ADVERTISEMENT

Ware

Huh? He didn't have to worry about fouls the last two seasons. He got free reign and shoved and forearmed defenders with immunity.
Actually, in all seriousness and putting aside any IU bias I might have on how Edey was officiated in college, it will be really interesting to see how much it affects his game in the NBA with respect to fouls. Being picked by Memphis, they're clearly counting on him to be the starting center, and the NBA refs have a notoriously quick whistle when it comes to less experienced players. If he ends up being a foul machine, and has trouble defending the pick and roll (a huge staple of the NBA game), AND is limited offensively for what an NBA team wants to run, he's not going to give them the minutes they are expecting and need. I still think he's got a long career, barring injury (which for 7'4" guys is a little more of a risk), as a second unit guy. He's way more skilled than several of the schleps that stick around as backup centers for a decade or more.

Reactions: BoilerN
Huh? He didn't have to worry about fouls the last two seasons. He got free rein and shoved and forearmed defenders with immunity.
He took more forearms and how hands in the back than he gave. That’s going to be one of his strengths in the NBA. He’s bigger and stronger than most. Be curious to see how he continues to develop. But you know as well as I do that he let guys go and didn’t try for blocks all the time to protect himself from foul calls. That was part of the scheme with him. Probably changes this year with Jacobson because there are other options at the 5.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
lmao .. becuse all he could guard was the rim and it doesn't move.

You, are full of shit ..
I watched him contain some guards. His block on Knecht in the elite 8 with 35 seconds left. Picked him up at the 3 point line, slid down and stayed in front of him, made the block. So Knecht is slow as crap or Edey can do it.

• Haha
He took more forearms and how hands in the back than he gave. That’s going to be one of his strengths in the NBA. He’s bigger and stronger than most. Be curious to see how he continues to develop. But you know as well as I do that he let guys go and didn’t try for blocks all the time to protect himself from foul calls. That was part of the scheme with him. Probably changes this year with Jacobson because there are other options at the 5.
and he shot FTs for all of them.

How many games was he on the bench with two in the first half?

How many did he foul out of?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT