ADVERTISEMENT

We know what we know - plan for remaining games

bdhman

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2002
We know what we’ve got. Plan for remaining games:
•. Barring injury, play Morgan, Johnson, McRoberts and Smith 35 minutes per game. Rest of the minutes to Newkirk, Greene, Freddie and Colin based on how they perform. Throw Moore in there, too. Time to invest in next year.
•. Allow guys to have up to 3 fouls in the first half. This team is not good enough to “play for the second half”. If Morgan played more in the first half last night, IU might have had a 12 to 15 point lead at halftime.
•. Do whatever CAM needs to do to keep Newkirk, Freddie and Greene from putting up awful shots. Wide open, ok, but this junk of thinking they are Russell Westbrook has to stop.
•. Practice free throws with consequence attached - less than 75% during free throw drills and whole team runs. Again. Again. Again.

IU has had 4 inexcusable losses this year - ISU, Ft Wayne, Wisky and Illinois. Been watching IU for 45 years, and never seen a team with 2 senior guards this bad. Next year can’t come soon enough.

Ugh.

These guards are either "all-world" or "all-playing-like-junk." THAT has been the trademark of this team. I'd take "average" to this point but it seems like it's one or the other... mostly the other.

•. Barring injury, play Morgan, Johnson, McRoberts and Smith 35 minutes per game. Rest of the minutes to Newkirk, Greene, Freddie and Colin based on how they perform. Throw Moore in there, too. Time to invest in next year.
•. Allow guys to have up to 3 fouls in the first half. This team is not good enough to “play for the second half”. If Morgan played more in the first half last night, IU might have had a 12 to 15 point lead at halftime.
•. Do whatever CAM needs to do to keep Newkirk, Freddie and Greene from putting up awful shots. Wide open, ok, but this junk of thinking they are Russell Westbrook has to stop.
•. Practice free throws with consequence attached - less than 75% during free throw drills and whole team runs. Again. Again. Again.

IU has had 4 inexcusable losses this year - ISU, Ft Wayne, Wisky and Illinois. Been watching IU for 45 years, and never seen a team with 2 senior guards this bad. Next year can’t come soon enough.

Ugh.
If Morgan would have picked up his third foul in the first half - we would have been buried in the 2nd half. You did notice that he picked up a quick foul to start the second half.

Ugh.
I don't understand why coaches today feel like they have to sit players who has 2 fouls in the first half.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
These guards are either "all-world" or "all-playing-like-junk." THAT has been the trademark of this team. I'd take "average" to this point but it seems like it's one or the other... mostly the other.

I have no idea when the guards on this team have been "all-world". Individual players have had good games occasionally, but on their best day there's not a single guard on this team in the "all-world" category - more like above average is their absolute ceiling on an individual level in a single game. I think maybe their worst games have been so terrible that when they have nights where they don't completely suck you think they're better than they are in comparison.

This senior class is just awful. Robert Johnson is the only senior worthy of getting any minutes for a decent power 5 conference school. I'll give Hartman a break because of all of his injuries, but McSwain, Priller and Newkirk should have never been given scholarships to a power 5 school, let alone a program with IU's heritage. The further away from the Crean era this program gets, the better off it will be.

I have no idea when the guards on this team have been "all-world". Individual players have had good games occasionally, but on their best day there's not a single guard on this team in the "all-world" category - more like above average is their absolute ceiling on an individual level in a single game. I think maybe their worst games have been so terrible that when they have nights where they don't completely suck you think they're better than they are in comparison.

This senior class is just awful. Robert Johnson is the only senior worthy of getting any minutes for a decent power 5 conference school. I'll give Hartman a break because of all of his injuries, but McSwain, Priller and Newkirk should have never been given scholarships to a power 5 school, let alone a program with IU's heritage. The further away from the Crean era this program gets, the better off it will be.
I PATIENTLY AWAIT THAT DAY!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT