ADVERTISEMENT

Washington to Carolina...

No clue. Never heard of him before he committed to Purdue.

My guess is that he was very physically mature for his age when they first started ranking him when he was 15 years old and competition to an extent has caught up to him. Collin Hartman was a top 30 recruit way back when and fell further and further once his age group started catching up to him maturity wise.
Probably a lot of truth to what you say, but his ranking has taken some wild swings. Not sure what else it could be. Solid player, wait and see.

EVALUATED 02/16/2021​

Jerry Meyer DIRECTOR OF BASKETBALL SCOUTING

A quality shooter off catch or dribble. Can make one shots off either foot in the mid-range when attacking. Also has post up game. Has strength but limited lateral quickness. More of a straight ahead athlete who jumps best off one foot when attacking the rim. Uses his body well on offense. Can finish with either hand. Has room to improve motor as a defender and rebounder.

The Gopher Report was talking about family ties to Minny and Purdue, so I guess his commit makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Nope, must be the wrong guy. Hide is very explosive and very athletic. If that is what the scouting report says, they are way off.
I’m just going off what I’ve read. I have no clue but it would explain why his ranking fell. Lateral quickness is important on defense. That was the other knock on him. So take it for what it’s worth. No need to respond as I don’t really care.

EVALUATED 02/16/2021​

Jerry Meyer DIRECTOR OF BASKETBALL SCOUTING

A quality shooter off catch or dribble. Can make one shots off either foot in the mid-range when attacking. Also has post up game. Has strength but limited lateral quickness. More of a straight ahead athlete who jumps best off one foot when attacking the rim. Uses his body well on offense. Can finish with either hand. Has room to improve motor as a defender and rebounder.

The Gopher Report was talking about family ties to Minny and Purdue, so I guess his commit makes sense.
I guess we will all find out together if he can play or not. Yes, I did hear his Dad went Lafayette Jeff HS?

You’re clearly jealous of Purdue having a coach like Painter. It doesn’t surprise me though as your administration has hired the goofiest coach’s in the country back to back trying to keep up. I don’t imagine you’re looking forward to this season either. Probably gonna be a fun fall and winter in your household. Try not to abuse any animals.
Coaches, not coach’s.

Coaches, not coach’s.
You’re so smart. Now, tell me how you spell loser. Here, I’ll use it in a sentence.
When Purdue and IU play each other, IU is more often than not, the loser.
Should it actually be loosier? Seems it would fit in with the clown pants and desperation.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
You’re so smart. Now, tell me how you spell loser. Here, I’ll use it in a sentence.
Should it actually be loosier? Seems it would fit in with the clown pants and desperation.
dumb

You should be good at spelling "loser."

Gunn? Good grief. The kid Waddell dunked in in the state tournament a couple months back? You can have him.
One play? Yes, the same Gunn that sent that game to OT with an incredible shot that Brian could only dream of hitting in warmups. The same Gunn that outplays him on the summer circuit every year and is ranked far above him. The same Gunn that 10 out of 10 college coaches would take in a heartbeat over some role player from a high school state champion. Woo, his team was better, by a few bounces of the ball...and twice as many free throws.

Yeah, you can have Waddell. I'm sure Painter had him tabbed him over Gunn all along, and it wasn't a case of some last-minute legacy recruit to fill out the schollys in an otherwise lackluster class. I mean, if we're really comparing players based on one play or one game matched up against each other, you should probably go back and watch some of the Battle of the Brands from Noblesville back in the summer of 2020. It was pretty embarrassing for Furst, your franchise center, matched up nearly the entire game against our recruit, Duncomb.

Now, go away, little brother, before you say any more ignorant things that are going to be thrown back in your face. Since the addition now of Jalen Hood-Schifino and the impending commitment from Noah Clowney should just about end this 2022 class debate and whether Woodson can recruit.

Don’t let Purdue missing on Washington blind you from the fact Mike Woodson is off to a terrible start recruiting in 2022 and 2023. Myles Colvin offer? Lol. Will Woody even land a corpse from 2022?
Lowcunt really looks smart as this comment ages. LOL

Don’t let Purdue missing on Washington blind you from the fact Mike Woodson is off to a terrible start recruiting in 2022 and 2023. Myles Colvin offer? Lol. Will Woody even land a corpse from 2022?
Not only at home are you premature, but you can’t even get it right on this board…

I'd say Gunn,Banks and Hood-Schifino is a pretty good class. They could add this Clowney kid also. I am not a Purdue hater.I am an IU Lover. I will not talk down Waddell because we have Gunn. I want both players from the state of Indiana to do well. The original point of this thread was that neither IU or PU got Washington who is an Indiana kid. He's going off to Tar Heel land. We should all lock arms and say, "that ain't right!"

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
This certainly didn't age well. Top 5 class in nation and number 2 in conference.

Sorry guys … but Woody didn’t land JHS, Kenya Hunter did. Woody still has the training wheels on.
What a dumb flex.

I really don't care which members of our staff were or weren't involved in recruiting a kid. All that I care about is whether or not that kid comes to Indiana.

If you told me Tim Garl was the key to a kid choosing Indiana, all I'd do is give Tim a high five. It's not going to make me look at Coach Woodson and say "So what are YOU doing to help our recruiting?"

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Assistant coaches get a school into the door with a recruit but no recruit will actually commit if they don't like the head coach.

If painter couldn't keep the Brown kid in the fold after Shrewsbury left, what's that say about pork chop and his training wheels still being attached?

What a dumb flex.

I really don't care which members of our staff were or weren't involved in recruiting a kid. All that I care about is whether or not that kid comes to Indiana.

If you told me Tim Garl was the key to a kid choosing Indiana, all I'd do is give Tim a high five. It's not going to make me look at Coach Woodson and say "So what are YOU doing to help our recruiting?"
At the end of the day, these kids are playing for Mike Woodson. Simply put. Naive not to think assistant coaches do most, if not all the leg work in recruiting. Hell Purdue just had a top 100 recruit de-commit and follow Shrewsbury to Penn State.

If Hunter was still working for Archie, then would we have still gotten JHS?

If the answer is no, then head coach obviously matters ;)

Reactions: LifeLong_IU77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT