ADVERTISEMENT

Well, they passed us

5>0 Is all that matters to me!

back-to-the-future-train.gif

IU's management for the past 25 years is the pits. UK basically made Calipari retire and didn't have to pay a 33 million buyout, and this is a guy who had UK at the top of college basketball. Calipari hasn't been able to adapt as of late, and he got ran out of town. Imagine if IU had that commitment to winning. UK has had 3 coaches win a championship since IU's last.

The tragedy is that it's all self-inflicted. We have Knight guys in charge, and that's good for being ranked about 100.

IU's management for the past 25 years is the pits. UK basically made Calipari retire and didn't have to pay a 33 million buyout, and this is a guy who had UK at the top of college basketball. Calipari hasn't been able to adapt as of late, and he got ran out of town. Imagine if IU had that commitment to winning. UK has had 3 coaches win a championship since IU's last.

The tragedy is that it's all self-inflicted. We have Knight guys in charge, and that's good for being ranked about 100.
Calipari’s secret sauce was neutralized by NIL. He was exposed

Not sure I can ever recall someone as arrogant in a moment of achievement. Total turnoff.
Tbf, I don't know that Knight was arrogant at the moment of achievement but his arrogance ultimately led to his demise at IU. I'll take winning any day. UConn was a well coached team with balance and effort.

While it's admittedly hard to be objective about Edey, I've seen few players get the benefit of avoiding calls against him. Painter argues to watch the tape to validate how much Edey is fouled but in what limited part of the game I watched, they simply do not reciprocate on the same level of fouls he commits. I understand he has a right to his position but the numerous shoulder drops and elbow leads. NPOY should not insulate you from even calls. He's a great player no doubt but clearly benefits from what looks like apprehensive refs who are cautious to not look biased against him and his size.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
While it's admittedly hard to be objective about Edey, I've seen few players get the benefit of avoiding calls against him. Painter argues to watch the tape to validate how much Edey is fouled but in what limited part of the game I watched, they simply do not reciprocate on the same level of fouls he commits. ...
Yeah, 'watch the tape' and anyone including Purdue fans would see there's no way he gets fouled within an order of magnitude of how much he fouls. Officials either don't know what is a foul, or let him slide on purpose.

• Haha
Reactions: IndyGlen
Oh well. We aren’t really serious about basketball at IU, so we haven’t been remotely close to a title for a long time. A lot of teams will pass us.
We are serious about basketball. We will be amongst the elite in attendance, merchandise sales, probably top 5 in NIL spend, and we’ll continue to sign players that get drafted.

I think we are very serious about the business side of things.

are we serious about winning? That’s a different discussion.

Calipari’s secret sauce was neutralized by NIL. He was exposed
Not so much NIL but portal. Teams are now older and mature. He is still grabs top recruits…he said in the interview after the Oakland game. “I may have to evaluate my approach, we had 5 19 year olds playing against 23-24 year olds

He said after the game he told his team, "We are the best team in the country and PU is second." Is that arrogance or confidence?
It's arrogance. Often times the two are confused. Saying it to your team is fine. That's a private conversation. Because it's true and most everyone knows it and saying it after the game to a national audience is pure arrogance.

Reactions: BleedinGold
O

Would you still take him if he wanted to come to IU? And yes I know he wouldn’t even think about it.
Absolutely. I'll take winning and excuse the arrogance. Sounds better when the statement is about your team. However, it does not change the fact that it's arrogance. That said, I would not care for it.

I think about our prospects for 6 and nearly instantly start thinking about other, more realistic things.
lol
I posted on here after the knight firing that we had won our last one. I see no reason to backtrack on that statement.

Winning it all is really, really hard.

Tbf, I don't know that Knight was arrogant at the moment of achievement but his arrogance ultimately led to his demise at IU. I'll take winning any day. UConn was a well coached team with balance and effort.

While it's admittedly hard to be objective about Edey, I've seen few players get the benefit of avoiding calls against him. Painter argues to watch the tape to validate how much Edey is fouled but in what limited part of the game I watched, they simply do not reciprocate on the same level of fouls he commits. I understand he has a right to his position but the numerous shoulder drops and elbow leads. NPOY should not insulate you from even calls. He's a great player no doubt but clearly benefits from what looks like apprehensive refs who are cautious to not look biased against him and his size.
"they simply do not reciprocate on the same level of fouls he commits"

Spot on right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. If he will push his own player. lol
I think the one announcer of the game last night hit the nail on the head.... "Coach, your not at practice."
I feel he was so caught up in the game that it was just instinct that took over for him to do that.... plus the
frustration that the player was not doing what they had probably practiced and practiced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT