ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Visits

I have also seen on Twitter that Jared Hopper plans to make an official this weekend and was offered today. He is a S and one of DeBoer’s previous recruits who played in California this past year. I believe that Latrell Jean is expected to take an official this weekend (SDE Fla.).

Weaver was recently offered along with Johnson which makes me uneasy about how the staff feels regarding some of the other OL they have been recruiting for a while (Ike, Allen, Dawand Jones).

At the 247 site there's some video of Weaver--see his bio on the targets page. Although his only P5 offers are IU & Rutgers and he doesn't have any/many stars, to me is video is impressive. Looks ultra competitive and somewhat nasty. Plus he can run a little. On a couple of plays he was blocking 30 yds downfield.

At the 247 site there's some video of Weaver--see his bio on the targets page. Although his only P5 offers are IU & Rutgers and he doesn't have any/many stars, to me is video is impressive. Looks ultra competitive and somewhat nasty. Plus he can run a little. On a couple of plays he was blocking 30 yds downfield.

I found him on rivals....he's a 2* with 23 offers, but only P5 offers are IU, Rutgers, and Virginia. He has a lot of offers from smaller, academically elite schools. Take a look at his 247 video & see what you think.

Could be a lot of positive vibes on the board and around the program if IU ends strong with 5 solid pick ups. I don't follow recruiting closely enough to know who's who really, but I am very optimistic that of the 5 they get, at the very least, there will be good talent/great potential who many need to RS a year, all the way up to some possible high 3, or 4 star types who may contribute soon. Stack those classes of talented kids and next thing you know you're in the B10 mix!

Could be a lot of positive vibes on the board and around the program if IU ends strong with 5 solid pick ups. I don't follow recruiting closely enough to know who's who really, but I am very optimistic that of the 5 they get, at the very least, there will be good talent/great potential who many need to RS a year, all the way up to some possible high 3, or 4 star types who may contribute soon. Stack those classes of talented kids and next thing you know you're in the B10 mix!
I absolutely agree with this. CTA is building for the future by stacking talent and that's what many don't understand. I love what he is doing with this program

Reactions: Sassy61
as nice as it would be to get K. Williams, it sounds like Latrell Jean is more likely

Reactions: 76-1
as nice as it would be to get K. Williams, it sounds like Latrell Jean is more likely

I like Jean. He seems to have wanted to be here from early on.

On paper..., he appears to be a full size DE who could possibly grow into a quick DT...

Last edited:
Reactions: ESalum86
It is great to see IU going toe to toe with some traditional recruiting powers Oregon, Oklahoma, Penn State. Hopefully we can wrestle a couple guys away and get them to Bloomington. Also would be great to tap into some of that Polk county talent and Lakeland.

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT