ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Tim Weaver!

I hope his committing doesn't mean we have been shut out on the other "bigger fish" O-Linemen.
The lines are where the games are decided. We must start getting better recruits and start doing a better job of getting them B1G Ten ready if we want to seriously start challenging the middle to upper tier in the Conference. JMHO. Nothing against this young man and I will be cheering him on for wanting to be a Hoosier, but we need to step it up in the O-Line/D-Line areas.

Reactions: hometownfan
He is all of 6’5 and I like PA kids (usually gritty). He definitely had Syracuse & Rutgers offers so not competing with the MAC here. Glanced at his twitter, it looked like he may have had PSU offer (or seemingly interest). Like IU adding bodies and you probably aren’t all-state in PA if you aren’t pretty good. And wanting to be at IU does help the team aspect. Don’t want any with buyers remorse or settling for type recruits.

Still excited to see the final four.

Welcome aboard. I think this is exactly the type of player we want to add to our roster. Appears to be be someone who we can count on. Dependable player who can make solid contribution to our program

Reactions: Sassy61
Welcome aboard. I think this is exactly the type of player we want to add to our roster. Appears to be be someone who we can count on. Dependable player who can make solid contribution to our program
I think we are looking for high rated three and four star players. Not that two star players do not work out but let’s be realistic.

Reactions: fpeaugh
I love how this is always looking for work. He runs around pretty well for a big guy. Looks like he may have a mean streak in him. Not much showing with a man on him. Also not a lot of pass pro, really don’t understand his lack of offers. But that’s ok with me, I think he he is a keeper. Looking forward to see how he progresses.

Reactions: Sassy61 and Walt542
I love how this is always looking for work. He runs around pretty well for a big guy. Looks like he may have a mean streak in him. Not much showing with a man on him. Also not a lot of pass pro, really don’t understand his lack of offers. But that’s ok with me, I think he he is a keeper. Looking forward to see how he progresses.
My understanding is if a guy doesn’t participate in events where coaches and scouting is taking place, it hurts the offer list unless their abilities are so great everyone is talking. I have no idea if he camped much but I do find the process interesting. The kid has a mind to go with the body.... I’m glad he is here and will certainly contribute on many levels.

My understanding is if a guy doesn’t participate in events where coaches and scouting is taking place, it hurts the offer list unless their abilities are so great everyone is talking. I have no idea if he camped much but I do find the process interesting. The kid has a mind to go with the body.... I’m glad he is here and will certainly contribute on many levels.
I know what you are saying I don’t really take a lot stick in the star system. But I am surprised by his lack of offers based on his highlight film. He shows great ability to run. He plays to the whistle. He is able to finish blocks. He has size. Yes there is not a lot of pass pro and he might be a waist bender instead of a knee bender which can be fixed. He Spears to have a lot of upside.

Reactions: Sassy61
I know what you are saying I don’t really take a lot stick in the star system. But I am surprised by his lack of offers based on his highlight film. He shows great ability to run. He plays to the whistle. He is able to finish blocks. He has size. Yes there is not a lot of pass pro and he might be a waist bender instead of a knee bender which can be fixed. He Spears to have a lot of upside.

I'm also surprised he doesn't have more offers.

He plays at a 4A school (out of 6A), but the school he plays at is a power football school, so that doesn't explain it. Perhaps, as others have said, he didn't attend any/many camps.

On his you tube video, he is manhandling people and making blocks 25-30 yards downfield. He's not fast, but I've definitely seen slower IU OL.

Edit: I also saw where Weaver is one of 18 offensive players chosen for the Big 33 game with Ohio.......Katic was not chosen for that team.

Reactions: ESalum86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT