.

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference".
-------------------------------------------------------------------

those thinking IU can just outspend schools that have more money than we do are beyond delusional.

those thinking someone without deep IU ties will stay long term if successful, are beyond delusional.

those who are happy with a couple yrs of success before said coach leaves and we are back to square one, i have absolutely zero time for, as i'm a long hauler.

how's that "changing coaches" thing been working out???

when we get someone with good character and IU ties, as we have now, we need to help him be successful, not go looking for a miracle in one of the worst home recruiting bases in the country with terrible attendance.

there are a lot of things IU has no control over.

attendance is one thing we do have control over, and attendance, thus game atmosphere, means a lot more to recruits than facilities. (which are already excellent from the stadium on down).

but attendance requires investment, and is an investment, just as much as anything else, which is a reality totally lost on the administration.

let's start by fixing what we actually have control over, and work out from there.
Way too logical for some of the mouth breather front runners to be encountered herein.

Glass should have hired a Director of Winning Culture. Or fire the loser head coach, and hire a winning coach.

Allen inherited a back to back bowl team and immediately had 2 losing seasons in a row. The Gator Bowl year was an unbelievable season. I don’t know what to call the covid year. I can’t discredit that. But we’re nearing Bill Lynch territory right now.

Wilson inherited a complete dumpster fire and slowly built a real program.
Not if you look at the two last classes and that is what coach Allen had to deal with two lower classes and a misbalanced roster.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT