ADVERTISEMENT

Ware's effort

kraft cheese+macaroni

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2010
KW got here with a reputation for not having a good effort level or work ethic. I think many people have noted that it's been difficult to see that in his time at Indiana. Either Woody has motivated him, he's matured and motivated himself, or whatever. Either way, that hasn't appeared to be an issue...but am I the only one who feels like over the last two games that his effort level has dropped from what he showed in the first 9 or so games. Especially defensively and especially last night against BJ State. He just looked disinterested, slow to rotate. I felt a little bit the same way against Kansas, but it was more pronounced to me last night.

Let's hope he kills it against UNA tomorrow night and get back to his performance prior to finals.

Reactions: Willdog7
KW got here with a reputation for not having a good effort level or work ethic. I think many people have noted that it's been difficult to see that in his time at Indiana. Either Woody has motivated him, he's matured and motivated himself, or whatever. Either way, that hasn't appeared to be an issue...but am I the only one who feels like over the last two games that his effort level has dropped from what he showed in the first 9 or so games. Especially defensively and especially last night against BJ State. He just looked disinterested, slow to rotate. I felt a little bit the same way against Kansas, but it was more pronounced to me last night.

Let's hope he kills it against UNA tomorrow night and get back to his performance prior to finals.
Last three games really

Definitely was more of a struggle last night... and KU... Auburn. Get used to it: why would you not double/overplay him?

I actually liked Todd Leary's suggestion last night of getting KW and MM out on the perimeter more and allow guards to drive. Would open up the middle more and create better spacing and I think those 2 are our best 3 pt shooters at the moment. Would give MR even more space to operate and the only issue would be possibly limiting those 2 on the offensive glass. Plus, doesn't have to be every time, but I think it would be an interesting wrinkle. Leary I think has very good post game analysis, you just have to put up with Coyle.

need to get him involved early.

Reactions: Willdog7
He has gained a bad habit of not getting his feet in front of driving offensive players. Instead, he stays parallel and tries to block everything. It's incorrect defense, but that is on the coaches.

Reactions: BigMobe and kkott
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT