ADVERTISEMENT

watching the end of the Fever game heard something that was a 1st for me

show me one press clipping where someone pointed out she was heterosexual, maybe it was mentioned that she had a boyfriend but that is not what you were trying to imply.
I don’t have the article right at my fingertips but Jemele Hill recently wrote that it is “problematic” that Caitlin Clark is white and straight.

Caitlin Clark's going to be just fine. She's a rookie and the center of attention for all opposing teams.
The post was nothng about Clark being a bad player or disappointing. Brink brings a different element of defense to the WNBA and great all round skills. I'm sure others play defense but not many from I see. One writer has already started his ROY watch and listed Brink #1. Clark probably gets in the end because she will likely have bigger stats especially scoring and shooting 3's.

I don’t have the article right at my fingertips but Jemele Hill recently wrote that it is “problematic” that Caitlin Clark is white and straight.
problematic for who? absolutely makes no sense, is she insinuating that if she was black and a carpet muncher no one would care about her? Like Magic, Jordan, Kobe and Lebron who were not beloved because they were black? Hill is a 1st class idiot.

Reactions: kmathum
The difference of Clark in college vs pro to me is the defense they play on her. She is picked up way before the half court line and constantly physically hit. Much bigger and faster players of course, but also the refs allow much more physical contact.
If the Fever can't take advantage of that kind of backcourt pressure, then CC isn't going to move the needle for them.

If the Fever can't take advantage of that kind of backcourt pressure, then CC isn't going to move the needle for them.
Clark doesn't have much help. Why do you think the Fever have had the number one draft choice in the league two years in a row?

Reactions: IUgradman
Clark doesn't have much help. Why do you think the Fever have had the number one draft choice in the league two years in a row?
I'll have to watch them play. But her Iowa team was only good because her teammates ran the court to take advantage of her extraordinary court awareness/passing upcourt.

The gay/lesbian doesn’t make any difference to me but I agree it likely adds another chemistry wrinkle for the coach to handle.
I think there are a lot of lesbian players so maybe within the team it is a zero big deal. I assume we had gay guys in high school but we never knew it.
70% players are not white
30% players are 'supportive' of LGBT.
Tony Katz Today ..

I think that's a tired old rumor for tired old men. Both are or have been married and I think Laettner has a few ninos running around.
Means nothing. Closeted gay men get married and have kids, happens all the time.

70% players are not white
30% players are 'supportive' of LGBT.
Tony Katz Today ..
I do not know who Tony Katz is or where he obtained his info. I am surprised (question accuracy) of the 30% supportive number. I think younger people are much less concerned with sex orientation than older adults. I also think that female athletes have been exposed to lesbian athletes and coaches ever since at least college (and now perhaps high school) and have many friends that are lesbians. So my guess, and it is just my guess, is that the 30% number is way too low.

Means nothing. Closeted gay men get married and have kids, happens all the time.
Unless you think that most married men with kids are closeted homosexuals, it does sort of mean something. Not defacto, but it makes it far less likely.

I do not know who Tony Katz is or where he obtained his info. I am surprised (question accuracy) of the 30% supportive number. I think younger people are much less concerned with sex orientation than older adults. I also think that female athletes have been exposed to lesbian athletes and coaches ever since at least college (and now perhaps high school) and have many friends that are lesbians. So my guess, and it is just my guess, is that the 30% number is way too low.
WNBA....not general society.
Katz is daytime talker host on FM WIBC. His guest discussed this earlier this week.

WNBA....not general society.
Katz is daytime talker host on FM WIBC. His guest discussed this earlier this week.
Quick google search I think it’s 30% of WNBA players say they are LBGT, which makes more sense. LBGT+ support in the WNBA has to be about 100% or very very high

Sparks vs Fever so the top 2 picks will be on the floor together.

I'll be watching Kyrie, PJ, Lively and the Mavs.

My guess is yours as well. I think near 100% of wnba players have no issue with lesbians on the team.
bernie sanders said that 77 percent of lesbians make up 22 percent of the gdp and that 93 percent of the 23 percent support 84 percent of the 144 wnb players who are 65 percent in the league

• Haha
Reactions: Jssanto
It's problematic that Jemele Hill still has a platform.
She is widely known as a race baiter. She uses the race card in about everything she writes or opines about.
She basically says that the WNBA isn’t showing the same amount of respect to the black females who built the league.
Hill likes divisiveness.

Quick google search I think it’s 30% of WNBA players say they are LBGT, which makes more sense. LBGT+ support in the WNBA has to be about 100% or very very high
Yes,
It’s beyond stupid for someone to believe that only 30% of the WNBA are LBGT supporters.

The difference of Clark in college vs pro to me is the defense they play on her. She is picked up way before the half court line and constantly physically hit. Much bigger and faster players of course, but also the refs allow much more physical contact.
CC counters by pushing the defender off of her with her off ball hand and the refs allow it.

She is widely known as a race baiter. She uses the race card in about everything she writes or opines about.
She basically says that the WNBA isn’t showing the same amount of respect to the black females who built the league.
Hill likes divisiveness.
my uncle would call her a , but he was a ass backwards hillbilly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT