ADVERTISEMENT

Well Crap

you have to realize that any time you disagree with the administration on this or any such fan site, that you're going to get it from the administration's social media army on one side, and from fans who see backing IU on anything and everything as the loyal thing to do..

on a forum like IU FB where there aren't a ton of posters, that social media army will usually far outnumber detractors.

so just state your case, and accept going in that the university's white corpuscles will see you as an invading entity, and fight you off.

if they can't credibly rebut you on the merits because their case is weak, then they'll assault you personally in a "kill the messenger" move.

so once they are assaulting you personally instead of debating you on the merits, you know they know they have no case.

i wish things weren't like this, but it is what it is.

if your case is strong, some will see through all the blow back.

that said, being all negative on everything all the time, does hurt your cred when a dissenting voice does need to be heard.

Your hypothesis is correct. The problem is you have it completely reversed. He has done 99.9% of the personal a attacks with no backup to his claims. I offer him an olive branch and an easy way to join in a robust debate. We shall see if he takes it.

I have offered the same. All you need to do is fess up to what EVERYONE here already knows: the fundamental deception that your existence here is based on. Admit that and we can start over, or you can continue the masquerade that no one falls for.

C'mon..step up...we are an understanding lot we Hoosiers.
There's no masquerade and there's nothing to fess up to. At least that goes for me. You, on the other hand, portray yourself falsely here. You know it. I know it. And so much for my effort to move forward. As I strongly suspected, you seem hellbent on ruining this place for all, rather than simply trying to talk IU football. Your confirmation is there for all to see in your post.

Last edited:
you have to realize that any time you disagree with the administration on this or any such fan site, that you're going to get it from the administration's social media army on one side, and from fans who see backing IU on anything and everything as the loyal thing to do..

on a forum like IU FB where there aren't a ton of posters, that social media army will usually far outnumber detractors.

so just state your case, and accept going in that the university's white corpuscles will see you as an invading entity, and fight you off.

if they can't credibly rebut you on the merits because their case is weak, then they'll assault you personally in a "kill the messenger" move.

so once they are assaulting you personally instead of debating you on the merits, you know they know they have no case.

i wish things weren't like this, but it is what it is.

if your case is strong, some will see through all the blow back.

that said, being all negative on everything all the time, does hurt your cred when a dissenting voice does need to be heard.
He's not here to talk IU football, that's for sure. All anyone needs to ask is why he won't simply ignore me. Instead, he reads, he follows, he harasses. And he doesn't care if he blows up the board. It's twisted. But since he's portraying himself falsely on an Internet site, he decides to keep going because I outed him. Weird.

Pfft. Very weak storm. Naples, keys, Marco island took it bad. Everywhere else is fine. Only thing missing is power. Really no excuse for the cancellation. Lame. And yes, I live here without power.

It's not so much about the storm damage itself, it's about allocation of resources. Teams playing in Florida have to have adequate law enforcement and security detail. Much of the dilemma was not related to facility damage but things like dispersement of personnel into areas to help and adequate shelter (i.e., using hotels and available facilities to house those who have been displaced).

It's not so much about the storm damage itself, it's about allocation of resources. Teams playing in Florida have to have adequate law enforcement and security detail. Much of the dilemma was not related to facility damage but things like dispersement of personnel into areas to help and adequate shelter (i.e., using hotels and available facilities to house those who have been displaced).

The game was to be played in Bloomington.

Coaches and players in the affected areas probably wanted to return home to check on damage and schedule any repair or take care of any insurance claims. If they don't have power, they might have left again, but the disruption the week of a game would affect preparation. It would have been possible for them to still play, but there may be key personnel that had more damage than expected.

Nichols State played us despite Katrina forcing them to live and practice on the road for several games. They almost beat us in Bloomington.

Assuming we don't make the B1G playoffs, could we play the week after Purdue?

Looking back though. Nicholls cancelled their first game (@Utah State) that was immediately after Katrina. And while they were hit by the hurricane, they fared well enough and avoided flooding that Nicholls St facilities were used as shelters for displaced people from New Orleans. They were even able to play a home game the week after IU. They had another cancellation that, but that was because another hurricane (Rita) hit on gameday.

So it looks as if Nicholls is making the exact same decision that FIU did

Actually, I've wondered if you are the same person I have ignored under a different handle.
I've only been this person, so no. I'm mildly curious to know who has a few people here so upset and, maybe more importantly, why. The attacks have been "interesting", to say the least. I know what's behind one person's, but in the dark about a couple others. Don't lose sleep over it.

It seems there are many more posts containing personal attacks these days than back in the good old days. I am not part of any group that attacks those who are critical of aspects of the IU football program. I believe it was referenced as "university's white corpuscles." As a matter of fact, I have noted concerns and have not assumed success under the present administration or staff. Even with posting opinions contrary to those who see roses in our immediate future, I have not been subject to any attacks and maybe it is because I don't seek to attack folks when I express an opinion or post a thought. That said, there are a few on this board who debate/discuss issues by utilizing personal attacks as to football knowledge, general intelligence or worse. It is bothersome and should stop. You can express your opinion without insults. Some would say to just block those individuals, but the problem is they ruin good threads with insults that become attacks back and forth. Often the subject matter is lost in the skirmish. Personally, I would like to see those who undertake repeated personal attack get a moderator-enforced timeout. Maybe folks would work a little harder at expressing their opinions without insults. Just my two cents.

The game was to be played in Bloomington.

Correct....but many of these FIU players have had to return to Florida to assist with displaced family. I think it wasn't so much about the travel north. It was their concern about having their entire athletic department on the road for 2 weeks when they felt they should be back home assisting and getting back to normal. That's how I took the cancellation on their part: a need to return to campus to reorient and regroup.

Stop acting like a 5 year old then because people like you are ruining this board.

I tried to work with the guy for the good of the board. If you can't see that by all means go back to arguing with him and put me on ignore. You were the one guy he actually got the better of around here so he will welcome the opportunity. As for, me...I give up.

Correct....but many of these FIU players have had to return to Florida to assist with displaced family. I think it wasn't so much about the travel north. It was their concern about having their entire athletic department on the road for 2 weeks when they felt they should be back home assisting and getting back to normal. That's how I took the cancellation on their part: a need to return to campus to reorient and regroup.

As of yesterday morning at 7:45am they were still in Birmingham as a team (per the Miami Herald, see link): http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/c...&utm_source=www.miamiherald.com-RelayMediaAMP

I thought I read in another article somewhere that they hoped to return today but it's not worth my time to find it.

Fred was willing to bend over backwards to get them up here and help them out. No joy.

Now if they are just hanging out in Birmingham and not getting home until 2 days prior to our game time at the earliest, AND the governor of FL has asked all evacuated residents to take their time getting back home so emergency services can do their job in encumbered..., one can come to their own conclusion as to why they cancelled...

Remember that they played in Birmingham last F (against an opponent they could beat) and have all their equipment with them along with access to UABs practice facility and if they had come up here and stayed (on IUs dime) they would have had access to ours...

They don't appear to be helping anyone but their coaches & ADs record as far as I can tell (but hey, I'm an evil fellow, totally unsympathetic to the plight of my fellow man...(d.w.s.). Remember also that Butch is now recruiting head to head with us now in S FL he can't very well tell them FL Intl is the better team after we just waxed him 59-0...

At any rate, I'm pleased with the outcome, turns out they've accidentally done us a favor: we get a few extra days to prep for the Flexbone and get a better opponent to boot (per Sagerins ratings).

Last edited:
I tried to work with the guy for the good of the board. If you can't see that by all means go back to arguing with him and put me on ignore. You were the one guy he actually got the better of around here so he will welcome the opportunity. As for, me...I give up.
I have put him on ignore and so should you

I've only been this person, so no. I'm mildly curious to know who has a few people here so upset and, maybe more importantly, why. The attacks have been "interesting", to say the least. I know what's behind one person's, but in the dark about a couple others. Don't lose sleep over it.
Attacks? You've given as much as you have received. I remember your first posts were full of trolling material begging for a response. The rate you posted in the beginning and the content suggested to me you were either from Purdue or one of the unpopular posters that had suddenly disappeared.

you

It seems there are many more posts containing personal attacks these days than back in the good old days. I am not part of any group that attacks those who are critical of aspects of the IU football program. I believe it was referenced as "university's white corpuscles." As a matter of fact, I have noted concerns and have not assumed success under the present administration or staff. Even with posting opinions contrary to those who see roses in our immediate future, I have not been subject to any attacks and maybe it is because I don't seek to attack folks when I express an opinion or post a thought. That said, there are a few on this board who debate/discuss issues by utilizing personal attacks as to football knowledge, general intelligence or worse. It is bothersome and should stop. You can express your opinion without insults. Some would say to just block those individuals, but the problem is they ruin good threads with insults that become attacks back and forth. Often the subject matter is lost in the skirmish. Personally, I would like to see those who undertake repeated personal attack get a moderator-enforced timeout. Maybe folks would work a little harder at expressing their opinions without insults. Just my two cents.

Overall, I think these attacks have always occurred, I think the biggest problem is that the Mods have been completely MIA recently. I'm not advocating necessarily for outright bans, but generally threads like this would get locked or deleted in the past before they spiraled out of control. Allowing them to continue like this has just facilitated the animosity and made the situation worse.

Reactions: muubell
Overall, I think these attacks have always occurred, I think the biggest problem is that the Mods have been completely MIA recently. I'm not advocating necessarily for outright bans, but generally threads like this would get locked or deleted in the past before they spiraled out of control. Allowing them to continue like this has just facilitated the animosity and made the situation worse.
I have one mod on ignore as they contribute too much to the negative discourse and the sharing of views opposing his. I ignored a couple of his minions as well.

Banning isn't necessary. People that troll and constantly harass others will go away if people don't respond. The ignore feature doesn't stop them from posting, but it makes my experience with the board more pleasant. It also eliminates the possibility I will respond to them. I often ignore Purdue people with post counts in single digits. I know they rarely get banned and I don't need to waste time with them.

I've already ignored the one, and I'm about to ignore everyone that argues with him/her. Can't see her/his posts anymore, but all of these others I can tell are in response to those that I cannot see. It's beyond old.

It's one guy who is at the center of virtually everything that's ugly, but I'm starting to think that the handful of people (or less) who try to reason with him are as crazy as he is.

Reactions: Flooded Timber
It's one guy who is at the center of virtually everything that's ugly, but I'm starting to think that the handful of people (or less) who try to reason with him are as crazy as he is.

I would not go as far as crazy, but I think the point might be that the guy will never refrain from attacks, so we should just let it go. Nothing needs proven. Anyone who has spent time on this board knows the score, so to speak.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I have one mod on ignore as they contribute too much to the negative discourse and the sharing of views opposing his. I ignored a couple of his minions as well.

Banning isn't necessary. People that troll and constantly harass others will go away if people don't respond. The ignore feature doesn't stop them from posting, but it makes my experience with the board more pleasant. It also eliminates the possibility I will respond to them. I often ignore Purdue people with post counts in single digits. I know they rarely get banned and I don't need to waste time with them.

Not asking for information as to who you blocked, but who are the mods now. In the past there was a place to locate that information on this site. Does that still exist? Where? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Not asking for information as to who you blocked, but who are the mods now. In the past there was a place to locate that information on this site. Does that still exist? Where? Thanks for any help you can provide.
I haven't noticed it lately, but moderators were identified in their profiles on the left side of the screen. I don't know, nor does it really matter, who all the moderators are. I never tried to look up a list of moderators, so I don't know if it exists. Maybe a moderator can post a reply.

Guilty. I nievely thought I could create some peace, I failed miserably and certainly won't try again.

This has always been Courtsense's crusade, for a very specific reason that he's well aware of (and, no, it's not because I'm some other poster). He knows the reason he's chosen to attack me at every opportunity, and he's chosen to back away for obvious reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT