ADVERTISEMENT

We landed someone

By in-home, you mean stopped by his dorm down in FL across the hall from Cooper Flagg's dorm who is Kansas' remaining top target.
ha ha...good point.

"Cooper, Cooper!! Could I get a word wi...oh, hi Liam...do you, like, know when Cooper is gonna go to class?"

Boom! In home visit, nailed it.

ha ha...good point.

"Cooper, Cooper!! Could I get a word wi...oh, hi Liam...do you, like, know when Cooper is gonna go to class?"

Boom! In home visit, nailed it.
In all seriousness though, I do feel Self realizes that McNeeley's recruitment is winding down and nearing a commitment date and knows he's behind. I think he made one last ditch effort to persuade McNeeley to hold off committing to IU and to wait and see how Cooper Flagg's recruitment unfolds, selling Liam on the idea of playing with his high school teammate.

Reactions: kkott
In all seriousness though, I do feel Self realizes that McNeeley's recruitment is winding down and nearing a commitment date and knows he's behind. I think he made one last ditch effort to persuade McNeeley to hold off committing to IU and to wait and see how Cooper Flagg's recruitment unfolds, selling Liam on the idea of playing with his high school teammate.
Could be. So many variables at play with these higher level kids nowadays.

I hope Woody ends up closing this one. It'd be a painful miss if not.

Could be. So many variables at play with these higher level kids nowadays.

I hope Woody ends up closing this one. It'd be a painful miss if not.
It definitely feels like we’re not in as strong a position as we were just 48 hrs ago. Whether that’s reality or not remains to be seen…

By in-home, you mean stopped by his dorm down in FL across the hall from Cooper Flagg's dorm who is Kansas' remaining top target.
That's what I thought too, but an article I saw earlier (trying to find to post, but still looking...) made it clear he vistied in-home with LM and his family, so sounds like he was home and the visit was focused on LM and not seeing Flagg too.

That's what I thought too, but an article I saw earlier (trying to find to post, but still looking...) made it clear he vistied in-home with LM and his family, so sounds like he was home and the visit was focused on LM and not seeing Flagg too.
Could be the case and I misread what I initially saw, but thought I read some intel that he saw Flagg at Montverde as well. He was in North Carolina yesterday visiting Rakease Passmore who plays at a prep school in NC and the same position as McNeeley and secured an OV to Lawrence later this fall.

Reactions: kkott
It definitely feels like we’re not in as strong a position as we were just 48 hrs ago. Whether that’s reality or not remains to be seen…
Self flying down to see him doesn't change my feelings or views. He has a private jet, I assume. He could see 3 kids in the same day, all in different states, if he wanted to.

Self flying to see McNeeley is a worth while trip for him.

1...McNeeley is a stud, and he's about as direct a comp with Grady Dick as their is. So even if he's way behind, its worth a few hour trip to go talk to him.

2...McNeeley is close with Cooper Flagg. Anything Self can get from McNeeley to better his position with Flagg...again, worth the trip.

3...Self has other high level scorers/wings he's recruiting...showing them that he's aggressively recruiting McNeeley might create some urgency elsewhere...per Coach Geez's posts, it seems that Passmore has shown some more interest all of a sudden...as an example.

Basically...until we start seeing Crystal balls change for KU, and/or until we hear directly from McNeeley's people something concrete that he's changing his mind...logic still says IU will be his choice.

Sounds like now Woodson back to see him today.

ndiana coach Mike Woodson scheduled to see 5-stars Liam McNeeley (
@liammcneeley30
) and Derik Queen (
@derikqueen1
) today at
@MVABasketball
. #iubb
Was just about to post that. Article on TOS. Woody isn’t going to just roll over. He clearly wants these guys and I think the two are a great fit and would be very successful in his system.

We will see where the chips fall, but I don’t think we can say these coaches didn’t pull out all the stops to land the guys they really want. Wish it always worked out in our favor, but I think there is a real chance we get one or both. Worth the effort, regardless of outcome.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Was just about to post that. Article on TOS. Woody isn’t going to just roll over. He clearly wants these guys and I think the two are a great fit and would be very successful in his system.

We will see where the chips fall, but I don’t think we can say these coaches didn’t pull out all the stops to land the guys they really want. Wish it always worked out in our favor, but I think there is a real chance we get one or both. Worth the effort, regardless of outcome.
Hopefully we get at least one of them we will have anywere from 3-6 spots to fill for next year depending on NBA decisions.

I can't imagine that KU has any open 3 or 4s in its 2024 class, let alone on its returning roster overall for that 25-25 season. Liam has to be choosing us now, at this point . Or, Abilene Christian. One of the two.
Maybe he's going to pull a preemptive Jordan and go play baseball? Dallas Baptist is my pick in that case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT