ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Visits

Big Red Crimson Buffalo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Important recruiting weekends coming up.

TJ Jones and Cecil Powell are coming in this weekend.

Jones would be a big pickup out of Florida. He’s supposedly a Penn State lean and has 39 offers.

Powell is a verbal to Baylor but visiting other schools.

Jonathan Allen - could be down to IU and UK.

Ike - Oklahoma?

Booker

Is Latrell Jean still being recruited?

Reactions: ESalum86
Not a great weekend to visit Indiana especially for the kids from the south. With the weather forecast for snow and high winds plus temps going below zero.

Not a great weekend to visit Indiana especially for the kids from the south. With the weather forecast for snow and high winds plus temps going below zero.

That's the mentally tough test...;)

Heck, this time of year they'd be spending most of their time in class, inside studying, or in the weight room anyway.

If a kid gets spooked by winter IU isn’t the school for them. But I think most get past that as plenty of kids from south go play at UM, OSU or PSU. And we have a third of team practically from FL/GA. Don’t think that’s an issue for anyone making a visit.

Reactions: 76-1
I live in Florida. I am going to the beach today. Much more fun than sledding.
Great day here in the snow. Snow makes winter tolerable
Take them sledding- they’ll have a blast!
Well what fun, we went out drifting...Donuts in the local huge parking lot...Carmel High school parking lot after they lost their first game of the season in B-Ball. Anyways love the snow and hope I never get tired of it! Not the best for packing for snowballs or snowmen but still, always an adventure when it snows! :) Love my seasons!

Reactions: kobis18
Important recruiting weekends coming up.

TJ Jones and Cecil Powell are coming in this weekend.

Jones would be a big pickup out of Florida. He’s supposedly a Penn State lean and has 39 offers.

Powell is a verbal to Baylor but visiting other schools.

Jonathan Allen - could be down to IU and UK.

Ike - Oklahoma?

Booker

Is Latrell Jean still being recruited?
Too bad deboer wasn't here for TJ Jones's visit.

Good news though. Minny replaced their DL coach. Might be able to flip DT. Kristian Williams.

Too bad deboer wasn't here for TJ Jones's visit.

Good news though. Minny replaced their DL coach. Might be able to flip DT. Kristian Williams.
Williams is supposed to visit Oregon this coming weekend, and TJ Jones is visiting Penn State, so we have our work cut out for us with those 2. And Jonathon Allen now seems to be leaning toward UC after his visit there.

No one comes to IU for the weather, so, there's that. Plus, you can look at it different ways, such as: if they enjoy their visit when the weather is at it's worst, they know they will always enjoy it here. Maybe a slight stretch, but nonetheless.

I live in Florida. I am going to the beach today. Much more fun than sledding.
Meh...sometimes, but I sure as hell wouldn't want beach weather year 'round. I would NEVER live somewhere without changing seasons(& I mean CHANGING seasons, not 90 to 70). Idk how anyone does, unless you're raised in such a place.

I live in Florida I hate the beach ... Red Tide.. sea Lice ... too sandy. I do like the sights and the temperature. I did like sledding... gated temperature.
The Palmetto bugs--YUK YUK YUK! Giant cockroaches is what they are, & impossible to keep out of the house, at least that was the case where I lived(Central Fla.). Mostly though, the humidity in the summer is just downright inhumane. Literally as bad as the cold here in the winter. Might as well just live in a sauna.

Reactions: jsenleo and 76-1
The Palmetto bugs--YUK YUK YUK! Giant cockroaches is what they are, & impossible to keep out of the house, at least that was the case where I lived(Central Fla.). Mostly though, the humidity in the summer is just downright inhumane. Literally as bad as the cold here in the winter. Might as well just live in a sauna.
A sauna is Phoenix. As a runner you CANNOT run there from June through September sometimes the temperature does not drop below 110 even at 5 in the morning. At lease when I lived there back in the early 80's then again in the late 90's.

A sauna is Phoenix. As a runner you CANNOT run there from June through September sometimes the temperature does not drop below 110 even at 5 in the morning. At lease when I lived there back in the early 80's then again in the late 90's.
Please, don't get me started. Phoenix is like an oven in the early stages of heating--there's zero humidity--it ain't anywhere near a sauna. All you have to do is stay out of the sun, & you're good. I'd take 110 in Phoenix over 85 here, let alone Florida. You ever hear of historical heatwave deaths in Phoenix? Nope. You hear of many of them in the east--that's entirely due to HU-F#$%^ING-MIDITY.

Please, don't get me started. Phoenix is like an oven in the early stages of heating--there's zero humidity--it ain't anywhere near a sauna. All you have to do is stay out of the sun, & you're good. I'd take 110 in Phoenix over 85 here, let alone Florida. You ever hear of historical heatwave deaths in Phoenix? Nope. You hear of many of them in the east--that's entirely due to HU-F#$%^ING-MIDITY.
Dry heat my a$$ 110 is a f*cking Hundred and Ten dry or not. Its miserable walking across a parking lot. And thats when its cool in the summer, its usually 115. I agree humidity is unbearable and I have lived in both Phoenix and Tampa as well as many other cities. BUT I laugh when people say dry heat. Maybe 95 is okay in dry heat but when you crank up to 110 it sucks! You can't do anything athletic outside period except swim.

Dry heat my a$$ 110 is a f*cking Hundred and Ten dry or not. Its miserable walking across a parking lot. And thats when its cool in the summer, its usually 115. I agree humidity is unbearable and I have lived in both Phoenix and Tampa as well as many other cities. BUT I laugh when people say dry heat. Maybe 95 is okay in dry heat but when you crank up to 110 it sucks! You can't do anything athletic outside period except swim.
Well, laugh all the way to the cooling center, because humidity makes 100% of the difference, to me. That heat out there ain't S#!+!! I used to work in similar heat in New Mexico, & the sun is deadly--no question--you can't just be out in that sun all day, but as far as comfort, it's night & day different. Now,to each their own, of course, & I've always been particularly sensitive to humidity, so maybe it's just me, or moreso me than others, such as yourself, obviously, but I wish I could have western weather here in the summer. & winter, for that matter.

Well, laugh all the way to the cooling center, because humidity makes 100% of the difference, to me. That heat out there ain't S#!+!! I used to work in similar heat in New Mexico, & the sun is deadly--no question--you can't just be out in that sun all day, but as far as comfort, it's night & day different. Now,to each their own, of course, & I've always been particularly sensitive to humidity, so maybe it's just me, or moreso me than others, such as yourself, obviously, but I wish I could have western weather here in the summer. & winter, for that matter.
I lived alot of places out west for work and travelled regularly. LA, Orange County, San Diego, Phoenix, Vegas, Reno, Sunnyvale, Dallas and Denver (californication ruined Denver I lived there before it happened and after!). I love the climate in all except the summers in Phoenix. I grew up in Elkhart and the first thing I always noticed when driving home was how lush it is east of the Mississippi river. There are Trees :) To each his own, I too enjoy the seasons plenty. When my brother and I lived in SoCal it was the same weather every day. Its nice but if you grow up experiencing season change you grow to like it. Out west it goes from green to brown. The aspens are pretty but nothing like the midwest colors in the fall. Its all a matter of opinion but give me my seasons!

Reactions: Pigalow
I lived alot of places out west for work and travelled regularly. LA, Orange County, San Diego, Phoenix, Vegas, Reno, Sunnyvale, Dallas and Denver (californication ruined Denver I lived there before it happened and after!). I love the climate in all except the summers in Phoenix. I grew up in Elkhart and the first thing I always noticed when driving home was how lush it is east of the Mississippi river. There are Trees :) To each his own, I too enjoy the seasons plenty. When my brother and I lived in SoCal it was the same weather every day. Its nice but if you grow up experiencing season change you grow to like it. Out west it goes from green to brown. The aspens are pretty but nothing like the midwest colors in the fall. Its all a matter of opinion but give me my seasons!
That's what we have that Idk if I could live without--fall color. Best time of the year by far.

JohnsyRisk, are you aware of any recruits you feel like we are in the lead to land? Thanks
Think they have a good chance to flip S Cecil Powell from Baylor (who visited last weekend) and OL Tim Weaver from Rutgers (who is visiting this weekend), and I don’t think they are out of it with TJ Jones or Jonathon Allen. Just saying Jones is visiting PSU , so if they really push for him we don’t win that battle often, and Allen seemed to like his Cincy visit along with the fact that his sister might also go to UC.
We also offered OL Cam’Ron Johnson from Texas today, but have no idea what our chances are there, probably not high if he doesn’t visit.

I have also seen on Twitter that Jared Hopper plans to make an official this weekend and was offered today. He is a S and one of DeBoer’s previous recruits who played in California this past year. I believe that Latrell Jean is expected to take an official this weekend (SDE Fla.).

Weaver was recently offered along with Johnson which makes me uneasy about how the staff feels regarding some of the other OL they have been recruiting for a while (Ike, Allen, Dawand Jones).

I have also seen on Twitter that Jared Hopper plans to make an official this weekend and was offered today. He is a S and one of DeBoer’s previous recruits who played in California this past year. I believe that Latrell Jean is expected to take an official this weekend (SDE Fla.).

Weaver was recently offered along with Johnson which makes me uneasy about how the staff feels regarding some of the other OL they have been recruiting for a while (Ike, Allen, Dawand Jones).
Hopper would be a huge get in my opinion. He's not rated that highly and he may be a bit of a project but I think he could an absolute stud down the road and a building block for an elite defense (and would improve the special teams unit right off the bat)

Last edited:
Hope Allen (and Indy recruits) can work some past Ben Davis magic on OL Jones, but his head may be spinning with the other top 4 offer list he has. Would love to see him and Caleb Jones be the next “Twin Towers” of IU OL!

Reactions: Sassy61
Hope Allen (and Indy recruits) can work some past Ben Davis magic on OL Jones, but his head may be spinning with the other top 4 offer list he has. Would love to see him and Caleb Jones be the next “Twin Towers” of IU OL!
Wouldn’t hold your breath, likely OSU, but I guess you never know.

Think they have a good chance to flip S Cecil Powell from Baylor (who visited last weekend) and OL Tim Weaver from Rutgers (who is visiting this weekend), and I don’t think they are out of it with TJ Jones or Jonathon Allen. Just saying Jones is visiting PSU , so if they really push for him we don’t win that battle often, and Allen seemed to like his Cincy visit along with the fact that his sister might also go to UC.
We also offered OL Cam’Ron Johnson from Texas today, but have no idea what our chances are there, probably not high if he doesn’t visit.
Allen also appears to be visiting UK this weekend.

Hopper would be a huge get in my opinion. He's not rated that highly and he may be a bit of a project but I think he could an absolute stud down the road and a building block for an elite defense (and would improve the special teams unit right off the bat)
I think we need as many bites at the apple as we can get at OL, OT's particularly. We need help there, big time. Our O-line, & D-line for that matter, need upgraded, desperately.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT