ADVERTISEMENT

Western Illinois spread

Western got drilled by Northern Illinois , so I think we drop over 50 on them , and maybe give up 7 . I’m sure coach will want to clean up the mistakes he saw last game , and also will play a lot of players. This game is one in which the back ups will want to prove they deserve more playing time as the season goes on . For that reason I don’t think there will be much of a drop off when the non starters play . We might see all 4 QBs in this game . Main goal is get a win , see a lot of kids get some playing time , no one gets injured .

I hate games like this. Imo, you shouldn't go lower than schools like FIU, W. Kentucky, or FAU.
These games are super helpful when we have an untimely injury later in the season, and we have guys that have gotten reps and had the game slow down a little bit. As a fan, in the portal era, they're crap because the young guys that play, quite likely, will never play meaningful downs for Indiana and are producing film for their re-recruitment.

There might not be a line. Sometimes these games don’t.
That’s my guess.
We picked it up once we dumped the Louisville game. While I’d like a bit better competition, from a Western perspective a game like this probably makes their year as far as a payday.
paid $1 million to get out of a Louisville game that all fans would have loved. And now the Hoosiers will beat The Leathernecks by at least 50 and the stadium will be empty at halftime - if they don’t go the high school games instead.

Nobody on planet earth hated and was more humiliated to have bought out the Louisville game than me. With that being said, there is a huge difference between buying it out in year eight of CTA vs. year one of CCC. It ultimately came up roses for helping CCC get out of the box strong, and allowed us to gel 40 new players before the UCLA game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT